Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Throttle sticking 2017 CVO Limited  (Read 1183 times)

Surgdoc4

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WY

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
    • CVO2: 2017 CVO Limited
Throttle sticking 2017 CVO Limited
« on: September 01, 2019, 12:07:57 AM »

This has been a problem for 2 years that I thought I had solved. A few weeks after I bought this bike the throttle started sticking while at Sturgis. By loosening the bolt holding the master cylinder the problem was gone and worked fine for the past 2 years. Recently, again at Sturgis, I noticed the bolts were very loose, enough so that the mirror moved and the brake felt loose. I tightened the bolts to the point everything stayed in place and the throttle didn’t stick. Recently had a Stage 3 upgrade and ask the dealer to see what the problem with the throttle was. When I went to pick it up the throttle was sticking worse than when I brought it in. I loosened the upper bolt 1/2 turn and the problem gone. Note on the report “ The bars are tapered from the switch pack to the end of the grip and the twist grip sensor has a broken tab and fitting loosely in the bar”. They are going to order a new bar, still have extended warranty. Does anybody know anything about this issue? Bike has never been dropped and I certainly didn’t alter the bar in any way.

stuart1270

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2016 CVO limited 117ci
Re: Throttle sticking 2017 CVO Limited
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 12:00:23 PM »

I just did a set of bars and when all was tightened unfortunately throttle would stick. When I switched the two caps that hold the master cylinders it solved my problem.  They are supposed to be the same.

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 24 queries.