Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Deal points on 2011 cvo Street Glide  (Read 12698 times)

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
Deal points on 2011 cvo Street Glide
« on: August 04, 2010, 01:37:03 PM »

I've been on a waiting list at my local dealer for a cvo Street Glide since they were introduced last year. I'm at the top now and a black/crimson is available to me in the next week or so if I want it.  I'll pay cash, no trade in, and I've been a good customer of this dealership for many years and have been happy with it. They treat me well in the service dept. on warranty issues or any other service issue. If I don't take it many others will jump on the opportunity to buy this bike. The market for these motorcycles, and any new cvo for that fact, in my area is strong and there are few to none that ever last on the showroom for long, and the ones that do are not touring bikes. What is considered a good deal? I'll be looking at new handlebars, headpipe, baffles, and extended warranty with the bike purchase.

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
Re: Deal points on 2011 cvo Street Glide
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 01:43:42 PM »

In my opinion, MSRP is a good (and fair) deal on CVOs. If you can get a discount on the extended warranty and some % off additional P&A, more the better. There are many online HD dealers who sell parts and accessories at 20% off. If you can install what you want yourself, that's always an option. On big items like lowers, my dealer matched the 20% off. On little stuff, I don't even ask.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 02:02:28 PM »

I've been on a waiting list at my local dealer for a cvo Street Glide since they were introduced last year. I'm at the top now and a black/crimson is available to me in the next week or so if I want it.  I'll pay cash, no trade in, and I've been a good customer of this dealership for many years and have been happy with it. They treat me well in the service dept. on warranty issues or any other service issue. If I don't take it many others will jump on the opportunity to buy this bike. The market for these motorcycles, and any new cvo for that fact, in my area is strong and there are few to none that ever last on the showroom for long, and the ones that do are not touring bikes. What is considered a good deal? I'll be looking at new handlebars, headpipe, baffles, and extended warranty with the bike purchase.
Considering what is in red I would say be happy if you got the bike for MSRP..... I would doubt they would take less for that if the market is that strong. What you may negotiate for/with is price of ESP (if you are interested in that), maybe a store gift certificate (=/> $500), and or discount (=/> 20%) on accessories & install of them at time of purchase (up to six months after would really be nice). Depending on what you have in mine for accessories/upgrades the discount may be a better option.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 03:21:39 PM »

Considering what is in red I would say be happy if you got the bike for MSRP..... I would doubt they would take less for that if the market is that strong. What you may negotiate for/with is price of ESP (if you are interested in that), maybe a store gift certificate (=/> $500), and or discount (=/> 20%) on accessories & install of them at time of purchase (up to six months after would really be nice). Depending on what you have in mine for accessories/upgrades the discount may be a better option.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I have to agree..if the demand in your area is that high, then MSRP is fair and I give the dealer credit for not taking advantage of the high demand. Some dealers in my area try to get $3-$4K over MSRP if they can. The bikes sit on the showroom floor for a while, but eventually somebody buys them.

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 03:23:47 PM »

At this point in the year for a 2011 CVO, MSRP is fair.  I would add a 20% discount on all parts ordered in the first 30 days, you'll need it ;)
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 03:44:29 PM »

I just bought the same bike as you and paid MSRP plus freight but no dealer prep.  In addition, they gave me a $500 store gift card and a 15% discount on parts.  I live in Michigan where the economy truly sucks so they may have been a little more generous than normal but it was a pretty easy deal to make.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 04:14:56 PM »

The extended warranty (service agreement) is negotiable and can be bought from any dealership at any time during it's factory warranty (two years), right over the phone.  If you let them know that you're aware of that, they'll probably match that.

Sales are way down on Harleys across the nation and a number of us got ours below MSRP last year (first time for CVOs) but you have to be willing to travel to get those kind of deals.  Of course that's a great excuse for a long ride home. :2vrolijk_21:

Like others have said, no more than MSRP on the bike with at least 15% discount on parts and installation (you can get parts at 20% discount from a number of vendors but most here get them from Jenni or Chicago HD) and at least 15% (hopefully 20%) discount on the extended warranty. :2vrolijk_21:

That's a really nice bike that you're getting.  I think there are many here that would like to have that one.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 06:22:51 PM »

Maybe no setup or freight.
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 07:32:50 PM »

Those are all good responses. Thank you. The initial offer they made me is $33k including shipping and setup, and $200 off any extended warranty I might want. I get 20% off parts at another dealer I've bought a few bikes from and the parts service is great, no sales tax, etc. My local dealer treats me well so I don't want to haggle over a few hundred extra dollars just to sweeten the deal a little.

The next question is this: The black diamond/crimson tag is due to arrive in a week. a black diamond/inferno orange is arriving next month. No other cvo SGs the rest of the year. I like them both and can't decide which one. What should I do? 

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 07:36:50 PM »

Those are all good responses. Thank you. The initial offer they made me is $33k including shipping and setup, and $200 off any extended warranty I might want. I get 20% off parts at another dealer I've bought a few bikes from and the parts service is great, no sales tax, etc. My local dealer treats me well so I don't want to haggle over a few hundred extra dollars just to sweeten the deal a little.

The next question is this: The black diamond/crimson tag is due to arrive in a week. a black diamond/inferno orange is arriving next month. No other cvo SGs the rest of the year. I like them both and can't decide which one. What should I do? 
The black diamond/crimson 
TJ

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 07:51:13 PM »

That unfortunately/fortunately will be a decision only you should make... you will be the one looking at/riding this bike for some time to come and your heart/soul will tell you which one is the right one. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 07:55:49 PM »

That unfortunately/fortunately will be a decision only you should make... you will be the one looking at/riding this bike for some time to come and your heart/soul will tell you which one is the right one. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I agree with d00d's thought, but if you think their's a chance you'll hand it off to me someday, I'd suggest the black diamond/inferno orange!             ::) ::) ::)  :P
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 Sunset Orange / Sunset Black Fade
    • CVO2: 2010 Concord FLHXSE - Sold
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 08:02:31 PM »

I'll second all the responses on MSRP and P&A discounts etc.  Regarding color, all I can tell you is that it was the hardest part of buying my 2010 SESG.  All the colors were fantastic.  In the end, after many missed opportunities trying to decide on second choice colors, I held out for my original choice, Concord.  Go with the color you feel strongest about regardless of the delivery date.  You're spending big $'s and the last thing you want to do is choose a color that you are not 100% comfortable with. . . . .   You'll "feel" the right color choice when you see it!  Enjoy the shopping experience.   :drink:

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 08:27:04 PM »

when i got my 2010  he knew i wanted it and i knew he wanted it off the floor, it had been on the floor for about a month, got it for msrp with free setup, freight, 1st service, and 20% on accesories for 30days which did pipes, intake, tuner, bars, airhorns.thats about all i want to do to it for now, well maybe cams hahaha.  didnt think i did to bad after seeing what some dealers where selling them for.
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 08:32:35 PM »

One thing I really learned is to NOT judge the CVO colors from the pictures. You must see them in person and preferably in the sunlight, Good Luck!!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.577 seconds with 24 queries.