Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Throttle dampening?  (Read 450 times)

johnmowcop

• Full CVO Member
Throttle dampening?
« on: July 10, 2019, 04:46:26 PM »

A bit more advice please.

Not sure if this is possible 2011 CVO Ultra Road Glide. Throttle is fly by wire.

The roads in the UK are imported from a third world country, we give the third world country our peoples taxes, that third world country generally dislikes us beyond reason anyway so why bother, instead we should be using our money to repair our roads, provide health care etc. Politicians and civil servants, are'nt they great people.

While riding along our very bumpy and potholed roads my throttle hand is forced to continually momentarily partially close the throttle, being fuel injected this cuts fuel immediately and causes a snatching sensation to the drive train. Could be mistaken but I think if it was a cable throttle this effect would not be so pronounced.
Question is: is there a way of dampening this effect without "stiffening" the twist grip action, this would lose the self closing effect which I would prefer to keep.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
JohnT

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
Re: Throttle dampening?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 06:18:33 PM »

im no pro, but if you have a tuning device you can adjust TB blade speed/reaction time with some tuners, my 13 was real twitchy (how I describe it) and I told my tuner fellow, after he tuned it no more issue... hope that helps. and there is no way to adjust tension cause the fly by wire grip sensor has the return spring built inside it
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 25 queries.