Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: SOLVED THE WIND BUFFETING ISSUE!!! Very excited!!  (Read 7850 times)

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
Re: SOLVED THE WIND BUFFETING ISSUE!!! Very excited!!
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 09:27:13 AM »

I have been using Scott's leg mounted diffuser with really good results.  A little tweaking to fit me perfectly will make them a must have for me on long rides.  The SERK & most bikes with windshields have the large opening between the lower windshield and the headlight, the bikes with fairing do not have this issue. I have temporarily slid a piece of very soft & flexible copper pipe insulation to close the gap.  While this only affects a small amount of air my goal is to reduce as much buffeting as possible and then make adjustments or decisions on what I will use. 

Billy thanks for your input on the HD fork deflectors,  I was wondering on just how effective they were, now that I know I will order a set.  I'm satisfied with the small amount of air that goes over my two sizes of the Clearview Recurve Windshields.  It's the large amount of wind coming through the opening from each side of the tank that slams into my chest & under my helmet that needs to be reduced.  With enough people trying to solve some buffeting we might find additional solutions.  In my case I have 75,000 on my 08 SERK and a pretty severe neck injury to contend with so I need to solve this or add a touring bike that will not cause the discomfort that I have been fighting for years.  If I was younger & stronger it would not be an issue.  Lets keep the solutions coming. 

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 04:36:25 PM »

The deflectors work great, The only wind that I get is a hard cross wind but from under the windshield it is calm. Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 06:34:47 PM »

Thanks for the info Billy

Ray G

hdff

• Iron Butt #54101
  • Full CVO Member
  • Ride hard or go home.........

• CVO1: 2012 flhtcuse7
    • CVO2: 1992 FXSTC
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2014, 12:37:37 PM »

I installed the new HD fork deflectors and it is calm as could be  with a full face helmet on. I already have to many pcs of riding gear to put on with all the weather changes on long rides. I have a Klock Werks wind shield on too. I had the same problem on my way to Arkansas in May with  head winds of 40 miles plus my neck was so sore that I sopped at Pig Trail HD and they installed that night and the ride is great. No wind around me at all  Billy

:worthless:
:fireman::fireman:
2012 FLHTCUSE7  "Flossie"

Bromebe

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2001 CVO FXDWG2 Switchblade
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2014, 01:18:29 PM »

I'd like to see it also,
to consider the same on mine
2013 CVO Screaning Eagle Road King - Big Blue
2001 CVO  Switchblade - Flash (sold)

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 26 queries.