Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Woman arrested for trying to pass fake $1 million  (Read 2486 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Woman arrested for trying to pass fake $1 million
« on: March 09, 2004, 04:49:04 PM »

Woman arrested for trying to pass fake $1 million bill

By Associated Press, 3/9/2004 16:11

COVINGTON, Ga. (AP) A Georgia woman who tried to use a fake $1 million bill to buy $1,675 worth of merchandise at Wal-Mart was arrested, and police later found two more of the bills in her purse.

The U.S. Treasury does not make $1 million bills, but similar-looking currency is sold in some souvenir shops. The fake bill featured a picture of the Statue of Liberty, police said.

''It looks real, but of course there's nothing real about this,'' said Stacey Cotton, police chief in Covington, about 30 miles southeast of Atlanta. ''People do crazy things all the time.''

A store clerk immediately noticed the bill was fake when 35-year-old Alice Regina Pike handed it to her on Friday, Cotton said.

Pike then tried to use two gift cards worth only $2.32 to buy the merchandise, but when that did not work she again asked to cash the $1 million bill, Cotton said. The store then called police.

Pike was jailed on forgery charges. A woman who answered the phone at the jail said she did not know if Pike has a lawyer.

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

rturn2mow

• HOG
Re: Woman arrested for trying to pass fake $1 mill
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 10:31:07 AM »

Damn, those are fake. I guess I wont be getting that boat after all.
Rick
'04 Ultra
'02 FLHRCI w/Big Bore HO kit w/SE Peformance Heads, flat top forged pistons, SE257 cams, SE Race tuner, Kerker pipes, SE adjustable pushrods, high performance clutch, SE springs, touring oil cooler and lotsa chrome.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.