Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2013 CVO Road King or 2014 non CVO Limited??  (Read 8822 times)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: 2013 CVO Road King or 2014 non CVO Limited??
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 11:39:18 PM »

The seat problem is fixed like this for long trips and it is even heated.. Then you can put the stock seat back on fro a hot rod look. With this LRS windshield I can hear the tunes fime even at 80 on the interstate. Then for the really long trips a detachable tour pack. I just ordered a swinebox today and had it shipped to Joe at Xtreme Dimension for the color matched paint. I am probably biased but to me I have a hot rod and a touring bike in one with the 13 CVO King.

I will be very interested to see the lines of the painted-to-match Swinebox on your beautiful '13 SERK! Looks like it's tailor-made to match the lines of the extended bags.  :2vrolijk_21:

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 06:10:24 AM »

to me I have a hot rod and a touring bike in one with the 13 CVO King.
[/quote]

sure is, looks great, the Swinebox will be a nice addition.

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 06:39:39 AM »

That Honey Badger is one Beautiful Bike also Hawg.

HJP

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »

Just traded my 2013 SERK on an 2014 Ultra Limited.  Less heat, buffeting more bells and whistles, holds way more luggage & stops faster.  Does not quite accelerate as fast.  Handling a toss up even with the increased weight of the limited.  Wow factor, love the new wheels, painted inner fairing and my color Dark gray & light silver.  Look at a new limited setting next to a cvo limited and ask yourself its how much more.   

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 05:31:09 PM »

Just traded my 2013 SERK on an 2014 Ultra Limited.  Less heat, buffeting more bells and whistles, holds way more luggage & stops faster.  Does not quite accelerate as fast.  Handling a toss up even with the increased weight of the limited.  Wow factor, love the new wheels, painted inner fairing and my color Dark gray & light silver.  Look at a new limited setting next to a cvo limited and ask yourself its how much more.   

Congratulations on your new Limited. I have the same bike except in Blue. Wonderful machine

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2013, 09:24:08 PM »

That Honey Badger is one Beautiful Bike also Hawg.

Thanks, T-Roy! I just spent the last two days riding the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, some of our beautiful North Georgia roads, and hanging out in Helen, GA today. Honey Badger badly needs a BATH! Rode about 600 miles over the last two days... "tuning up" for Maggie Valley!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Glenncarp

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 09:42:15 AM »

I want a new bike and have narrowed it down to these two. I can get a good deal on the 2013, but kinda dig the new technology.

Which would you choose and why?

I have a '11 SERGU and I was on a long ride when my exhaust bolt to the front cylinder came loose. I found a close HD shop and while they were repairing my bike. I saw the '14 limited. I had the sales manager show me the updates. and all I can say is "Wow". The double DIN radio alone is awesome. GPS in screen. With a headset and VOX mic you can speak to GPS and radio. If you are using sirrius/XM and you say "country" the radio switches to that genera of music. If using GPS and you say "1234 Mains St, Milwaukee" GPS adds that location. huge amp included, 6 speakers, but two on saddle bag are hidden in back. All backs have single latch and close as smooth as a Mercedes door. Gauges are now in radio for dumb ones, oil pressure and air temp, so gauge cluster is neat. Radio is finally Bluetooth and can read your text messages from your phone and you can reply using VOX too. They added height to the front forks and made the rear seat wider and the tour pack sleeker without taking away any room. Water cooled engine had same rumble as all the other engines and radiators are almost invisible. From all of the HD guys I spoke to they stated when the front vent on the windshield is open, the air flow is non existent at your face, one guy said he wore a base ball hat forward and when he closed the vent (push button on fairing) the hat blew off. To change the odometer selections, the button is now on the left grip, so no more leaning forward and taking a hand off the bars.

I am waiting until '15 to see if the Road Glide is as cool and if they make a CVO with all of the upgrades.

I was seriously impressed and now a little depressed about not having this new technology!

rayz1951

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 06:23:44 PM »

I just took home a 14 non cvo limited, amber whiskey/black, love the ride.  I can easily flat foot on pavement where on my 08 SEUC I had to scoot up on the seat to plant both feet on the ground.  Sure not as many bells and whistles or power, but a much more smoother ride, and not $40K+.  I'm still learning the infotainment system, but am very satisfied with the bike!

RayZ
RayZ

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 07:32:20 PM »

Had 2 road kings before my ultra and got real tired of always switching things back and forth all the time. The I had to safely store store all the shiny stuff when it was off the bike.  No stereo, only one gauge, and no lowers on 99% of them. Go for the ultimate Harley the Ultra. Be done with it. Will get one any way sooner or later. We all do eventually, right!!
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 08:15:53 PM »

If it were me spending your money I would buy the Road King.  But that's me spending your money.   :nervous:
Jesus is Lord

DJA

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2013, 09:09:57 PM »

This would be an easy choice for me. I like Technology too. I have worked in the tech field for over 40 years. Get the 14 and the touchscreen. The controls are all by wire now and less wear and tear. I like the batwings myself over the sharks. Just my thoughts
DJ
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 25 queries.