Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Oil migration  (Read 4750 times)

mark

Re: Oil migration
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 11:26:42 AM »

Does anyone have updated information on what the cure for this PIA HD failure is?  Fat clutch push rod, deflector kit, gasket, oil slinger, primary vent kit?  My brand new '19 SGS migrated 10 oz of oil from trans to primary between 1000 and 3,600 miles and then dropped down again to bottom of cross hatch on stick between 4,700 and 5,100 miles.  It has been sitting at the dealer for eight days now due to the MOCO being illogical about this trial and error B.S. of measuring oil, adding and subtracting oil and hoping it stops.  The problem in my situation is I am getting ready to leave on a 5K plus trip to the Midwest  from S. Diego and really can't accept that I will need to continuously monitor the trans oil level on a brand new 30K plus $$$ motorcycle.  Looking for recommendations because there is so much conflicting info about this condition on the internet.  The Svc Mgr thinks putting that wiper gasket over the end of the clutch push rod will remedy. Continuing to ride the bike without a remedy is unacceptable to me.
Does anyone have updated information on what the cure for this PIA HD failure is?  Yes, I do have a cure.  But, you're not going to want to hear the answer.  Quit buying from a manufacturer that continues to produces bikes with problems.  Several choices out there - BMW, Indian, the new Goldwing.       

glinkmeyer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 05:49:22 PM »

Does anyone have updated information on what the cure for this PIA HD failure is?  Fat clutch push rod, deflector kit, gasket, oil slinger, primary vent kit?  My brand new '19 SGS migrated 10 oz of oil from trans to primary between 1000 and 3,600 miles and then dropped down again to bottom of cross hatch on stick between 4,700 and 5,100 miles.  It has been sitting at the dealer for eight days now due to the MOCO being illogical about this trial and error B.S. of measuring oil, adding and subtracting oil and hoping it stops.  The problem in my situation is I am getting ready to leave on a 5K plus trip to the Midwest  from S. Diego and really can't accept that I will need to continuously monitor the trans oil level on a brand new 30K plus $$$ motorcycle.  Looking for recommendations because there is so much conflicting info about this condition on the internet.  The Svc Mgr thinks putting that wiper gasket over the end of the clutch push rod will remedy. Continuing to ride the bike without a remedy is unacceptable to me.
Everyone I know that has vented the primary has not had a problem of oil migration and that includes several Tri-Glides and they seem to have more trouble with them than us two wheelers. Even in 2017 they were venting them at the dealership I use.

flash1034

• CA

• CVO1: 2019 CVO Road Glide-Red Pepper
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2019, 05:33:40 PM »

Everyone I know that has vented the primary has not had a problem of oil migration and that includes several Tri-Glides and they seem to have more trouble with them than us two wheelers. Even in 2017 they were venting them at the dealership I use.

That sucks.  Hope they get you sorted out. 
2019 CVO Road Glide
Red Pepper/Magnetic Gray
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 26 queries.