Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: installed fxdse2 mirrors... WOW  (Read 10664 times)

kerdmann

• Prayer Works

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
Re: installed fxdse2 mirrors... WOW
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 04:35:03 PM »

My 08 only has about 600 miles on it. Winter weather set in. Tell me more about this crank issue. Does the dealer do this work under warranty? If not how much does it cost? Is it a big problem? What can I expect after the work is done?
I plan to put on a V&H big radius pipes during the summer. Should I wait till then?

maddog110

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 10:01:40 PM »

Get the pipes and a new tune. That alone will make it look, sound, and run way better.             Getting the crank done will make it way smoother, if its out of spec to start with.Its best to shoot for .01 and under, and replace at .03. Mine was .06, past the old spec but half the new-.13. I couldnt live with that . So I paid to have it fixed right. Seemed like the thing to do-and I really like it. My mirrors are rock solid at ALL speeds. People can say the Evo was the best motor made, but this bike is 10 times nicer than my Evo softtail, no comparison.IMO!

BBNITRO

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 04:25:13 PM »

thanks yellowted for info on mirrors as i just bought bike couple months ago the mirror shake on my 07 was insane installed 08 and im happy thanks again

firedawg24

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 10:29:18 PM »

HOLY FRIGGING CRAP! I cannot believe how much of a difference these made thanks for the info!!

Arwyn

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 03:55:08 PM »

Ok, I'm sold, going to run buy and buy a set for my 07 as well. I have the same issue, stock mirrors are a blurry mess due to the shake.

Arwyn

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 05:08:51 PM »

I did this just recently, and I will have to agree, the difference is night and day. Where the mirrors used to be a blurry useless mess at 70, I can now see, and they are pretty stable. HUGE improvement!

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 05:19:49 PM »

i can't stress how much i should have done this 2 years ago when the 08's came out.  they look great, sit a pinch lower so the post doesn't seem too bulky and DON'T vibrate anywhere as bad as before.  if i said they didn't move i would be lying but i will say a big improvement.  i endend up buying them as i am out of warranty and figured i could eat the $130.  I should have listened a long time ago to do this.

andrew

The mirrors really look good with that kickass paint.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 25 queries.