Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Limited

Rider Footboard extenders for 2018 FLHTKSE - recomedations

(1/4) > >>

VRODDAVE:
Hello,  I am looking for solutions to extend rider footboards.   In the past I have used the pingel spacer extenders on my flhtcse. They looked and felt good riding down the road.   

While cruising the internet I ran across some 2" brackets for older models, eliminating the need for spacers.

My question is, are there any extended footboard brackets available for the newer bikes that eliminate the need for spacers ?

Are the pingel extender spacers P/N 62149 the only option available? 

as always your feedback is appreciated

Dave

bigC:
I have used Vtwin Goodies floorboard extensions on my last 3 bikes. They do have the spacers you are trying to get away from. This is the first item I add to any new bike I get. Their website only shows fitment for bikes up to 2018. But I just bought a set for my 2020.

VRODDAVE:
Thanks for the feedback BigC.    I will check them out.

My major concern about the spacer extenders is that due to a previous crash I find myself having to mount the bike from the right side by standing on the floorboard and then swing in my leg.  My thinking was that a bracket is stronger than a bolt with spacer.   I guess I only have two choices, 1) to use the spacer extenders,  2) to lose weight.   Ha!

havenolife:
If the spacers brake that easy they are junk and a inferior product 

VRODDAVE:
Ha!    I don’t think it would be the spacers themselves that break, I think it would be the bolt that goes through the spacers that could snap, you know leverage etc. At least that was my thought I will probably go with the spacers and work on losing some weight ha ha Ha

Thanks again for the feedback

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version