Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Glad to have the ESP  (Read 16832 times)

TheDevilDawg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

Re: Glad to have the ESP
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2016, 10:40:30 PM »

Right On
Thanks
Air B & B for bikers only would be great

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2016, 07:15:44 AM »

I too am darn glad I had ESP to replace/rebuild the motors on my '07 and my '12 to the tune of $5k++.  They were H-D versions of the ESP.  On my 2017 CVO Limited I just purchased the Cornerstone Wheel & Tire for $325 for six years with no deductible.  Can't beat that price for sure. I'll decide on the mechanical ESP later as I have 34 months of factory warranty remaining.  If I do purchase and ESP I am almost certain it will be Cornerstone because of the significant savings. :2vrolijk_21:

When did Harley change from a 2 year (24 month) warranty to the longer one you speak of? 

Checked the owners manual of my 17 SESG and it only shows a 24 month unlimited milage warranty.  Same with my wife's 17 Road Glide Special.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2016, 08:52:34 AM »

When did Harley change from a 2 year (24 month) warranty to the longer one you speak of? 

Checked the owners manual of my 17 SESG and it only shows a 24 month unlimited milage warranty.  Same with my wife's 17 Road Glide Special.
Typo. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2016, 10:55:17 AM »

Jim (Metal Dragon) is replacing the rear head and base gasket on my bike right now, under the extended warranty.  Fortunately, for me, I did not pay for this one.  Buying the bike used from private party, the extended service agreement came with it (minus the $50 transfer fee).  Two rear tires, a cylinder head and base gasket....gettin pretty close to what ever he may have paid for that extended service agreement.  Anything over the next four years will be gain.   :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2016, 09:40:01 AM »

Do the dealers like doing work under the ESP?  Ie: do they make the same money as a cash customer?  Are they limited as to what repairs they can make? Or do they have cart blanche to fix it all?  And if you have the ESP, do they "find things" that need fixing?  Just my crooked ass mind thinking......
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2016, 11:45:59 AM »

Do the dealers like doing work under the ESP?  Ie: do they make the same money as a cash customer? Don't know, probably book rate on labor.

Are they limited as to what repairs they can make? Or do they have cart blanche to fix it all?  They fix what is covered.  That is limited, some parts are not covered.

And if you have the ESP, do they "find things" that need fixing?  Yes

Just my crooked ass mind thinking......

Have had 3 ESPs.  All 3 were a good investment, the best one was on my 2007 CVO Ultra.  Way ahead on that one, enough to pay for the next one +. On my 02 RK was a few hundred dollars ahead.  On my 2010, a few hundred ahead.  So far have had nothing turned down that is listed as covered by ESP that needed to be repaired. All repairs with HD parts, HD shops.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2016, 06:00:44 PM »

Do the dealers like doing work under the ESP?  Ie: do they make the same money as a cash customer?  Are they limited as to what repairs they can make? Or do they have cart blanche to fix it all?  And if you have the ESP, do they "find things" that need fixing?  Just my crooked ass mind thinking......
i have a 2009 CVO Road Glide and I had a inner primary seal leaking oil; the seal was covered under the ESP along with labor and I asked the tech to make sure the compensator was OK, since the original was still in the bike and Harley had come out with a redesign. When the the repair was complete I left with a new compensator and other parts to go along with the seal replacement. I certainly wasn't complaining.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2016, 11:58:37 AM »

From the ESP claims I've had (and they have been many including two motors) ESP pays the full H-D list price for parts and labor.  Only thing I do not know is how the labor is calculated - H-D flat rate I would imagine.  Now that is a bit lower than my dealer charges at retail as I questioned a service writer several years ago asking did they use the H-D flat rate time.  He said yes but they add a 25% increase to what H-D allows.  Ouch!  I guess that's so they can say their hourly rate is 'only' $91 when in effect it is $91 x 125% or $113.75, and oh yeah don't forget the 5% add on for 'shop supplies' which makes the full rate a total of $119.45 (plus 9.25% sales tax).

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2016, 08:09:53 PM »

From the ESP claims I've had (and they have been many including two motors) ESP pays the full H-D list price for parts and labor.  Only thing I do not know is how the labor is calculated - H-D flat rate I would imagine.  Now that is a bit lower than my dealer charges at retail as I questioned a service writer several years ago asking did they use the H-D flat rate time.  He said yes but they add a 25% increase to what H-D allows.  Ouch!  I guess that's so they can say their hourly rate is 'only' $91 when in effect it is $91 x 125% or $113.75, and oh yeah don't forget the 5% add on for 'shop supplies' which makes the full rate a total of $119.45 (plus 9.25% sales tax).
Something to keep in mind about sales tax, they merely collect it for the various goobermint agencies that tell them too. They don't see any profit from sales tax.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 20 queries.