Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Royal Blue vs. S100 Paste Wax  (Read 6946 times)

JQCVO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
Royal Blue vs. S100 Paste Wax
« on: November 29, 2014, 07:08:01 PM »

I'm curious to hear from anyone who has used both of these products.
I keep seeing rave reviews about Royal Blue on this forum. I'm going to the NY Motorcycle show next month and plan on picking some up as I believe they have a demo booth there.
When I'm not looking for anything with a cleaning agent, I use S100 as it is pure Brazilian number 1 carnauba and beeswax and is super easy to use. It leaves no residue ((plastic, etc) and leaves a very nice shine.
If you've used both, how do they compare?

mark

Re: Royal Blue vs. S100 Paste Wax
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 12:39:06 PM »

You said you're not looking for anything with a cleaning agent - Royal Blue is carnauba with a cleaner added.

JQCVO

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 01:51:02 PM »

Your point is a good one. Royal Blue has a cleaning agent while S100 does not. So, it's not apples to apples.
Putting the cleaning agent aspect aside, for those who've used both, which is better in terms of:
1) Gloss/shine
2)Ease of use
I can't imagine anything being easier or much better than S100, but everyone on here seems to rave about RB. So, I'm curious.

ultrarider123

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 02:00:34 PM »

I have both in my garage cleaning arsenal.  I like them both but for different reasons.  The S100 is a good wax and puts a great, long lasting shine on the bike.  Down side is it's a bit messier with the wax dust when you remove it.

The Royal Blue goes on easy, you remove it before it dries and that cuts down on the extra dusting plus it can put a better shine on the bike.  I've found it can reduce the number of swirl marks on a bike.  Not that I have many but you do get some from time to time.  I've noticed that the Royal Blue doesn't seem to last as long between washings as the S100.

Either way you go is really not the wrong way IMO
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:23:37 PM by Haird »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 02:03:14 PM »

Have used both.  Used the S100 for years and always keep going back to it after trying the next great thing. 

Both go on easy and wipe off easy.  Both leave a good shine.  S100 lasts longer and holds up better between washings in my experience.  I just keep on using the S100.

JQCVO

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 01:35:45 PM »

Haird/TwoLaneRider,
Thanks - exactly the info that I was looking for.
 I'm going to pick up some RB next week at the NY Motorcycle show. I'll add it to the 15 other waxes and polishes I have on the shelf!
I love S100 for the bikes because they never really require a wax with cleaner. It's either a full wash or detail spray after I use them.
The RB is good to have if I think something (bikes or cars) require something more.
JQCVO

JQCVO

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 07:01:37 PM »

Went to the NY Motorcycle Show yesterday and picked up a bottle of Royal Blue. I got to work with it this afternoon, working on the bikes.

Here's my summary between S100 and Royal Blue:

1. Ease of use - winner: S100. They are both very easy, but S100 comes off with a bit less effort. Also, RB has a blue color that can get in crevices and stuff which you can see if you aren't careful. S100 is a clear wax that you can't see very much at all.

2.Shine - winner: Tie. They are both excellent. If you put a gun to my head I'd say slight edge to Royal Blue.

3. Cleaning ability - winner: Royal Blue. It's non-abrasive, but has a cleaning agent which can be helpful if you need that.

4. Paint correction - winner: Royal Blue. Royal Blue can take out minor swirls and does a great job of fixing stuff in the paint. Very effective.

5. Longevity - time will tell, but I may never know. The bikes always have wax on them.

Final Thoughts:
All things considered, I would give the edge to Royal Blue. It accomplishes more with the same level of effort. S100 is a pure wax. It's great if you have no other need than a quick coat of wax. If you need a cleaner that will correct stuff while you work and also provides a great shine, RB is the way to go.

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 07:54:20 PM »

As far as longevity goes, they claim RB lasts 6 months. If not you could always use a coat of RB first to hide minor imperfections then top it off with a coat of your favorite S100 to make it last longer ... best of both worlds.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 07:44:27 PM »

You are not comparing two similar products. One is a everyman cleaner wax, that is old school, leaves visible residue and removes base (paint) if rubbed hard enough, cleaner is abrasive although a minor abrasive. S100 is a carnuba wax, does not clean, leaves very little if any residual evidence, it is only a protective substance that enhances gloss.
Not sure what your point was in comparing these two, seems to me a waste of time.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 10:18:53 PM »

You are not comparing two similar products. One is a everyman cleaner wax, that is old school, leaves visible residue and removes base (paint) if rubbed hard enough, cleaner is abrasive although a minor abrasive. S100 is a carnuba wax, does not clean, leaves very little if any residual evidence, it is only a protective substance that enhances gloss.
Not sure what your point was in comparing these two, seems to me a waste of time.

And if every thread that someone thought might not be on point were tossed off we'd have just enough threads to make for pasties on Naitram's nipples....

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 10:49:23 PM »

And if every thread that someone thought might not be on point were tossed off we'd have just enough threads to make for pasties on Naitram's nipples....

Tru dat!
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 11:32:25 PM »

thanks for the report. really thinking about trying RB. think I will take my bike down to haird and let him show me  6-7 times on proper application.

ultrarider123

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 07:29:11 AM »

thanks for the report. really thinking about trying RB. think I will take my bike down to haird and let him show me  6-7 times on proper application.

Bring her on....we'll polish till the cows come home....

ultrarider123

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 07:32:49 AM »

So, tell us what your really think, Don.... ;D

I believe if you read the first three posts to this thread, your fears that this thread is a waste of time will be bedded back down.  The OP understands the difference, just wanted some clarification and info on folks that have or still use both.   :2vrolijk_21:

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 09:13:58 AM »

The Royal Blue quick detailer is a god send! 10 minutes..... DONE!!! Less time cleaning, more time riding!
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

Page created in 0.323 seconds with 22 queries.