Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: relocate stock 2009 CUSE4 radio amp?  (Read 1358 times)

Boss Man

relocate stock 2009 CUSE4 radio amp?
« on: April 15, 2009, 02:02:53 PM »

Maybe someone has tried this or can tell me why it won't work. I'd like to relocate the stock radio amp in my 09 CUSE4 to inside the fairing. Maybe its too big or would give off too much heat... I don't know. If it can be done it would have some advantages one of them saving some cash! I like the sound the stock system produces and I have other areas I want to spend the cash I would spend on an aftermarket system.   

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
Re: relocate stock 2009 CUSE4 radio amp?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 10:17:57 PM »

The local dealer winds harness up and removes cb and puts harness and amp on radio so if he ever puts back to stock the wireing harness wasn't chopped up. Ride safe JDO

johna

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 10:25:13 PM »

The local dealer winds harness up and removes cb and puts harness and amp on radio so if he ever puts back to stock the wireing harness wasn't chopped up. Ride safe JDO
Can this be done without removing the CB are there any heat issues?

Thanks

johna

Boss Man

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 10:37:29 PM »

Not too sure I understand you.

I have seen the amp located under the tour pac. Relocating it to under the fairing along with the harness is all I want to do. Probably would have to shorten the amp harness. A couple of speaker wires for the rear speakers is all I need for the tour pac speakers. They may already be separate from the amp harness. I figured the CB is not associated with this move.

If I can do this I can remove the tour pac and still have all of the audio without buying anything. I am happy with the stock CUSE4 sound the way it is.   

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRU
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC - SOLD
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 08:36:58 AM »

I would think the amp is way to big for putting behind the fairing.  I went with the Hawg Wired plug and play, amp sits on top of the radio.  Has better fidelity then the HD amp.   

sleepybare

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ULTRA
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 11:15:44 AM »

A few of the guys I ride with have relocated their amp to a couple of places. One is inside your saddlebags and the other is on the interior side of your saddle bag between you saddle bag and wheel. There was a shop in Agoura, CA. called Mad Dog Cycles which make a kit for the relocation of the unit but I have not heard much about them lately

Boss Man

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 12:17:18 PM »

Thanks for the thoughts. It appeared to me the amp was a little large to place inside the fairing. Even if it could be squeezed in it would have to have its own support system. I doubt resting it on the radio would be a good idea. I wondered if anyone had gotten away with relocating it to under the fairing. I really don't want space inside the bags taken up by the amp. Mounting it on the back of one of the bags is an idea but I doubt I'd do it.

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 07:50:43 AM »

I would be careful placing the amp in a closed location as heat build up may become an issue.

Jim
Ride It Like You Are Retired

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.