Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Furniture store info available............versus Harley Davidson  (Read 1159 times)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member

:-\
In recent past years,  it seems to me that I and my wife went to some furniture stores seeking new couchs/sofas,  etc. and once you picked out a style, they could pull it up on the computer and via a "click" or two..........change the colors,  etc.  so you had a good visual of just how that sofa in different colors/patterns might look for you.

I find it (at this point in our ever-increasing tech world) somewhat astounding that Harley cannot seem to do a somewhat similar scenario.

With the right software expertise/talent,  it would seem that Harley could develop a program where you could pull up a picture of your Harley......given model/year.........and be able to "click" and change the bike color......and click again and add accessories (via part numbers) so you could see a simulated view of just how your bike might look with x/y/z accessories.

I would think a software source like this could vastly improve Harleys parts/accessories sales as one could determine quickly via picture just how that (add on) part/accessory might look.

I'm thinking this could be done...............

Likewise,  (Inhouse...........but not online),  another potential way to increase sales and get more business would be to have a (mock up) or two of a tour model........(maybe other models too) with a quickly detachable handlebar setup.  This could allow riders to attach different height (ape hanger/pull back) bars and get a "hands on" feeling of just which/what bars might best fit them.

:nixweiss: 

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Furniture store info available............versus Harley Davidson
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 07:19:51 PM »

That is somewhat available already.... visit Harley-Davidson.com, click on 2014 models (Ultra-Limited for instance), then Parts & Customization, then build your bike. Unfortunately this is not available on CVO's... but it is available on (some) base models. :-\

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 11:53:46 PM »

HD does have dummy bikes in some dealerships where customers can try out different handle bars and seats.  Dealerships in Loma Linda, Glendale, and Gilroy, CA, have them.  Unfortunately, the dummy bikes I've seen are always Softails.

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 07:32:43 AM »

a "virtual" customization program for EVERY bike they sell is completely do-able, and it would be a good marketing tool.  But HD will only "achieve" what is necessary, not what is possible, and as long as the Board of Directors is still laughing all the way to the bank, the obvious will prevail.

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

Hx2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FHTCUSE6 Blue
    • CVO2: FLHRSE5 AE
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 08:00:50 AM »

This thought goes hand in hand with ordering a Harley customized the way you want it.  I am hoping that the increased competition from Indian drives Harley down the path of custom ordering. Seems The MOCO is stuck in the past at this time.
13 FLHRSE5 AE
11.5 FLHTCUSE6

WildWes72

• Git-R-Done....
  • Full CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: CVO Breakout
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 09:39:44 PM »

We are comparing apples to oranges, it would be nice to have all the configurations at our fingertips in house. But it would cost us in the long run. Moco has came a long way in the last five years. I'm just hoping they don't fall victim, such as Ford, GM, Chrysler. When we request them step up and give us more, they will at the expense to us in our wallet.

We can't push them too fast to keep up with the Jones's, we as consumers need to educate ourselves on products we buy.

It's nice sometime to go the dealership and you sit down with a knowledgeable sales guy's and he pull out a brochure and goes the the features and you pick out the color. Then you can walk away, close you eyes and visually see your butt sitting on that CVO, instead of him turning around that computer monitor and asking you to sign.         
2014 CVO Breakout, Sedona
V&H 2-into-2 BCM Baffels
High Comp 10.5: 259 cam
Dynojet PV/Autotune Pro

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 25 queries.