Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: TCnBham,Diva, & REGGAB come to Memphis  (Read 13081 times)

REGGAB

Re: TCnBham,Diva, & REGGAB come to Memphis
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2007, 08:16:59 AM »

Terry, Jerry, and Mark.  Mark's banana is SHARP.  Love that bike.  He has one of those blue LEDs on the rear of his bike.  Looks really awesome and provides extra visibility.  I had to have one.  I asked him about it, and he said he got it at Bumpus of Memphis.  So when we got there, I was picking up a brake disk lock and asked a lady behind the parts counter if she had one.  She said she did, but it was spoken for.  No problem.  I continued my transaction.  Another gentleman comes up to her and asked who it was for.  She said it was for Jerry.  Well, he's standing about 15 feet away from me, so I begged him to let me buy it.  Thanks Jerry.  Now I have a reason to spend some quality time in the garage when I get home........as if I need to do that.   ;D

REGGAB

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2007, 08:19:23 AM »

The scoots and the guys at Corky's BBQ.

REGGAB

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2007, 08:20:28 AM »

The gang at Corky's

REGGAB

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2007, 08:23:58 AM »

Here's one after John and Debbie joined us.  What a great picture of a group of awesome folks.  Thanks for showing me a great time in Memphis.  Wasn't able to link up with my Aunt and Uncle as their oldest daughter........who also in Huntsville......was in town.  I was able to visit with them on the phone when I got back to the hotel.

REGGAB

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2007, 08:26:31 AM »

Left at 0550 the next morning with a final destination of Springfield, MO.  Stopped in Rogers, AR to visit some family friends with whom Renea and I did some Boxer dog rescue work over the past 10 years.  Here is a picture of Chulo.  He's a great Boxer gentleman.

REGGAB

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2007, 08:28:16 AM »

Here's one of a great Boxer lady named Kewpi.

REGGAB

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2007, 08:31:24 AM »

At 1430, I met with Hobo, Hobo's GF, Scooterhair's wife, Scooterhair and Don at Pig Trail HD in Roger's, AR.  We consumed a few barley pops........I only had one.......and worked out our plans for the remainder of the afternoon.

REGGAB

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2007, 08:33:09 AM »

The scoots and the gentlemen.

REGGAB

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2007, 08:53:02 AM »

Last one for now.  This is one of my favorite pictures.  I have no idea what the name of this little place is.  It is in Eureka Springs, AR.  What a great looking group.  We had some great conversation, munched on some appetizers to tide us over until we got to Lambert's Cafe in Ozark, MO, and consumed some barley pop.....OK, I had more than one ;D.  I don't think I've laughed so hard or had a better time in at least two years.  I'm beginning to realize that all this working and going to school is making me a very dull, bitter, intense, irritable, gouchy, mean, cranky, lifeless, stressed out, bummed out, and generally "unfun" sonofabeotch.   ;D  I need to get out more often.  I am having such a great time.  It was at this point that my camera battery petered out.  We went across the street to another little barley pop joint with some kind of world famous bathroom.  I left my mark (dollar bill that Scooter gave me on which I wrote "Bagger from Bama was here" and tacked it to the ceiling along with all the others.  Look for it if you visit.  I think the place is called............The Bathroom.  Then we traveled to Ozark, MO and pigged out on some Throwed Rolls.  I was so stuffed and tired I could barely keep my eyes open for the ride to the hotel just up US 65.  After we ate, we all donned rain gear and parted ways.  I scooted up to the Chestnut Expressway and spent the night at the Hampton Inn, which is where I am right now as I write this.

That's it for now.  There were plenty of beer spewing quips...........too many to recall right now.  If they come to mind, I'll post them.  Plenty left on this trip.  Still have to get to Ft. Riley today.  Looks like it is going to be a wet ride.  WORK starts tomorrow.  I have to work on a school assignment this morning and get it emailed to my professor.  Then I'm packing up and hitting the road.......but, in the interest of healing..........you are witness to the fact that I took care of the important business first, and that is to keep my CVO brothers and sisters informed that there really is no better way to live than to travel great distances to visit with each other and enjoy life, but you already know that.  I need to practice what I preach.  Until later, I hope everyone has a great week.  God Bless!!!!!

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2007, 10:05:51 AM »

Henry,
   I was wondering if you had already left town yet. Its 0830 her and it is still raining like crazy. I had a hard time seeing while driving to work in the truck, I wouldn't like being on the scooter out in this right now. Hopefully it will let up shortly. The front looks like it is moving directly east and you might run out of it 50 or so miles north of Springfield.
   Anyway, it was great to meet you yesterday. We all had a lot of fun. You be careful today, hopefully you will run out of the rain shortly after leaving Spfd. One of these days we will get down to your part of the country and you can show us around. I will post a couple of pics later. I forgot my camera, but Steph had hers and she will drop it off later so i can downlload. By the way, you got one good lookin' motorcycle, :cucumber:  kinda makes me start to think----hmmm  ::)---new motercycle------no wait, I gotta get to work now. See ya.

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

REGGAB

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2007, 10:27:23 AM »

Henry,
   I was wondering if you had already left town yet. Its 0830 her and it is still raining like crazy. I had a hard time seeing while driving to work in the truck, I wouldn't like being on the scooter out in this right now. Hopefully it will let up shortly. The front looks like it is moving directly east and you might run out of it 50 or so miles north of Springfield.
   Anyway, it was great to meet you yesterday. We all had a lot of fun. You be careful today, hopefully you will run out of the rain shortly after leaving Spfd. One of these days we will get down to your part of the country and you can show us around. I will post a couple of pics later. I forgot my camera, but Steph had hers and she will drop it off later so i can downlload. By the way, you got one good lookin' motorcycle, :cucumber:  kinda makes me start to think----hmmm  ::)---new motercycle------no wait, I gotta get to work now. See ya.

Hobo

Howdy Cary,
It is 0922 right now, and I'm still here.  I've finished everything I need to do for now, so I'm about to shutdown this machine, pack up and hit the road.  I'm keeping an eye on the weather.  You're right.  It'll be tough for about 40-50 miles, but I'll get through it.
Certainly enjoyed meeting you yesterday.  Yeah, I'm kinda lovin' my melon, BUT.............I love the SERGs.  I'd like to have one as a second bike in 3 tone red.  Not too sure I want anything new from MOCO again.  Too many headaches to get this one right.
Take care and have a great day.

Henry

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2007, 10:36:48 AM »

Nice to see you !  :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks for sharing !

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

harleydiva

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2007, 12:08:21 PM »

Mark, Jerry, J. Carolyn, Diva's butt ;D, and Terry.

Henry, this picture DOES make my butt look big.   ;D   or maybe it's the Digger jeans.  ;)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2007, 12:27:31 PM »

Henry, it was a super day yesterday.  All the credit is yours for giving us an opportunity to get together.  Or it was Scooter's and Hobo's for leading us back to Lamberts.  Or it was drunk chick's for being so damned funny.  Or it was.....   ah hell; who cares. We had a good time.

Safe ride to Riley.  I had only light to moderate showers on the trip home last night punctuated with the last 10 miles or so right in the middle of what had to be a super cell.  It was normal highway speeds until that last little bit.  But then, oh momma! 

Made it in fine though.  Had to find the switch to deploy the bike's water wings.  And wo baby is that a dirty bike right now.  But it was a great afternoon's ride.  Really had fun.  Thanks again for making the detour to make it all possible.

Scooterhair

• Senior CVO Member
  • DSP Member # 637.3
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2007, 01:24:40 PM »

Henry we had a blast. It was great to meet you and hear about your travels. Things like this make the world just a little smaller place. We will be sure to plan a trip down that way for sure, and thanks for the invite.

I sure hope your dry by the time you read this. Since you left a little later it looks like you missed most of the rain.

Take care, ride safe.

Scooter  :coolblue:
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
2008 1500 RAM 4x4
2001 Blue FLTRSEI2
2003 Neosho trailer painted to match bike
1999 Blue Ness custom ( SOLD )
1997 Black & Champagne Wide Glide (The Wife's)
Big Ass 21' Dodge 3500
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 22 queries.