Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: TCnBham,Diva, & REGGAB come to Memphis  (Read 13126 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: TCnBham,Diva, & REGGAB come to Memphis
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2007, 10:10:07 PM »

Well folks, I made it! 

Congratulations on another great ride in the books.  If you end up having to go on to Newport News that'll be quite a trip when you're done.  Check the back tire.  Have more fun.  Ride Safe.  And have more fun!

REGGAB

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2007, 11:13:22 PM »

Congratulations on another great ride in the books.  If you end up having to go on to Newport News that'll be quite a trip when you're done.  Check the back tire.  Have more fun.  Ride Safe.  And have more fun!

Yessir, and just yesterday you and I were speaking of opening the cam case at 15K to check tensioners.  That'll probably happen when I get home if I end up going by way of the Hampton Roads area.  I don't have exact numbers, and the scoot is clean as a whistle, covered, and I don't want to walk back out there again but numbers so far are some 320 miles for today, 1100 and change so far for the trip, and 13100 and change total for the scooter.  I could "probably" make it home on the current back tire, BUT there is 1/32" of tread left above the wear bars, so that tire I asked to have reserved for me will go on this Thursday.  I aint taking NO chances on tires.  I should know by midweek if I'm headed to Newport News, so we'll hold off setting up any CVO meetings until some of this fluidity runs off.  Either way, I wanna meet more of you.  It's been WAY AWESOME so far..............but first, there is much work to be done here.

Don, so you went through a real "toad strangler," or was it a "turd floater, or perhaps a "gully washer?"  I dunno...........maybe Scooter will chime in here with his unique terminology describing the outcome of bad clouds.  Anyway, glad you made it home safe.  I guess I'm weird............I'm beginning to like riding in the rain.  If someone had asked me two days ago, my reply would have been "well, I can and will if I have to, but I'm not gonna hunt it down.  It is a challenge.........gives me the opportunity to really concentrate on proper riding skills.........which is something I should be doing constantly, but the rain serves to further enhance that requirement.  I had a BLAST...........and it aint over yet.

Wonder if we can get naitram to change the startup sound of this website to Goat Girl's laugh?  ;D ;D  And if we're gonna do that, then we need to get a picture of Scooter and the DC on the custom choppa when she knocks him upside the head the next time he downshifts two gears and runs up to 130.  That'd be KEWL!  ;D

And remember folks...........only ONE beer!  ;)

HML

REGGAB

« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2007, 11:41:17 PM »

Nice to see you !  :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks for sharing !

Jacques

You're welcome Jacques.  You should join us.

REGGAB

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2007, 11:43:09 PM »

Henry, this picture DOES make my butt look big.   ;D   or maybe it's the Digger jeans.  ;)

I don't think so.  Nope.  Not at all.  Great picture!   ;D  You look absolutely stunning!  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2007, 11:51:18 PM »

Henry, it was a super day yesterday.  All the credit is yours for giving us an opportunity to get together.  Or it was Scooter's and Hobo's for leading us back to Lamberts.  Or it was drunk chick's for being so damned funny.  Or it was.....   ah hell; who cares. We had a good time.

Safe ride to Riley.  I had only light to moderate showers on the trip home last night punctuated with the last 10 miles or so right in the middle of what had to be a super cell.  It was normal highway speeds until that last little bit.  But then, oh momma! 

Made it in fine though.  Had to find the switch to deploy the bike's water wings.  And wo baby is that a dirty bike right now.  But it was a great afternoon's ride.  Really had fun.  Thanks again for making the detour to make it all possible.

I take the credit for having a requirement to be somewhere to do my job, deciding to get there on the scooter and asking who wants to get together.  Scooter and Hobo get big Kudos for great navigation.  You, Scooter, DC and the Goat Girl get the credit for keeping us stitched up laughing.  I about died when Steph told the story of getting her panties signed.  Drunk Chick gets the credit for promoting biker awareness to the general public from her unusal BSR position since she normally rides her own pony.  But like you said, Don.........we had an awesome time, so who the f^#k cares.  ;D

I know............you went through a "pig washing" last night.............so why was your scooter so dirty?   ;D ;D ;D

REGGAB

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2007, 11:55:31 PM »

Henry we had a blast. It was great to meet you and hear about your travels. Things like this make the world just a little smaller place. We will be sure to plan a trip down that way for sure, and thanks for the invite.

I sure hope your dry by the time you read this. Since you left a little later it looks like you missed most of the rain.

Take care, ride safe.

Scooter  :coolblue:

Scooter, Brother, you're a friggin' riot :2vrolijk_21: :pineapple: :mango:.  You and the DC kept me in stitches.  Really great to meet you guys.  Had an awesome time.  The invite stands......anytime.  Tell us when your ten miles out so we have some reaction time to clean the outhouse real good and get a fresh Sears and Roebuck catalog in there for ya.

High and dry, Bro.  See ya soon.

REGGAB

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2007, 11:57:54 PM »

Hey Scooter..........remind me that I gotta find that picture of Renea when I duct taped her to the chair when she got her back tattoo.  The Girl wouldn't stop flopping around.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 12:20:40 AM by REGGAB »

REGGAB

« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2007, 12:00:32 AM »

Jerry, thanks to you and JCarolyn for your hospitality.   :)   We really enjoyed our visit.   :2vrolijk_21:

Speaking of Highway 78, I recall your mentioning to Terry at breakfast that it would shake our teeth out. 

I'll second that, Jerry and J. Carolyn.  You have a very beautiful home, and I very much appreciate your hospitality.  Never have a Modelo before.  Very good beer.  Need to pick some up at the Class VI store.  It was an honor and a pleasure to finally meet you both.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2007, 12:13:57 AM »

Don, so you went through a real "toad strangler," or was it a "turd floater, or perhaps a "gully washer?"  I dunno...........maybe Scooter will chime in here with his unique terminology describing the outcome of bad clouds.  Anyway, glad you made it home safe.  I guess I'm weird............I'm beginning to like riding in the rain. 

Henry, I didn't know how much of a turd surfer it was until about 10 minutes ago.  My sis was on the phone and said something like "you rode through THAT."  While I knew I got stuck the last few miles in quite a storm I didn't know it was THAT bad.

From Ozark across the James River Bypass to I-44 was the same weather we had at Lamberts.  So no big deal.  The bike doesn't really know, the tires were good, and I was geared up.  So it was just weather.  At night.  But just a little weather. 

Got to I-44 and it actually let up some.  Anything from light showers to only sprinkles for 50 miles.  Going 75 was no problem.  Used every bit of normal highway speed that felt safe as I could see a huge cell of lightning off in the distance that I could tell was still the other side of Joplin.  Wanted to beat that sucker home.

About 15 miles outside of town it caught up with me.  Turd surfing frog floating underwear drenching torrential rains of motorbiblical proportions it certainly seemed.  So, you might say, it was raining.  When I got in to town noticed that a few streets that I'd never seen actually retain water and make rivers within were doing just that.  But still didn't take it for more than a hard rain.

Then just looked at the NOAA reporting for last night after my sis's comments.  Nailed chickens!!  At 10:30, which is just when I hit, began a one hour period with well over 2.25" of rainfall.  High winds to boot.  Lightning.  What a mess.  Nearly 11" reported during a six hour stretch.  The bike did swim through some streets in town the last few blocks to make it home.  But hey, the bottom of the bike is now really clean  :2vrolijk_21: .

REGGAB

« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2007, 12:18:07 AM »

Henry, it was great to see you again.   :2vrolijk_21:   The mother hen in me worried that you would run into bad weather heading west.  So glad that you are safe and that you met up with some other amigos.

Happy and Safe Trails,

Suzanne

Suzanne, as always, it is great to see you and Terry whenever we can.  Renea and I very much appreciate your offer to visit when we take Stef back to UAB Children's Hospital to have her exfix removed.  We'll give you a call when we have a surgery date.  I understand the "mother hen" thing.  I was trying to concentrate on riding in the suck today and every ten minutes Renea was buzzing me on Nextel Direct Connect.  I was sooooooooooo glad when I got out on MO 13, US 54 and parts of US 69 (THE number) where there was no connectivity.  Speaking of no connectivity..........oh, this is good.  Didn't have much connectivity yesterday at all.  I know Renea was worried sick, since she is a bigtime mother hen.  We stopped somewhere in northern Arkansas to pay the last of the rent on the beer.  My Nextel phone has no connectivity, nor does my T-Mobile phone.  So Scooter, who has five bars, punches my home number into his phone.  Stef answers.  She asks who was calling.  Scooter says "Can I talk to your Mom."  Stef asks who it was, so he says "Scooter!"  "Tell her your Dad just laid his bike down with a stripper on the back.  ACK!  Gimmee the phone Scooter.  Stef, it's me, Daddy, he's joking............but don't let on to Mom, 'cause we're gonna get her later.  I guess she was out tending her garden.  Stef starts laughing and agrees.  So we get to Lamberts, and I'm just about in Hypoglycemic shock by now.  HUNGRY!  I call Renea, she answers, Scooter blurts out "hey ask him about that stripper on the back of his bike.  I could see Renea's eyes popping out of the cell phone.  Too funny.  Guess you had to be there.

REGGAB

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2007, 12:26:27 AM »

Henry, I didn't know how much of a turd surfer it was until about 10 minutes ago.  My sis was on the phone and said something like "you rode through THAT."  While I knew I got stuck the last few miles in quite a storm I didn't know it was THAT bad.

From Ozark across the James River Bypass to I-44 was the same weather we had at Lamberts.  So no big deal.  The bike doesn't really know, the tires were good, and I was geared up.  So it was just weather.  At night.  But just a little weather. 

Got to I-44 and it actually let up some.  Anything from light showers to only sprinkles for 50 miles.  Going 75 was no problem.  Used every bit of normal highway speed that felt safe as I could see a huge cell of lightning off in the distance that I could tell was still the other side of Joplin.  Wanted to beat that sucker home.

About 15 miles outside of town it caught up with me.  Turd surfing frog floating underwear drenching torrential rains of motorbiblical proportions it certainly seemed.  So, you might say, it was raining.  When I got in to town noticed that a few streets that I'd never seen actually retain water and make rivers within were doing just that.  But still didn't take it for more than a hard rain.

Then just looked at the NOAA reporting for last night after my sis's comments.  Nailed chickens!!  At 10:30, which is just when I hit, began a one hour period with well over 2.25" of rainfall.  High winds to boot.  Lightning.  What a mess.  Nearly 11" reported during a six hour stretch.  The bike did swim through some streets in town the last few blocks to make it home.  But hey, the bottom of the bike is now really clean  :2vrolijk_21: .

Now I'm gonna be laughing all night again!  That was a great one, Don!   :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2007, 12:36:45 AM »

Now I'm gonna be laughing all night again!  That was a great one, Don!   :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

:pineapple: :2vrolijk_21: :pineapple:

REGGAB

« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2007, 01:02:57 AM »

Yes it was most enjoyable. Henry, Terry and Diva, I am so glad you came through Memphis and we were able to get together. Debbie & John, Jerry & J Carolyn it is always a pleasure, good day for all.
Thanks for sharing these pictures, Mark.  It was an honor and pleasure to meet you.  I hope we can do this again soon.  Too much fun! :mango: :mango:

harleydiva

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2007, 08:08:49 AM »

I don't think so.  Nope.  Not at all.  Great picture!   ;D  You look absolutely stunning!  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

You are so full of it.   ;D

harleydiva

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2007, 08:11:22 AM »

Suzanne, as always, it is great to see you and Terry whenever we can.  Renea and I very much appreciate your offer to visit when we take Stef back to UAB Children's Hospital to have her exfix removed.  We'll give you a call when we have a surgery date.  I understand the "mother hen" thing.  I was trying to concentrate on riding in the suck today and every ten minutes Renea was buzzing me on Nextel Direct Connect.  I was sooooooooooo glad when I got out on MO 13, US 54 and parts of US 69 (THE number) where there was no connectivity.  Speaking of no connectivity..........oh, this is good.  Didn't have much connectivity yesterday at all.  I know Renea was worried sick, since she is a bigtime mother hen.  We stopped somewhere in northern Arkansas to pay the last of the rent on the beer.  My Nextel phone has no connectivity, nor does my T-Mobile phone.  So Scooter, who has five bars, punches my home number into his phone.  Stef answers.  She asks who was calling.  Scooter says "Can I talk to your Mom."  Stef asks who it was, so he says "Scooter!"  "Tell her your Dad just laid his bike down with a stripper on the back.  ACK!  Gimmee the phone Scooter.  Stef, it's me, Daddy, he's joking............but don't let on to Mom, 'cause we're gonna get her later.  I guess she was out tending her garden.  Stef starts laughing and agrees.  So we get to Lamberts, and I'm just about in Hypoglycemic shock by now.  HUNGRY!  I call Renea, she answers, Scooter blurts out "hey ask him about that stripper on the back of his bike.  I could see Renea's eyes popping out of the cell phone.  Too funny.  Guess you had to be there.

Happy, safe and dry trails
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 22 queries.