Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: We're off to the Big Apple...  (Read 980 times)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
We're off to the Big Apple...
« on: July 18, 2009, 11:31:30 AM »

... and hope to report back soon with a great report on a short but fantastic trip to New York.

My wife is leaving her Ultra in the garage and taking her custom Fab Four bike on this trip.    Read on...

Here's where it gets interesting... After years of trying to get tickets, we're finally off to New York to see the Late Show with David Letterman show, we figured while we're there why not try to catch Paul McCartney's last show in New York on Tuesday at Citi Field in Flushing, NY.  At a minimum we'll be hanging around the stadium early in the afternoon in an attempt to get into the band's sound check.  And if we are extremely lucky and get to the right person, maybe, just maybe Paul will autograph her custom Harley for her.  Now that is a tall order, but would be super cool if we could pull this off.

I'm trying every which way I can think of to get in touch with the right people, to make this little Yorkshire Lass a very happy girl.  You know what they say, "it's not what you know, but who you know!"

Wish me luck!

Being raised in Yorkshire, England prior to moving to southern Ontario she has always been a huge Beatle fan.  So, when she wanted to customize a bike this is what happened.  Here are a couple of pictures of Marlene's very cool bike for your perusal.  One side of the tank is painted with The Beatles first album (Meet The Beatles) and the other is from their last one (Let It Be).  The music notes to "Ticket to Ride" painted on the front fender and running all throughout the bike are from the song's actual sheet music and the 45 painted on the breather is of course "The Long & Winding Road".    There's also a painting of the group on the back of the front fender (shown) and on the rear fender a Shea Stadium ticket from back in 1965 when the price was $5.45 for admission. The rear fender also has a painting of our four kids with the inscription "My Fab Four".
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 01:56:10 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

Re: We're off to the Big Apple...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 11:32:06 AM »

and the other side

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 01:59:24 PM »

... After all, we now know that Paul is willing to sign body parts

http://www.q107.com/Blogs/Wilderatwork/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10042668

So why not have a music icon sign on an American icon?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 07:11:25 PM by Grizzly »

charlie

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 05:30:58 PM »

That is one of the coolest bikes that I've seen in some time.

casper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »

Very cool custom, also a neet theme I was born in Liverpool, but have only been there 2-3 times in the last 46 years, left there on a boat for NY in 1963. I hope that you can get that signed for her that would be very cool.

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries.