Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Cabo San Lucas Baja Sur, Mexico and back  (Read 19655 times)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
Re: Cabo San Lucas Baja Sur, Mexico and back
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2010, 10:04:28 AM »

Catching on for Duke since I was out of town

Feb 4

We made it to La Paz with no problem today.The weather was great, blue sky's and 70 plus. A friend from the CVO Harley web site I belong to who lives in La Paz hooked us up with a fabulous hotel at the marina and on the beach at a big discount. He met us at the edge of town and led us to the hotel. The person he works for owns the hotel and marina and probably half of Baja. The Hotel Fiesta Inn is a 5 star new hotel with a fabulous setting.  We had dinner and drinks with him and his girl friend and had a wonderful time.  We are only a couple hours from Cabo and he will ride part way down with us in the morning.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2010, 10:05:01 AM »

Feb 5

We made it Cabo aok. The trip was great and we saw a lot of wales off the coast on our way down. Our friends Steve and Dan rode all the way down with us from La Paz  and had a couple cold ones with us before they headed home. We will be here 2 days and then start our trip back home. The weather is great here. We stopped at the HD dealer in Cabo and had a much needed bike wash before we headed to the Hotel. We are at the Sheraton hotel......Nice.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2010, 10:05:46 AM »

Feb 6

Well we spent 1 night and all day today in Cabo, it sure wasn't like the snowmageddon we see in the news back east. We actually took a cab into town to look around and did not even get on our bikes today. The weather is warm and sunny here. We spent the afternoon out by the pool watching the whales out in the ocean. We will be up and starting our return trip tomorrow morning. We will spend the first night in La Paz with our friend Steve and watch the superbowl then start a serious effort to retrace our steps back to Tracy. We are not liking the weather forecast (off and on rain) for most of the trip back. Oh well it is what it is. We only hope that all the roads are ok and not flooded for our return.
The trip down was a blast full of new sights and adventures. The scenery was great and diverse and we look forward to our return journey.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2010, 10:06:29 AM »

Feb 7

We are watching the superbowl at Steves condo in La Paz. We will spend the night here an head out early in the morning. Weather is great short sleeve shirt riding conditions.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »

Feb 8

We made it to San Ignacio tonight @ the Desert Inn. It was a great riding day, perfect temp and blue skies. We drove 390 miles today, we left at 7:30 AM & got here right at dark @ 7:00 PM. Kind of a long day. It is hard to make any time driving these twisty mountain roads. We hope to get to El Rosario tomorrow and do another 316 miles. We are trying to get some miles under our belt as they are calling for possible rain on Wednesday  & Thursday.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2010, 03:20:50 PM »

They're not letting any dust collect today......they're covering some ground. 
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2010, 05:44:06 PM »

When I did this trip back in 2005, It was Cabo to Guerrero Negro day 1, Guerrero Negro to San Diego day 2, and home on day 3.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2010, 02:02:30 AM »

Feb 9

We considered making it to San Quintin or Ensenada tonight but when we started down the mountain the sky turned so black we had to turn our headlights on. I thought for sure it was going to pour rain any minute. Luckily they had a room at the Baja Cactus in El-Rosario where we stayed on the way down. The trip from Guerreo Negro to El Rosario is 202 miles. There are no gas stations between these towns and if you are lucky you will find someone along the way selling gas out of a 55 gallon drum. He was not around today, boy am I glad I carried 5 gallons of gas in the trailer or we would not have made it. A huge thanks to Van for suggesting I bring a spare kick stand spring along. I broke mine off in the middle of no-where going over a Topa (speed bump) and was sure glad to have a spare.

If it doesn’t rain, we will cross the border at Otay Messa, and stay in San Diego tomorrow night. If it is raining we will stay in Ensenada for the night. It wouldn’t be fun sitting in the long line waiting to cross the border for several hours in the rain. The trip today was long and turned cold when we got to the coast at Guerreo Negro and stayed that way until we stopped for the night. My heated vest, grips, and seat felt very nice for most of the trip. Oh well guess I shouldn’t complain as I don’t think anyone is even thinking of riding a motorcycle in the mid-west or East Coast these last couple weeks. For some strange reason I am unable to get to the CVOHARLEY board anywhere south of Ensenada
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2010, 09:00:49 PM »

Welcome home! Glad you made it back to the good ol US OF A safely. Ive enjoyed following your trip with the spot gps. now lets see some pics!! :bananarock:

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2010, 11:43:15 PM »

Yes we crossed the border around 5:00Pm today. We stopped in Carlsbad for the night. It rained hard last night so the roads were covered with mud, water, sand, and rocks. Our bikes and my trailer are caked in mud.
 I should be back home in Tracy California tomorrow night. It was a great trip and I would do it again. I'm tired so I'm off to bed. More when I get home and get organized. Thanks to everyone who followed my trip and to those who provided valuable information along the way. :huepfenjump3:
13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!

RidinRuby

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SEUC Ruby Red
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2010, 10:56:19 AM »

Welcome home Duke. We really enjoyed following you on the Spot and reading about your trip. We also look forward to seeing photos.

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2010, 09:49:06 PM »

Fred and I arrived home in Tracy California at 5:30Pm safe and somewhat sound. The trip was fabulous the scenery was great. The locals were most helpful and the bikes ran great. I was watching the news, wow glad I'm not on the East coast right now. More tomorow when I get some sleep. Thanks to everyone for following my trip.

Duke
13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!

Lil-Bit

• Elite CVO Member
  • My Next Husband Will Be Normal...
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2010, 12:01:07 AM »

Welcome home.....can't wait to see the pictures  :orange: :orange:        Say Hello to Wanda  ;D

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2010, 08:17:08 AM »

Awesome, freakin awesome... :2vrolijk_21:

sgchick

• Sweeper
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2010, 10:09:47 AM »

Looks like you had a great trip!! Welcome home! Looking forward to some pics and stories  :apple: :apple:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 23 queries.