Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Author Topic: Ocean to ocean...including Cripple Creek..........  (Read 26804 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Ocean to ocean...including Cripple Creek......
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2006, 09:14:08 AM »

I'd love to ship and ride, but I think I'd have to buy a Black & Blue before then!

You will! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

We're waking up in Joplin, Mo. this morning, to clear skys.

Rain off and on all day yesterday.  At some point my bike through a code.  Had it looked at in Memphis when they changed my rear tire (by the way.....JR hustled a a free loaner for the day) and they said it was a "combustion code" but couldn't find anything.  They cleared the code and sent me on my way.  

Stopped at Denny's Harley Davidson in Springfield, Mo. half an hour before closing time.  Explained that I was on the road and what was going on and his response was "we're getting ready to close but I think we can do something to help you".  Hour and a half later (yep, he kept two guys back on overtime to take care of it) they had replaced a broken wire to my air intake sensor and also the ground for that.  The first one, the rubber sleeve was worn through and it was shorting out.......the ground was broken on the inside but the rubber sleeve was intact.  I can tell you that my bike really started sucking the fuel to the tune of 136 miles on the last tank.  From Sprigfield to here in Joplin it looks like no codes are thrown and my fuel guage quit moving so fast.

These guys are planning on leaving Joplin at 12:30 this afternoon.  Not sure why so late but we're going to pull earlier and have a nice comfortable ride and try to beat some of the heat of the afternoon.  We should be there in Dodge City early enough that you'll find us at a motel laying by the pool. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  That's our idea of a V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2006, 09:56:47 AM »

HI Ya,ll, I,d Like to thank Segeaserglige06 for keeping my 04 seeg in his garage and delevering it to the dealership for  the pick up. Bill you helped made this trip happen for me . Hanging on to my bike for 90+ days was HUGE , Also ups- in stuff back to my house, gave me much needed space.- AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2006, 10:50:20 AM »

These guys are planning on leaving Joplin at 12:30 this afternoon.  Not sure why so late

The departure was set that late because it allowed travellers headed this way time to get here this morning and not have to push it as far the evening before should weather, schedule or travel Gods make such things a palatable choice.  Since it still allowed plenty of time to get in well before dark it had been suggested as a way to be accommodating.  

See ya in Dodge.....
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 10:51:45 AM by twolanerider »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2006, 07:45:30 PM »

The departure was set that late because it allowed travellers headed this way time to get here this morning and not have to push it as far the evening before should weather, schedule or travel Gods make such things a palatable choice.  Since it still allowed plenty of time to get in well before dark it had been suggested as a way to be accommodating.  

See ya in Dodge.....

Thanks Don.  We rode in the rain last night to get an early start today.......we seem to handle the rain a whole lot easier then the heat.

We're at the Comfort Inn in Dodge City (the Thuderbird didn't have a pool).  Going to go swimming with the guys then we'll head off to dinner in awhile.

Thanks JR, to you and Debbie for the hospitality and showing us around!  We had a great time [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   Tell Debbie that I said thank you for that special dinner.......homemade meals are really appreciated on the road.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2006, 10:39:44 PM »

Thanks JR, to you and Debbie for the hospitality and showing us around!  We had a great time [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   Tell Debbie that I said thank you for that special dinner.......homemade meals are really appreciated on the road.

JC, were glad we had the opportunity to finally meet Y'all and it was a pleasure to spend time with each of you! Enjoy the rest of your trip, Ride safe, and you are in our prayers! God Bless!

JR [smiley=banana.gif]
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 07:03:24 PM by J.Rud »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2006, 06:05:01 PM »

Been home for a couple hours.  Clocked 4,901.6 miles on my bike since we picked them up at HD of Atlanta.  We had a great time and met a lot of great people from this site.  I think Jon (Jonga) bought five shirts at each Harley dealership that we stopped at. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

I'll start working on the photos tomorrow and post here.
We did two lane highways and roads all the way across America.  I doubt we have a total of 200 miles on interstate freeways, all combined..........so we got to really see the country.  Thanks to all the members of this site who showed us around their respective areas....that was much appreciated.

West Coast GTG   

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2006, 06:27:02 PM »

Been home for a couple hours.  Clocked 4,901.6 miles on my bike since we picked them up at HD of Atlanta.  We had a great time and met a lot of great people from this site.  I think Jon (Jonga) bought five shirts at each Harley dealership that we stopped at. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

I'll start working on the photos tomorrow and post here.
We did two lane highways and roads all the way across America.  I doubt we have a total of 200 miles on interstate freeways, all combined..........so we got to really see the country.  Thanks to all the members of this site who showed us around their respective areas....that was much appreciated.

Yeah, 'er 'uh, JCZ,
  Glad ya'll made it Home, safe and sound! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Wish we coulda' had more time to spend with you guys!  Don Tilley said he really enjoyed meeting ya'll, and giving you the Tour of Tilley Harley-Davidson.  See ya'll again, somewhere!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2006, 08:15:07 PM »

See ya'll again, somewhere!  Later--HUBBARD

Canada, next year.........start planning it now.  You and Randy can ship your bikes out here and ride up with us, from here, then ride them home (two weeks is do-able).

Just found our photos from when Chip and Nancy took us to the Tail Of The Dragon.  Beginning with photo #935 of 1357, through #944 of 1357....first it's Andy on the orange and black, me on the blue and black, Jock on his blue and black and Jon and Heidi on his black Street Glide......... http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=04RK006W080938&po=939&c=
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 08:39:10 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2006, 11:46:52 PM »

Glad to hear you all made it home safely and had a great time getting there.  With 1000+ photos, I'm sure you'll be busy for a while!  Make sure you send me some pics!!!

I enjoyed meeting you guys and Heidi.  

Out of curiosity, how many attendees at the Cripple Creek CVO Rally plan to attend the Maggie Valley CVO Rally?
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2006, 11:55:05 PM »

Glad you guys made it home safely...already planning for the Calgary trip...will probably ship the bike to your area, then ride up.  Looks like a 5K trip for me.

Looking forward to the pics of your entire trip!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2006, 03:23:36 AM »

Welcome home JC, glad you made it back safely. It was a real disappontment not making Cripple Creek, but maybe Canda in '07.

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2006, 08:30:35 AM »

JC, Jonga, & AK,
Glad you all made it back home safe and sound, sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you while you were on the east coast. :( However I've decided to go to Maggie Valley after seeing how much fun can be had at one of these gatherings. Ya'll need to come on back. ;D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2006, 10:41:17 AM »

Tail of the Dragon Photos

http://www.killboy.com

Photos are at....

13th-Tuesday - Cruisers

Page 38, Photo # 935-944

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2006, 02:50:58 PM »

Tail of the Dragon Photos

http://www.killboy.com

Photos are at....

13th-Tuesday - Cruisers

Page 38, Photo # 935-944

I posted a link to the actual photos in reply #97 above.  Good photos of you and Andy, Jock!

West Coast GTG   

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2006, 02:58:04 PM »

I posted a link to the actual photos in reply #97 above.  Good photos of you and Andy, Jock!

That's what I get for not reading the entire thread...told ya I only read about 1% of the site...Thanks.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 23 queries.