Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Visit to my fathers, MV GTG, Albuquerque, Colorado  (Read 16027 times)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re: Visit to my fathers then......
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 04:34:41 AM »

Is he all wet? :huepfenlol2:   Let him know it's 8 p.m. and 100F here. :2vrolijk_21:

Nope...but i think he will get wet today!  Nice and cooler here...

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 02:45:28 PM »

Nope...but i think he will get wet today!  Nice and cooler here...

Andy, Jon and I warned him. :huepfenlol2:

I even told him to go buy a rain seat cover.  (He has a Corbin with the leather seat.)  But I forgot to tell him to ride with it on. ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 08:28:49 PM »

He washed his bike too!

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 11:37:02 PM »

I've been so lucky on missing the rain. The temps have been moderate in range. Lots of fog in the mornings at the higher elevations. The Blueridge Parkway is gorgeous, curvy and these guys and ladies ride them with lots of enthusiasm.

Everybody is having a good time.
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 08:17:51 PM »

Just left Maggie Valley and am on my way there. Colorado, Utah then home to California.

Great pics, looking forward to it. Interesting about the number of tourists in the area. Guess I'll have to learn to plan for accommodations.

Don

So there you are...

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 09:04:52 PM »

Left Evans, GA at 8:00 am arrived at brand spanking New Orleans at 6:30 pm. Boy is it hot and humid here. Goin for my shorts and sandals.

Made a cutover to Florida state line and who knows how frigging far past before an exit to turn around. Bad planning took me an hour and my camera wouldn't shoot the border sign.

Taking pics but can't post them because IPad is a piece of chit! Can't figure out any advantage to an IPad over laptop. I could have gotten a laptop this size. The Apple Rep said the IPad was excellent with photos. If I wanted people to see photos on a local device I'd load them onto my frigging phone.

Found some software for $30.00 that allows you to download to your iPod, iPhone, itoilet, iou's, ietc, ietc, ietc, but is very slow and time consuming.

I apologize for no pics. Maybe I'll find a small Costco PC and begin a new nightmare?
Semper Fi

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

PMG1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 09:28:13 PM »

Don great to meet you in MV. The Ipad is simple you simply plug in the camera card reader in bottom and the Ipad will load them for you. Once in Iphoto on the Ipad you can post or email them. Find a BestBuy or Apple store and all will be well. Hang in there with it.

PMG1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 09:29:58 PM »

Insert the white cartridge in bottom of the Ipad and then put the SD card in and watch it work

sgchick

• Sweeper
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 07:21:15 AM »

Yep...the camera connection kit is the way to go Don..http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE&mco=MjEwMDgzMDg

very fast and convenient! Soooooo...let's see some pics!!!  Have a great time and we'll see you and Carole in a couple of weeks! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 09:16:13 PM »

I have had the camera download kit and have hundreds downloaded onto the IPad2. I also figured out how to Email a photo.

A recommendation was to use Flickr but this Yahoo product requires Adobe utilities that the IPad doesn't have.

Still can't figure out how to get a photo to CVOHarley.com.

I went into IPhoto and can find a selection for EMailing and Copying but that's about it.
Semper Fi

PMG1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 09:20:15 PM »

I've got it!! We need to raise $10,000 for Neal so we can get a "CVO Mobile App"   :orange:

Let me grab the Ipad and figure that one out.

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 09:38:17 PM »

Made it to Cleveland, TX just North of Houston around 3:30 pm Wednesday. It has been a very warm day.

A high light of the day was when one lane of I-10 was shut down due to a broken down Loomis Armoured vehicle that was off the road. A good Loomis vehicle was blocking the lane so they could transfer the cargo. Took me twenty sweltering minutes to get by. Our Cajun neighbors don't care for human BBQ pits lane splitting past their air-conditioned automobiles. Still can't figure why they couldn't pull the good Loomis vehicle off the road to load it.

Many 18 wheeler loads of hay being hauled (clap, clap, clap) Deep In the Heart of Texas. Dried out dry here.

Heading north through Dallas to Tulsa in the morning.
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 09:41:04 PM »

By the time we raise $10k, inflation will balloon the price 25-50%.
Semper Fi

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2011, 11:22:43 AM »

Still figuring out the IPad 2. Can't figure out how to scroll or cursor back and forth within the text.

Try tapping and holding your finger on the text.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

Re: Visit to my fathers, MV GTG, Albuquerque, Colorado
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2011, 01:15:31 AM »

My fingers are too fat and my aim is poor.

Rode from Tulsa to Albuquerque. Simon met me at the motel and we rode over to Sadies for dinner. Weather was perfect. Wore my jacket the whole way.

Balloons tomorrow.

Can't stay awake.
Semper Fi

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 22 queries.