Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Visit to my fathers, MV GTG, Albuquerque, Colorado  (Read 16106 times)

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Re: Visit to my fathers, MV GTG, Albuquerque, Colorado
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2011, 03:47:11 PM »

This is too exciting...we're all waiting... :orange: :mango: :huepfenjump3: :bananarock: :huepfenlol2: :apple: :2vrolijk_21:

Can't wait to see the pictures. ::)

Hey Don, was the "State Line" you mentioned in Gulf Shores?  I worked in Pensacola for a year back in '84 and on a several occasions, visited the "Flora-Bama Lounge" http://www.florabama.com/ , where Jimmy Buffet would play now and then in his earlier days.

Just reading your comment brought back some pretty great memories.  "Nibblin on spongecake, watchen the sun bake all those tourests covered with oil..." 8)
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2011, 02:07:34 AM »

I was heading to Gulf Shores but instead jumped on I-10 east. I was in a hurry to get to the excitement of New Orleans. (There wasn't any excitement that night.) When did they start the dueling pianos?

After 20 days I made it home tonight. One of the best adventures I've done. Met really great people and visited amazing parts of the country. I realize how fortunate I am that this opportunity became available to me.

Had some disappointing weather the last few days, rain, rain, wind, rain, hail, rain, snow, rain.  Just when you think the rain is bad you ride past those enduring bike riders wearing shorts and Wal-Mart ponchos. Then I realize it's not so bad because I've got a HD rainsuit, a fairing, lower fairings, heated liner and gloves, a Shark Helmet, yellow safety glasses, and a stereo attached to an amazing Harley Davidson and riding in an area that just goes on and on in beauty, rain or shine.

Didn't make it to Moab, Bryce, or even through Yosemite's Tioga Pass due to SNOW. Did get to hit some ice and slush this morning. Did not like that.

Time for sleep in my own bed next to an empty spot because Carole is out of the country on business.

I will also get busy on pictures.

Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

PMG1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2011, 07:55:07 AM »

The best part of a ride is a "safe" return. Glad you made it back safe. Get some rest. Job well done

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2011, 12:37:14 AM »

Got to meet up with Simon on Friday. We went to dinner and then Simon showed me a couple of spots where I could see the balloons. It would have been great to have done a ride through the Taos area with him. Another day perhaps.

Pulled out in the morning and couldn't figure out why my bike died. Figured it out!

Semper Fi

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2011, 12:52:42 AM »

Going to the Balloon Festival. Lots of traffic. I decided to park at Thunderbird Harley Davidson and walk from there. About half a mile to the show and then get an oil change after. Two hours to get an $85.00 oil change!

A truck unloading a balloon. Had a lift gate to raise and lower the basket full of gear.

Tip over the basket and drag out the gear.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:55:09 AM by DDavidson »
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2011, 12:54:05 AM »

Testing a propane burner.

Spreading out a tarp to lay the balloon on.

Balloons left early to test the winds.

Not sure why the planes flew over in the Missing Man formation?

These Referee looking people were responsible for clearing an area of people so a balloon could take off safely. They would blow a whistle and people would clear away.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 01:06:03 AM by DDavidson »
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2011, 01:09:25 AM »

The event started with the National Anthem.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:51:30 PM by DDavidson »
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2011, 01:18:44 AM »

Anxious to get started.

Canada represented.

Balloons will take off for the next two hours.

Semper Fi

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2011, 03:29:21 PM »

Double D, Great pictures. Thanks!  I'd sure like to know how you get multiple frames into one posting.  I'm sure it's simple, but haven't figured it out yet.

Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2011, 09:46:25 PM »

I'd sure like to know how you get multiple frames into one posting.

My pictures have been uploaded to Flickr.com. In Flickr I get to HTML like code (BBCode) that I copy into my reply.

I tried to copy the code into this reply so you could see it but I haven't figured out how to make the code a comment.  :nixweiss:

JCZ gave me instructions on how to load from Flickr and I'll post the instructions later. If you have Flickr, PM me, and I'll send you instructions.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:43:59 PM by DDavidson »
Semper Fi

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2011, 09:59:17 PM »

My pictures have been uploaded to Flickr.com. In Flickr I get to HTML code that I copy into my reply.

I tried to copy the code into this reply so you could see it but I haven't figured out how to make the code a comment.  :nixweiss:

You're not using the BBC code?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2011, 10:01:17 PM »

Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2011, 10:03:54 PM »

You're not using the BBC code?

YES I am. I'll go back and correct that. Didn't figure he'd understand the BBCode versus HTML. Most have heard of HTML and not BBCode. I know I haven't.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:06:32 PM by DDavidson »
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2011, 10:13:59 PM »

Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »

For Holly

Semper Fi

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.268 seconds with 23 queries.