Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Another "Guys Only" ride......  (Read 13896 times)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re: Another "Guys Only" ride......
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2011, 09:02:47 PM »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2011, 09:05:23 PM »

In those last few pics of the big fields, what crops do the farmers normally grow? In Florida they grow strawberries in raised bed rows like that. Great looking ride, I to wish I was there.

The Salinas valley (south of San Jose on Hwy. 101) is known as America's salad bowl........where they grow every kind of vegtable that you can imagine.  Here in the Sacramento valley it could be pretty much anything from strawberrys, peaches, almonds, walnuts, pecans, perssimons, oranges, grapefruit, grapes, sugar beats, tomatoes, rice, alfalpha, sedan grass, sargram grass, sileage corn and probably at least a thousand others that I'm not thinking of right now.  Yes, lots of strawberries in this area.

From mountains to farm land to ocean.....we've got it all and always within a couple hours ride of just about anywhere in Nor Cal.  We are fortunate and blessed. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2011, 09:10:54 PM »

Medical Marijuana!!!  :P :nixweiss: :D ;D :huepfenlol2:

:bananarock:

That's a couple of counties north and west.  Number one cash crop in Humboldt County is marijuana.  And you don't have to have the medical cert. in that county to be in possession of less than an ounce.......no citation.  Read that in the local newspaper when the Nor Cal group was staying in Willits on one of our rides a couple of years ago.  Where were those county ordinances when I was young? :nixweiss:

You trying to tell us something Jock? ???
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:13:09 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 10:35:33 PM »

uh-oh.......playing that double yellow way to close....flirtin with disaster

I thought that was just "lane splitting" to the NoCal riders...  :nervous:
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2011, 03:47:08 AM »

:pepper: Looking to be an awesome ride, thanks for sharing  :pepper:
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2011, 08:52:25 PM »

The Salinas valley (south of San Jose on Hwy. 101) is known as America's salad bowl........where they grow every kind of vegtable that you can imagine.  Here in the Sacramento valley it could be pretty much anything from strawberrys, peaches, almonds, walnuts, pecans, perssimons, oranges, grapefruit, grapes, sugar beats, tomatoes, rice, alfalpha, sedan grass, sargram grass, sileage corn and probably at least a thousand others that I'm not thinking of right now.  Yes, lots of strawberries in this area.

From mountains to farm land to ocean.....we've got it all and always within a couple hours ride of just about anywhere in Nor Cal.  We are fortunate and blessed. :2vrolijk_21:
Thank you Mr.Chamber of Commerce.lol. I didn't see any "trees" to grow the walnuts,pecans,oranges,grapfruit etc. Did not produced some of the crops you listed. Thanks JC
JR good one! 
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2011, 09:43:24 PM »

Thank you Mr.Chamber of Commerce.lol. I didn't see any "trees" to grow the walnuts,pecans,oranges,grapfruit etc. Did not produced some of the crops you listed. Thanks JC
JR good one! 

You go to the back of the class and sit.  Look at the pictures again.....you'll see the almond orchard. ;D  Actually, kind of hard to miss. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 12:51:36 PM »

Nice, very nice.

Especially to us Northerners in Ohio.......riding season is over.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2011, 01:19:28 PM »

Thats was the Miker ride in in early 80's with a Honda 400F out of Fairfield.... at least the water was low at the crossings... :D...

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011, 01:21:16 PM »

Nice, very nice.

Especially to us Northerners in Ohio.......riding season is over.

Yep, from the cold Ohio, scoot is hibernating for the winter right now  :coolblue:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 02:50:19 PM »

Great photos.  Thanks for sharing.  You have some nice riding right there near Sacramento and so close to Tahoe too. 
*Orange and BLack '09 Road Glide w/103

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2011, 03:05:22 PM »

Livin' large as always, JC!   :2vrolijk_21:   :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2011, 05:03:01 PM »

You go to the back of the class and sit.  Look at the pictures again.....you'll see the almond orchard. ;D  Actually, kind of hard to miss. :nixweiss:
Ah! Just pulling your chain. I meant to type in my other post. "I did not know California grew all that stuff you listed". We don't have any almond trees around here that I know of, so I've never seen one in person. We have some pecans,walnuts,hickory nuts. Not hard to miss if you are like me and don't know what you are looking at. I enjoyed the pics anyway. 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2011, 05:35:35 PM »

Ah! Just pulling your chain. I meant to type in my other post. "I did not know California grew all that stuff you listed". We don't have any almond trees around here that I know of, so I've never seen one in person. We have some pecans,walnuts,hickory nuts. Not hard to miss if you are like me and don't know what you are looking at. I enjoyed the pics anyway.  

Was just funnin with ya......you don't have to sit at the back of the class. ;D

You might be surprised how many people back east think we all live on the beach next door to movie stars.  I've been asked a number of times on my jouneys "do you know any movie stars.....have you met any".  It's like "man, you gotta come out of that closet you live in. :huepfenlol2:

Yep Calif. is a major agricultural state.  Probably the largest agricutural university in the nation, UC Davis, is about 15 miles out of Sacramento.  They do a heck of a lot of crop expermentations all over Nor Cal.

Now I wouldn't know a hickory nut or a hicory tree if I was in the middle of the orchard. :nixweiss:

By the way, my next ride report looks to be very promising also.  It's been unusually cold and unusally dry here in Nor Cal the past thrity days or so.  Suppose to continue to be dry the next ten days or so.  Really looking forward to this weekend. :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:38:39 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2011, 05:51:55 PM »

Was just funnin with ya......you don't have to sit at the back of the class. ;D

You might be surprised how many people back east think we all live on the beach next door to movie stars.  I've been asked a number of times on my jouneys "do you know any movie stars.....have you met any".  It's like "man, you gotta come out of that closet you live in. :huepfenlol2:

Yep Calif. is a major agricultural state.  Probably the largest agricutural university in the nation, UC Davis, is about 15 miles out of Sacramento.  They do a heck of a lot of crop expermentations all over Nor Cal.

Now I wouldn't know a hickory nut or a hicory tree if I was in the middle of the orchard. :nixweiss:

By the way, my next ride report looks to be very promising also.  It's been unusually cold and unusally dry here in Nor Cal the past thrity days or so.  Suppose to continue to be dry the next ten days or so.  Really looking forward to this weekend. :2vrolijk_21:
Well, next time you are close to me I can show you some hickory trees in my front yard. Nice shade trees but the fallen nuts when mowing come out like bullets.PITA. We are getting plenty of rain here. I look forward to seeing pics of your next adventure.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 22 queries.