Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Best of California  (Read 13322 times)

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

Best of California
« on: September 05, 2012, 09:37:03 PM »

Hi everyone. My wife and I just got back from a trip to California (from the east coast). We decided that it would be best to ship the bike out and ride from there. After much looking around, we deciced to book a motorcycle tour instead of just shipping the bike. The cost was about the same. Renting a bike would have cost more! We liked the idea of riding our own bike.
I had met Lynn Isenhour last year at the outer banks bike week(end) and decided to go with his transport and tour.
The trip was "Best of California". We flew into Reno Nevada and met Lynn at the hotel. Our bike was already unloaded and ready to go!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=lynn%20isenhour%202012&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lynnisenhour.com%2F&ei=z_RHUO6uLrG20QGypICQCA&usg=AFQjCNEtOnyiqQVPyBcl-CRvGMPVAOlXdQ

We are just getting back so I am just now going through the pictures so it will take a few days to post some pictures and description of the trip.
I will go ahead and say that the trip was FANTASTIC! East coast county boy (and girl) in San Fransisco.....you can only imagine!!
Here goes...
We are getting ready to pull out.
RETIRED! :fireman:

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

Re: Best of California
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 09:55:03 PM »

If you don't like riding curves, don't take this trip! Lynn told me this would be the Dragon x3. I laughed...but not for long! There was one stretch that was 30+ miles of intense uphill and downhill that would rival the dragon. I have ridden the dragon three times so I can compare. You northern California guys have got some good riding! I don't have many pictures because the BSR was doing that "shut up and hold on thing.” I didn't get a peep out of her for the duration!!! The curves allowed a little more speed than the dragon and putting the street glide into a curve and powering out was great. Once above 2 grand the bike pulled out hard. On the uphill and with all the weight on the back, it felt like it was going to pull the front wheel!! I like that!
Lynn rides a CVO himself and allows you to ride up front if you want to ride a little "spirited" or lay back. Everyone got to ride their style.
Here is about the best picture I have of that part of the ride. More tomorrow night.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 11:21:28 PM »

I just viewed his web site and the route that you guys took.  A great ride for anybody......even those of us that live here and have been to all these places many times.  Looking forward to your pics and ride report! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 08:24:12 PM »

I got ahead of myself last night. We actually went through some nice forest roads prior to the twisties. We left Reno and headed to Lassen Volcanic park. Due to the fires in the area, we had to turn back before we could make it through the park. We did 17 miles and then turned back to the welcome center. We did get to see some beautiful sights though. Here is a shot of the ride in, and some of the firefighting camps we passed, as well as a shot or two in the park.
Lynn led us around the fire area on what I would describe as paved pasture roads. Thanks to Lynn we made it around and back to civilization. I'm glad we were with someone with experience riding in the area!

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »

Firefighter camp. I think this side of the road was IC.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 08:31:50 PM »

The other side of the road. Some of these guys/girls were sleeping in camping tents. My  :fireman: hats of to them. Wildland firefighting is not for sissys!!

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 08:34:32 PM »

The further we got the bigger the trees got. We don't have these out close to the outer banks.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 08:36:13 PM »

Entering the park.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 08:39:40 PM »

My wife and I at the welcome center.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 08:47:37 PM »

From one of the overlooks.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 08:54:17 PM »

There were no guard rails on this road! It was steep, narrow, and slow going. This was a good time to be at the front. Slow speed and the visual off to the side made some parts of this interesting!

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 08:56:49 PM »

I think that this was called Lake Helen. Love the color!

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 08:59:11 PM »

Since we did the twisties out of order last night, tomorrow night we will be breaking out of the trees and onto the Pacific Coast Highway and redwoods.

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 09:49:10 PM »

Sound like a KOOL ride   :2vrolijk_21:   

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 03:17:15 PM »

Nice Brother !!!!
DND
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 22 queries.