Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lyndall Racing Brakes  (Read 1726 times)

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
Lyndall Racing Brakes
« on: May 09, 2007, 01:17:53 PM »

I had heard such good things about Lyndall Racing Brakes I decided to get some for my 2006 Fat Boy.  Who wouldn't want better braking and less dust.  ;D  Anyway I went to their website, looked up the right part number, and ordered two sets.  One for the front and one for the back as their website indicated. 

But after having my local mechanic try and change them I learned that the front and back are not the same on a 2006 Screaming Eagle Fat Boy.  Apparently, when they changed to the 200mm rear tire they also changed to a different brake than the front.  Not sure if LRB even makes a set for the rear at this point, I'm still waiting to hear back from them.  But be warned, they are different, despite what the LRB website might lead you to believe.  I guess now I will find out how good their return policy and technical service are.  :-\

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Lyndall Racing Brakes
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 01:25:15 PM »

I had heard such good things about Lyndall Racing Brakes I decided to get some for my 2006 Fat Boy.  Who wouldn't want better braking and less dust.  ;D  Anyway I went to their website, looked up the right part number, and ordered two sets.  One for the front and one for the back as their website indicated. 

But after having my local mechanic try and change them I learned that the front and back are not the same on a 2006 Screaming Eagle Fat Boy.  Apparently, when they changed to the 200mm rear tire they also changed to a different brake than the front.  Not sure if LRB even makes a set for the rear at this point, I'm still waiting to hear back from them.  But be warned, they are different, despite what the LRB website might lead you to believe.  I guess now I will find out how good their return policy and technical service are.  :-\

Make sure you order the "Z" pads. Their racing compound pads will ruin your rotors and won't stop as well as you'd think for normal riding. They create a lot more heat to work properly, like they perform in racing. The racing compound should be used with Lyndall Rotors, or another racing rotor. In normal street riding, you don't stay on the brakes long enough, hard enough, or often enough to get those pads to temperature when you need them most! I found this out on my 4-speed the hard way! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 01:47:37 PM »

Good news, I finally got a hold of someone at Lyndall and they do make a set for the rear of my bike.  They were also very apologetic about their website being misleading and said they were actually in the process of correcting it.  They also said they would expedite the correct set for the rear to me at no additional cost.

Now I just have to see if my mechanic will have mercy on me and not charge me a lot for having to take apart the rear of my bike a second time to put the right pads on.  The guy at Lyndall did offer to let me keep the extra set of pads to offer to my mechanic, to help offset the extra labor for the mistake.  Hopefully he will go for it.

For clarity the right part numbers for the 2006 Screaming Eagle Fat Boy brakes are as follows.  The LRB numbers are for the Z pads.

Front
  HD# 44082-00C   LRB#7195

Rear
  HD# 46721-06     LRB#7196 (not currently on their website)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 01:50:50 PM »

Good news, I finally got a hold of someone at Lyndall and they do make a set for the rear of my bike.  They were also very apologetic about their website being misleading and said they were actually in the process of correcting it.  They also said they would expedite the correct set for the rear to me at no additional cost.

Now I just have to see if my mechanic will have mercy on me and not charge me a lot for having to take apart the rear of my bike a second time to put the right pads on.  The guy at Lyndall did offer to let me keep the extra set of pads to offer to my mechanic, to help offset the extra labor for the mistake.  Hopefully he will go for it.

For clarity the right part numbers for the 2006 Screaming Eagle Fat Boy brakes are as follows.  The LRB numbers are for the Z pads.

Front
  HD# 44082-00C   LRB#7195

Rear
Now that's some good customer service. :2vrolijk_21: Admitting their screwup, expediting the proper parts to you, and offering you some compensation to give your mechanic for their mistake.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 06:46:47 AM »

I love this site!!!I just got a set last week and havent replaced them yet i hope they will send me an extra without charging. :drink:
Ridin Legend

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 09:10:09 PM »

Front
  HD# 44082-00C   LRB#7195

Rear

06FatBoySE, so let me know how much these pads make a difference, cause these stock ones suck.
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 10:24:43 PM »

I have Lyndalls on the back of my bike and they work very well.  :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 04:07:27 AM »

06FatBoySE, so let me know how much these pads make a difference, cause these stock ones suck.

Eagle,

I'm not going to quote numbers but my assometer tells me they make a noticable difference over the stock pads. This is one of the cheaper upgrades you can do to your stock brakes. (less than 1 benji)

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 25 queries.