Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Tour-Pak LEDs and Turn Signals  (Read 11175 times)

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member
  • formerly known as "UpChuck82"

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
Re: Tour-Pak LEDs and Turn Signals
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2009, 11:46:29 PM »

I now have the tourpack LED lights with turn signals and the tourpack side lights as turn signals and they work as expected and nice and bright.  I also got the tail lamp from Ride Time Technology.  It's a pretty nice setup now.  Can't get photos, which never show how bright they are anyway, as my bike is in the shop waiting for a warm enough day to dyno it.

It would be cool to see the pics or video once you get the bike back.  :2vrolijk_21:  Keith emailed me back today saying he's waiting on my Back-Off Wig Wag from Custom Dynamics and my order from him will be ready to ship.  I'm supposed to get my bike TOMORROW  :orange: :huepfenjump3: :bananarock: (sans replacement front fender that's not in yet) so I can finally start adding all the goodies.  My lift should arrive tomorrow as well so the timing is spot on.
 :bananarock: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenjump3:
2009 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
Arlen Ness Big Sucker (Chrome Backplate) w/ KN Filter
SERT
SE Slip-Ons

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2009, 11:49:30 PM »

It sure did feel like Christmas when my pipes showed up today.

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 12:08:31 AM »

Christmas in March...gotta love it!
SERT
SE Slip-Ons

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2009, 12:23:59 AM »

I don't know how to get pics that really mean anything for the rear lights, but they sure do light up nice and bright.  I like that I kept the regular turn signals amber and the ones on the tourpack, obviously red.  It seems to stand out even more with the 2 different colors flashing at the same time.  It looked like the side lights on the tourpack flashed opposite the others.  When the other turn signals were on, the side lights go completely off, and when the other signals are off, the side ones are on.  They alternate and with the rear lamps wrapping around the corner, the side signals are alternating and make it pretty darned visible.  I think I like what I have there.  I guess I could at least do the video of the turn signals.  Brakes, I would need an extra person for that.  I'll make sure to get a photo on with the new pipes for sure.  I really hope we get a warm day here.  They won't dyno it unless it's at least 40 degrees outside, and he told me he would prefer it to be over 50 degrees.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good day so I can get my bike back.

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 01:08:52 AM »

Nice to see you got what you expected with the light mods.  That's how I understood the side markers flash, and since I'm doing the same, glad to know they really stand out.  All we can do is make our bikes as visible as possible, ride defensively, keep your head on a swivel and hope for the best.  Oh ya, a little speed to keep the adrenaline pumpin'  :bananarock: :2vrolijk_21:  (EDIT:  By speed I mean driving fast, but you all knew that right) ;)

Good luck with the weather.  BTW, I've noticed your signature before because of the "Really nice tourpak hinges" (I later found a thread as to what those were).  Noticed you added the D&D now that you got 'em finally  :2vrolijk_21: and the POS Nav  >:(

Always wondered what your handle meant...saw earlier where you explained it.  ...I wanna be a (big) star some day....got blood on your face, ya big disgrace... Was Queen the inspiration?

:oops: :nixweiss:
Just looked up the REAL lyrics...my memory wasn't close and I mixed up the versus.  Gettin old sux!
We Will Rock You lyrics

Buddy you're a boy makin big noise
Playin' in the street gonna be a big man some day
You got mud on yo' face
You big disgrace
Kickin' your can all over the place

Singin'

We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you

Buddy you're a young man hard man
Shoutin' in the street gonna take on the world some day
You got blood on yo' face
You big disgrace
Wavin' your banner all over the place
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:26:38 AM by UpChuck82 »
SERT
SE Slip-Ons

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2009, 01:19:58 AM »

Nice to see you got what you expected with the light mods.  That's how I understood the side markers flash, and since I'm doing the same, glad to know they really stand out.  All we can do is make our bikes as visible as possible, ride defensively, keep your head on a swivel and hope for the best.  Oh ya, a little speed to keep the adrenaline pumpin'  :bananarock: :2vrolijk_21:

Good luck with the weather.  BTW, I've noticed your signature before because of the "Really nice tourpak hinges" (I later found a thread as to what those were).  Noticed you added the D&D now that you got 'em finally  :2vrolijk_21: and the POS Nav  >:(

Always wondered what your handle meant...saw earlier where you explained it.  ...I wanna be a (big) star some day....got blood on your face, ya big disgrace... Was Queen the inspiration?

:oops: :nixweiss:
Just looked up the REAL lyrics...my memory wasn't close and I mixed up the versus.  Gettin old sux!
We Will Rock You lyrics

Buddy you're a boy makin big noise
Playin' in the street gonna be a big man some day
You got mud on yo' face
You big disgrace
Kickin' your can all over the place

Singin'

We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you

Buddy you're a young man hard man
Shoutin' in the street gonna take on the world some day
You got blood on yo' face
You big disgrace
Wavin' your banner all over the place

I don't feel that any more lights are necessary on the back now.  I'm very pleased with having LED's on the taillamp, tourpack taillamps, and luggage rack, amber turn signals and LED red turn signals on the tourpack, and the tourpack side signals.  Nothing to junk up the rear of the bike...all replacement of existing things with better stuff.  You would never know anything was done to change the bike until you follow me down the road.

As far as the screenname goes, I went to make my first post on the VStar 1100 forum a few years back and needed to register before posting.  I was just thinking of what I could use the word "star" in and thought of that saying and quickly figured out a way to abbreviate it and I just figured since I remember it, I'll just keep it as I go.  Nothing profound about it.  I've had a few people that have told me they never really read all the letters and just always refer to me as that "1 bastard guy".  I can see where they get that.  Well, back to what I was working on here.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2009, 08:03:51 PM »

Okay, here we go.  I replaced the taillamp with LED.  Replaced the tourpack run/stop with LED run/stop/turn signals.  Changed the tourpack side running lights to run/turn signal.  Here's the first of 2 videos...if I did this correctly.  After trying these several times, sometimes they will play immediately, and other times they will take forever to load...don't understand why.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 08:15:01 PM by 1abastarsmda »

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2009, 08:06:40 PM »

Here's the second video with the 4 way flashers on.

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2009, 08:31:14 PM »

Looks good!  Thanks for taking the time to video it and post it!   :bananarock:  It may just be the angle or video...are the LEDs in the tourpak dual color?  That is:  do the turn signals flash amber and the running/brakes are red?  If so, that's way cool.  If not, it's still cool.

Nice work :2vrolijk_21:
UpChuck
SERT
SE Slip-Ons

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2009, 08:34:14 PM »

Looks good!  Thanks for taking the time to video it and post it!   :bananarock:  It may just be the angle or video...are the LEDs in the tourpak dual color?  That is:  do the turn signals flash amber and the running/brakes are red?  If so, that's way cool.  If not, it's still cool.

Nice work :2vrolijk_21:
UpChuck

The stock turn signals are still amber.  The ones in the tourpack are red, but the camera makes them look amber also, but they aren't.  I saw the video and went and checked the bike out again.  I thought I missed something too, but they are still red.

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2009, 09:37:40 PM »

great work looks great :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

BALIS

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2009, 10:17:10 AM »

I like it.Good job,well done.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2009, 12:44:32 PM »

I already had one person wave me over this morning.  He wanted to know how the heck I got turn signals on my tourpack.  He thought maybe it was a SE thing and wanted to know if he could do his.  I think they stand out well.

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2009, 01:06:28 PM »

Exactly why you put them on...to stand out.  Mission accomplished!
SERT
SE Slip-Ons
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.387 seconds with 21 queries.