Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Brake light not bright enough?  (Read 15350 times)

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

Re: Brake light not bright enough?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2013, 10:15:45 PM »

Where does this hook up under the seat or the side panel ????
Just pull the seat off. There is a male/female plug attached to the rear fender. Just break it apart and plug the module in.
RETIRED! :fireman:

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 06:16:13 AM »

Just pull the seat off. There is a male/female plug attached to the rear fender. Just break it apart and plug the module in.

Thanks , it will be here today.
DND

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2013, 06:20:46 PM »

Done, a 30 seconds install 15 minutes deciding which pattern.
DND

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2013, 06:47:31 PM »

Done, a 30 seconds install 15 minutes deciding which pattern.

Which one did you go with?

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2013, 06:41:26 AM »

I think it was # 3 / 7 Flashes then Solid then 7 Flashes then Solid little hard to tell what # you are on on the little box.
DND

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2013, 12:34:58 PM »

I think it was # 3 / 7 Flashes then Solid then 7 Flashes then Solid little hard to tell what # you are on on the little box.

Thats the setting i chose, does the job well  :2vrolijk_21:
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2013, 09:36:28 PM »

I went with the strobe that changes, #9 I think. Might change to full strobe. You are correct that its hard to tell what number you are on.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2013, 08:27:07 PM »

I went with the strobe that changes, #9 I think. Might change to full strobe. You are correct that its hard to tell what number you are on.

Just got back in from a 9 day trip. Riders kept coming up and asking about the brake lights. They said that they were very visible and attention getting and wanted to know where I got them. Looks like it was money well spent!

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2013, 06:27:00 AM »

I'm not sure if I agree I was at bike week and I have the brake lights set up with 7 blinking and then solid and then 7 blinking and I had my turn signal on
and the guys behind me said they were not sure what I was doing, because I was hitting the brake at the same time my turn signal was on and both sides were blinking  :o I did not check it out yet to see whats up I may need to change the setting.
DND

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2013, 07:24:30 AM »

i'm using either mode 6 or mode 8, and it's pretty obvious when you have your turn signal on.  it flashes a little bit, then goes solid, but your signal still blinks.  it flashes enough at first to get the person's attention, then goes solid.

for the guys that have trouble figuring out which pattern you've selected, if you look really closely at the the switch, there is a little triangle molded into it.  the point of the triangle points to the number of the pattern.  i'm not gonna tell you to put your reading glasses on, but it helped me :D
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2013, 09:40:35 AM »

Watch out LED's are addictive...next thing you know you will have the engine lit up...*L
I chose #4 the first strobe effect.  I too get comments telling how well people see them.  I have also noticed that when I use my brake folks seems to back off and stay back more than before the LED flashing system.  Maybe because its soo bright?
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2013, 02:43:50 PM »

Watch out LED's are addictive...next thing you know you will have the engine lit up...*L
I chose #4 the first strobe effect.  I too get comments telling how well people see them.  I have also noticed that when I use my brake folks seems to back off and stay back more than before the LED flashing system.  Maybe because its soo bright?
No, you probably just interrupted their phone call and they became more aware of you.    :nervous:   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

MaJiK

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2013, 05:07:35 PM »

I had same concerns, LED's didn't seem very bright.  I was accustomed to applying the front brake and looking over my shoulder to check brake light at night.  With LED's i saw nothing.  I got concerned, so, one night i had my daughter apply front brake while parked in garage and i walked back about 30-35 ft.  They were actually noticeably brighter than the (3) lights on my Dyna that lit up when I applied the brakes. But..... when i walked to either side a about 5-10 degrees off center the light factor was reduced.  I did add the Custom Dynamics Magic Strobe SS8.  Like someone else mentioned, 30 seconds to install, 30 minutes to figure out which pattern i wanted. Settled on 4 flashes, 1 second solid, 3 flashes, 3 second solid, repeat.

CalmSeasQuest

• 2013 SERK #254/900
    • MI

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust / Obsidian
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2013, 08:32:20 PM »

I was recently rear ended at 50 mph while stopped on a highway (thankfully while driving a Crown Vic) so I'll admit I'm a bit paranoid about distracted cagers behind me.

I installed the Magic Strobes and LOVE them. I also ordered the Kuryakyn Tri LED license frame to further increase the show form the rear. I just have to work out the install.
-Tom

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2013, 10:52:25 PM »

I was recently rear ended at 50 mph while stopped on a highway (thankfully while driving a Crown Vic) so I'll admit I'm a bit paranoid about distracted cagers behind me.

I installed the Magic Strobes and LOVE them. I also ordered the Kuryakyn Tri LED license frame to further increase the show form the rear. I just have to work out the install.

Yep! That's what got me interested in this thread. I got hit in the rear by a semi while in my F-150. Luckily at low speed but 80,000 pounds packs a wallop! 
I agree that the vis from the side sucks but we can't change that much. I thought the blinks were confusing with the signals also. That's why I went with the strobe effect. When the TP is on, the rack light strobes at about eye level too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 20 queries.