Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Pumpkin Becomes the Great Pumpkin  (Read 9675 times)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: Pumpkin Becomes the Great Pumpkin
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 06:17:40 PM »

Sorry for going AWOL.  A lot has happened since the original post.

I will get more pics once I have it back out for the season...it's just sitting at my HD dealer for winter storage right now.

The conversion is a Hannigan Transformer.  They do an excellent job and their paint guy Tim is awesome.  I had an idea going in and he taped off a mock-up idea he had.  I liked it much better and gave him free reign.  You can see how it turned out!

Mechanically I had Hannigan put their triple trees on to change the rake and improve steering effort.  I did not want an electric reverse so they changed the transmission out for a Champion with mechanical reverse.  I also added an auxiliary fuel tank.  The engine is unchanged for now.  I previously was running Yuell Brothers Freedom Pipes, airbox and a Power Commander and it dyno'd right at 100 hp.  I put it away almost immediately after getting it back so I have not ridden enough to know if I will change anything.

From what I have ridden, it rides great and handles very well.  I look forward to getting it out in the next couple of weeks and getting some good riding and trips in.
Nice Parrot, it would be nice if once you get some real riding in to come back and give us a new report with pics of course. Looking forward to it. Very nice looking machine. Prolly a little hard to lane split though. :huepfenlol2:

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 10:36:12 AM »

Still waiting on some updated pics and more detail info on this build. Especially the total cost!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

ParrotHD

• Bikes & Buffett...Life is Good!!!
    • IL
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 02:41:21 PM »

Wow...over a year since the original post! 

Here is a picture of some fat guy stealing my trike.

So far the experience has been good.  It took a little time to get used to three wheels but I feel pretty confident with it now.  There have been no major issues with the conversion save for a broken body mount that was easily taken care of.  Since last year I have added an LED headlight and passing lamps and Hog Tunes fairing speakers.  The conversion would have been around $15K, but I added the auxillary fuel tank and matched the CVO paint so I came in around $17K.  Smart money?  Maybe not, but I loved my bike and did not want a TriGlide....
2004 SE Electra Glide, Hannigan Transformer Trike conversion, XM Radio, King TourPack, Memphis Shades Gradient Black 12" shield, Hoppe lowers vents, Freedom Pipes and PC package, Mustang Seat, Kuryakyn grips and highway pegs.

MGB

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 09:31:14 PM »

Really looks good. I should have checked into triking mine before I got a Triglide.
Mike

'78 Vette
'78 Tri. Bonneville
'04 SEEG
'13 Ann. Tri-Glide
'02 883 (wife's)
'04 1200 (wife's)
'12 sWITCHBACK (wife's)

"RIDE WATCHA GOT"

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 10:21:16 PM »

So far the experience has been good.  It took a little time to get used to three wheels but I feel pretty confident with it now.  There have been no major issues with the conversion save for a broken body mount that was easily taken care of.  Since last year I have added an LED headlight and passing lamps and Hog Tunes fairing speakers.  The conversion would have been around $15K, but I added the auxillary fuel tank and matched the CVO paint so I came in around $17K.  Smart money?  Maybe not, but I loved my bike and did not want a TriGlide....
I love it, looks awesome!!
Alan

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2017, 12:15:49 AM »

I'd spend $17k to do that to that bike before I'd spend $40k for a new CVO any day.  That'd be a no brainer for me.  Looks great and so glad to read your first impressions are it rides the way you want it to.  Outstanding looking ride!

MGB

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2017, 04:29:45 AM »

Back problems for me, darn it!!! More pics please. Adequate power? How big is the trunk compared to a Triglide? Where is the auxiliary fuel tank located? How does it handle at 80 or so mph.? etc., etc., etc.. Thanks for sharing and did I say, it's a great looking ride and hope the fat guy brought it back. lol  ;D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 04:32:40 AM by MGB »
Mike

'78 Vette
'78 Tri. Bonneville
'04 SEEG
'13 Ann. Tri-Glide
'02 883 (wife's)
'04 1200 (wife's)
'12 sWITCHBACK (wife's)

"RIDE WATCHA GOT"

ParrotHD

• IL
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2019, 03:58:08 PM »

The Great Pumpkin is still going strong.  Someone asked about storage...the trunk holds three saddle bag liners easily and room to stuff smaller items around the corners.  It has enough power for my riding, so I have not done any additional engine work.  Someone asked how it did at 80.  I rarely go over 75, and if I do it is to pass, so I can't really say how it cruises at that speed.  I'm in Illinois where the roads really suck, so I go slower.
2004 SE Electra Glide, Hannigan Transformer Trike conversion, XM Radio, King TourPack, Memphis Shades Gradient Black 12" shield, Hoppe lowers vents, Freedom Pipes and PC package, Mustang Seat, Kuryakyn grips and highway pegs.

ParrotHD

• IL
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2019, 03:59:41 PM »

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2019, 04:31:56 PM »

Coolest Trike EVER! But I am a little partial to the 🎃.

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2019, 04:33:41 PM »

Say, you wouldn’t happen to have the old saddlebags or any other parts laying around that are just in your way and would want to sell?

ParrotHD

• IL
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2019, 05:26:08 PM »

I do have every part that came off of the original bike...BUT I'm keeping them all in case someone would want to convert it back.  The only part needed would be a swing arm, as it was cut to adapt the rear frame and suspension.  Sorry!

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2019, 05:48:51 PM »

I don’t blame you, these parts are getting hard to find!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.