Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: No longer just lurking  (Read 4412 times)

WideOpen

• FLHRSEI.ORG
No longer just lurking
« on: December 27, 2006, 03:11:28 PM »

Just got back from the dealer where my salesman informed me the ship date on my bike has been moved up from 1/12 to 1/10. I figured it was about time to go ahead and take the plunge and join up.

I've only been riding again for a little over a year after a 15 year layoff. I've always wanted a H-D and started saving for one years ago. Now that I have a deposit on one I'm extremely nervous about my choice. It' not so much the money, even though I'm looking at over 30 big one's out the door, it's the fact that I also have a real jones for a chopper these days. In my head I know Harley is the smart way to go and once I have my bike I'm sure I'll be thrilled I'll with it. ;D

Anyway, like I said I got back into riding last year. I was extremely depressed over the passing of my mother when I noticed one day a used Fat Boy sitting out front of the local Kawa/Suz/Yam dealer so I went in and asked how much they were asking. Turned out to be about as much as a new one. By this time I had bike fever badly and started thinking maybe I should get something smaller and ride it for awhile until my skills came back so I walked out of the place with a Suzuki DRZ-400SM supermoto. I figured after a few months I'd get myself a nice Harley. Well I like the little Suzuki so much it took me over a year of haunting all of the local H-D dealers before I decided to take the plunge.

I had test ridden both a new "07" Fatboy and a RK Classic and found them suprisingly easy to handle. Then one day I tried the Triumph Rocket Classic and while it's VERY fast, it's also a bear to handle both at speed and in a parking lot. Now the Road King, while just is about as heavy, hides it's weight very well and is a piece of cake in comparison to the Rocket. So I rode straight to my favorite H-D dealer and put my deposit down.

So anyway I'm happy to be hanging out with all of you and I believe I've made the right choice. ;D  

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: No longer just lurking
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 03:21:59 PM »

Welcome WideOpen,
Since you have been lurking you will be familiar with the idea of "hold on to your wallet" because the folks around here will show you how to spend it. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
You were smart in coming back to riding on a smaller bike and building you skills back.
You may want to get this video to pick up some more skills on handling a heavy bike.
http://www.ridelikeapro.com/

I know you will love your new bike. I hope you have many happy and safe miles on it. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 03:48:49 PM »

WideOpen,
Welcome to the site, and congrats on purchasing your new scooter. If you are worried about the chopper bug you need not. CVO's will get as many looks as choppers, you can ride them longer distances (comfortable), and you'll have more power then you can imagine (stock the run good, but if you are inclined/want to make some mods you can really gain all they have to offer). Don't get me wrong I like the looks of choppers, but don't think they are practical as an "only" bike unless all you want to do is ride locally to bike nights, hang out at your local bar/tavern, etc. JMHO

BTW - When your scooter comes in.......

[smiley=worthless.gif] [smiley=worthless.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 03:49:52 PM »

Welcome WideOpen, you'll be very pleased with your choice.

The jones for the chopper will pass, I have a DWG3 in the garage along side the SEUC and the WG doesn't get ridden much.

Nice to go for those long rides on the balloons.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 03:50:18 PM by Rjob749 »

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 03:58:23 PM »

Welcome.  I'm sure you'll really like you new RK.  It is a stunning bike. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 04:13:08 PM »

Just got back from the dealer where my salesman informed me the ship date on my bike has been moved up from 1/12 to 1/10. I figured it was about time to go ahead and take the plunge and join up.

I've only been riding again for a little over a year after a 15 year layoff. I've always wanted a H-D and started saving for one years ago. Now that I have a deposit on one I'm extremely nervous about my choice. It' not so much the money, even though I'm looking at over 30 big one's out the door, it's the fact that I also have a real jones for a chopper these days. In my head I know Harley is the smart way to go and once I have my bike I'm sure I'll be thrilled I'll with it. ;D

Anyway, like I said I got back into riding last year. I was extremely depressed over the passing of my mother when I noticed one day a used Fat Boy sitting out front of the local Kawa/Suz/Yam dealer so I went in and asked how much they were asking. Turned out to be about as much as a new one. By this time I had bike fever badly and started thinking maybe I should get something smaller and ride it for awhile until my skills came back so I walked out of the place with a Suzuki DRZ-400SM supermoto. I figured after a few months I'd get myself a nice Harley. Well I like the little Suzuki so much it took me over a year of haunting all of the local H-D dealers before I decided to take the plunge.

I had test ridden both a new "07" Fatboy and a RK Classic and found them suprisingly easy to handle. Then one day I tried the Triumph Rocket Classic and while it's VERY fast, it's also a bear to handle both at speed and in a parking lot. Now the Road King, while just is about as heavy, hides it's weight very well and is a piece of cake in comparison to the Rocket. So I rode straight to my favorite H-D dealer and put my deposit down.

So anyway I'm happy to be hanging out with all of you and I believe I've made the right choice. ;D  

Welcome WideOpen.....you have ahead a lot of roads to  [smiley=drink.gif] and you got a good choice .....the RK is a real KING OF THE ROAD!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Jorge

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 05:02:09 PM »

WELCOME TO A WIDEOPEN CVO SITE. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 03:08:59 AM »

A [size=14]great big CVO Welcome [/size]to this great site WideOpen.  [smiley=2vrolijk_20.gif] [smiley=vrolijk17.gif] [smiley=vrolijk17.gif] You will love it here.   [smiley=cherry.gif] ;)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 10:23:44 AM »

Welcome aboard and congras on the new RK. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and you won't regret your choice at all. Choppers are cool for bar hoppin' but thats about it. The RK is a real all around riding machine. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

WideOpen

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 07:02:41 PM »

Welcome aboard and congras on the new RK. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and you won't regret your choice at all.[highlight] Choppers are cool for bar hoppin' but thats about it.[/highlight] The RK is a real all around riding machine. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Yeah, and I don't even drink. :-? But I've had the fever bad ever since I test rode an AIH Tejas. I had a blast. The torque that bike had wth it's S&S 111 and rigid frame had to be felt to be believed. But in my heart I know H-D is the way to go and when I get my bike I'll probably forget all about Choppers. :)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 08:00:59 PM »

Welcome to the site..........always nice to get another SERK rider onboard.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Bagger

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 08:02:16 PM »

Welcome WideOpen.  Plenty of great experience to be shared on this site.  Enjoy.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 10:13:30 PM »

Welcome....Jump In The Water Is Warm...

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 11:21:50 AM »

Wideopen,

Welcome to the family.

You will love your new SERK, trust me.  And as d00d says... [smiley=worthless.gif]

Ride Safe,
Ghost

ima29

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2006, 12:20:05 PM »

Hey WideOpen,

We want to see pictures, spend your money and have fun. Welcome.

Kelly
I'm not broke, just badly bent!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 24 queries.