Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: klock works billboard windshield  (Read 1993 times)

flhrse4

klock works billboard windshield
« on: February 19, 2012, 10:56:09 AM »

Has anyone put a klock works billboard windshield on a 2008 flhrse4.  Or know of another windshiled which is suppose to act the same with a darker tint.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
Re: klock works billboard windshield
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 06:45:08 PM »

Clearview makes curved shields with different tints and sizes. they work well     billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

captainron62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 05:00:56 AM »

I  just ordered on for  my 07 SERK, so I will let you know how it works soon.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 07:51:38 PM »

Did you get the new shield yet? Thanks Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

captainron62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 08:52:57 AM »

Did you get the new shield yet? Thanks Billy

I ordered the 16in smoked, backordered until Mar 29!!!

I was bummed, I will let you all know when I get it, looking forward to it!

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 08:26:28 PM »

installed the new Klockwerks billboard .  Great really stops the updraft on the full face helmet. Less noise not sure about 15# downforce on forks . well worth the money. I had a clearview 17 inch shield before. I did like the thicker clearview but it does not perform as well as the billboard. Very happy. We rode an very windy days with great results.      Billy

captainron62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 09:17:39 PM »

installed the new Klockwerks billboard .  Great really stops the updraft on the full face helmet. Less noise not sure about 15# downforce on forks . well worth the money. I had a clearview 17 inch shield before. I did like the thicker clearview but it does not perform as well as the billboard. Very happy. We rode an very windy days with great results.      Billy

Thanks for the review, got tired of waiting on the backorder, cancelled mine today and ordered the klock werks fairing, dont have a ship confirm yet, so hoping the same thing doesnt happen.

Candy Cobalt

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 11:17:02 AM »

I`m also interested to buy this klock works billboard windshield. I sent a question but haven`t got reply. The story goes I want to keep my stock one available to install back anytime because it`s bigger than klock works. However, I`ve been trying to find to buy complete HD stock mounting hardware set. Do you think that I must buy all the parts seperately like this and all the other parts:

http://www.surdyke.com/AdvPartInfo.asp?PartNumber=58542-02

???

captainron62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 02:38:05 PM »

I`m also interested to buy this klock works billboard windshield. I sent a question but haven`t got reply. The story goes I want to keep my stock one available to install back anytime because it`s bigger than klock works. However, I`ve been trying to find to buy complete HD stock mounting hardware set. Do you think that I must buy all the parts seperately like this and all the other parts:

http://www.surdyke.com/AdvPartInfo.asp?PartNumber=58542-02

???

To my knowledge H-D doesnt sell just the hardware alone.  The best solution I have found is buying a damaged windshield on eBay or the such and just discarding the shield part and using the hardware.  I have seen them for around $70 or $80.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.