CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

2018 CVO Limited with Stage IV Cam Problem

(1/3) > >>

lanoseal:
Hi one and all

I have just taken delivery of a 2018 CVO Limited 117. I had a stage IV kit installed before delivery.

I traded a 2016 114 with a stage III and I found that the SE8-498 Cams (Stage III) much more ridable than the SE8-515 fitted with the stage IV. It seams that all the power is above 3000rpm where with the SE8-498 the power rolled on from about 1200 rpm

The question is, should I replace the SE8-515 with the SE8-498. I have a Mastertune TTS to tune the bike?

If I do so will it affect the warranty or cause me any grief?

Dave

hawgzilla:
What tune is in the bike now?  I will assume it’s the stageIV tune from the Harley Street tuner.  Major improvements would be expected from a real tune using TTS.  It WILL void any warranty if the bike shows up at a dealer with the TTS tune in the ECM, however the TTS allows one to return the ECM to its current status prior to taking it to a dealer.

grc:

Dave, hawgzilla gave you the answer relative to the TTS tune.  As to whether or not Harley would give you grief over swapping the cams you really should contact H-D for an answer (corporate, not the dealership).  If they don't offer a legal tune for that combination, even if you restore the legal Stage IV calibration (tune) with the TTS some jerk at a dealership or H-D could mess with you.  The odds are against that, but with Harley you never know. 

Jerry

kojak:
Don’t understand why people keep doing stage 4 upgrades where the power gains are at over 3000 rpm and so many end up with sumping issues.

teamshocker23:

--- Quote from: kojak on March 04, 2018, 12:51:08 PM ---Don’t understand why people keep doing stage 4 upgrades where the power gains are at over 3000 rpm and so many end up with sumping issues.

--- End quote ---
What do you mean sumping issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version