Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: I do not have a 117 in my 07 CVO Electra Glide  (Read 3251 times)

07CVOEG

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

I do not have a 117 in my 07 CVO Electra Glide
« on: July 06, 2017, 01:05:24 PM »

Seems after a talk with the original owner I was misled by the dealer...so while I have a dyno sheet with 118hp/120tq he does not know exactly what is in the motor. and I am a little mad at the selling dealer. he gave me a $100.00 gift card to try an smooth it over...I thought I had a new topend at the very least. The bike runs very well and overall I feel this is a good bike very well taken care of.

I don't want to get into bashing a dealer online I just wanted to come clean on this with what I know now an Happy 4th to all. it's been a busy fun week. I'm a new guy so and I post it here trying to straighten out my story. Dan
S&S 585 cam, Jackpot 2/1/2 exhaust, unidentified as of yet domed pistons.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: I do not have a 117 in my 07 CVO Electra Glide
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 03:06:36 PM »

Dan,

Welcome. As you read more posts, you will find out that we, the customers and owners often know more about the bikes than the salesmen. Two months ago I was at San Jose HD to pick up some parts. I saw in the used section an '06 CVO Ultra like mine. The salesman came over and we talked. He swore it had the 110. I told him the 110s didn't come out until '07. He said ALL CVOs had 110s. I had to walk away.

Topic change. Are you available for a nice long ride? It would be great if you could join us for the CVO Get Together in Cody/Yellowstone. Invite your other friends who ride too. The dates are Sept 3-8. You will find more details in the "Events" section of this forum.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 03:22:24 PM »

I have had many of those conversations with HD Salesmen over the years. 90% of them have zero product knowledge and or denial about the 110 issues. I gave up trying to educate them. Walk away is best as you say.

JKM

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 04:37:05 PM »

an easy way for them to make it up to you is to install the 117 Kit on their tab!

Do you have it in writing that the bike has the 117" kit?  If so, it should be easy to have a frank discussion about what they need to do to make it right.
2008 FLHRSE4 (105 Anni)- V&H Dresser duals and slash cut mufflers, Big Sucker AI, PCV, Woods 777, JPrecision Heads

Toofast_28

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 05:27:10 PM »

an easy way for them to make it up to you is to install the 117 Kit on their tab!

Do you have it in writing that the bike has the 117" kit?  If so, it should be easy to have a frank discussion about what they need to do to make it right.

I agree with this, if they advertised it and sold it as a 117, they need to make it right.

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 05:32:40 PM »

118hp/120tq are not factory 110 numbers, and if it was worked w/585s and 10.6 pistons, even that would come in lower than those numbers. So, besides all the he said she said, how do you know you don't have a 117 kit on it?

The dealer might strip out whatever you have and install you a nice new 117 kit and you'll have a motor with numbers lower than you already have.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 06:37:32 PM »

Seems after a talk with the original owner I was misled by the dealer...so while I have a dyno sheet with 118hp/120tq he does not know exactly what is in the motor. and I am a little mad at the selling dealer. he gave me a $100.00 gift card to try an smooth it over...I thought I had a new topend at the very least. The bike runs very well and overall I feel this is a good bike very well taken care of.

I assume you test rode the bike.  since you bought the bike, I also assume that you were happy with the performance during said test ride.  now, would it really matter if the bike were a 117, or even a 103 if the performance made you smile?

doesn't the original owner know what was done to the bike?

since the dealer gave you a $100 gift card, I would be happy and move on.  after all, like Coloradotom said, you might end up with a motor that has the size number you want, that doesn't perform as well as what you have now.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 07:27:02 PM »

120 / 129 are my numbers with a 117"kit, full V&H plus Dyno.

Toofast_28

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 09:05:41 PM »

Maybe the solution here is to have them dyno it and see what it really has?

07CVOEG

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 07:37:48 AM »

All good points.  1st nothing in the written advertizing 117.
2nd I bought the bike because it runs well an better than what I have experience with.

I want to learn about my bike an work on making it the way I want it. the problems the 07 110 has I thought would be addressed by now or at least I hope. it has 55k on it. an about 15k since last work done by roaders. I will ride it until something shows up an fix it when it does. I really do not know what we a talking about other than lifters being a problem for some. wife has an 08 softail with 45k on it an it's a great bike. it has the compensator noise from time to time. primary oil looks good no real metal on magnet.  so hopefully I'll pick up some knowledge here an enjoy life. I'll try an upload a pic here see how that goes

ultrarider123

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 08:57:27 AM »

All good points.  1st nothing in the written advertizing 117.
2nd I bought the bike because it runs well an better than what I have experience with.

I want to learn about my bike an work on making it the way I want it. the problems the 07 110 has I thought would be addressed by now or at least I hope. it has 55k on it. an about 15k since last work done by roaders. I will ride it until something shows up an fix it when it does. I really do not know what we a talking about other than lifters being a problem for some. wife has an 08 softail with 45k on it an it's a great bike. it has the compensator noise from time to time. primary oil looks good no real metal on magnet.  so hopefully I'll pick up some knowledge here an enjoy life. I'll try an upload a pic here see how that goes

I may not be a smart man but that dyno sheet doesn't say squat on the actual bike tested, just the results and atmospheric conditions.  Most of the ones I've seen here on the site and on previous bikes show all of the information yours does including what bike, modification, VIN, etc.  You do want to trust the dealer/seller and it sounds like you are pleased with the power on your bike but you also want to know WHAT you have in modifications and corresponding paperwork supporting those facts.  When you go to sell or trade down the road, the next dealer/owner will want it as well.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:02:37 AM by Haird »

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 09:44:08 AM »

Maybe I missed it but have you called Roeder to ask them what they know about your bike?

Like the others have said. If you're happy with the performance what difference does it make? Get the bike dynoed again to verify the results and give you some peace of mind and then just have fun with it. 118/120 makes for a fun ride regardless of how may CI get you there!

07CVOEG

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 01:01:06 PM »

Haird it's good to see this must be a tolerant site, and I agree the sheet could be for any bike...I believe the PO did have some work done and we have exchanged # he has given me some things that came with the bike and over all seemed to be OK and not to concerned about  details. my loss here unless we talk some more. I'm inclined to just ride it and enjoy and if it ever becomes necessary I'll do the work and will know what I have.

I would think it has a better cam in it by the graph,,,,better more experienced eye might tell me more or otherwise.

I have come to terms with it it is what it is I don't need proof or any more #'s . maybe a call to roaders would get the info but gee that sounds like a well I hope they would be helpful.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 01:05:26 PM »

Haird it's good to see this must be a tolerant site, and I agree the sheet could be for any bike...I believe the PO did have some work done and we have exchanged # he has given me some things that came with the bike and over all seemed to be OK and not to concerned about  details. my loss here unless we talk some more. I'm inclined to just ride it and enjoy and if it ever becomes necessary I'll do the work and will know what I have.

I would think it has a better cam in it by the graph,,,,better more experienced eye might tell me more or otherwise.

I have come to terms with it it is what it is I don't need proof or any more #'s . maybe a call to roaders would get the info but gee that sounds like a well I hope they would be helpful.

Well, now that that's settled, why don't you plan on joining us for a ride to Cody, WY and Yellowstone. It will be Sept 3-8th. You can find more info under the Events section. It's a great way to meet up with members, ride THE BEST roads, and have fun.

Hope you can join us.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2017, 07:05:01 PM »

Well, now that that's settled, why don't you plan on joining us for a ride to Cody, WY and Yellowstone. It will be Sept 3-8th. You can find more info under the Events section. It's a great way to meet up with members, ride THE BEST roads, and have fun.

Hope you can join us.

Mark

Sitting in Cody Wy myself right now. Heading for Red Lodge Mt in the morning through the pass. Business of course, needed to put some 90 MPH miles on the MX Pipe. ;D

This ride is Highly recommended, you will meet some awesome people!

Steve@fullsac.com
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 07:09:08 PM by Fullsac Performance »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

07CVOEG

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2017, 08:09:55 PM »

I only wish I could I have been in that area many times and never get tired of the idea of doing it again. have fun an enjoy I probably won't be able to make any group rides this year. Thanks for the invite I retire next year and we will have to see what that brings.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.