Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Why Bikers Get A Bad Rap!  (Read 4222 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Why Bikers Get A Bad Rap!
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2008, 01:11:27 PM »

Brian, we didn't have the same equipment available but we were them once.  For that matter in a very guy kind of way we're still proud of some of our stupid stuff.  But I'll be damned; we really didn't know everything then after all.  Dad was right. 

Just because it took us awhile to figure it out doesn't mean it's not worth at least the effort to make common sense more available.  Kids won't take it.  That's for sure.  They never have and never will.  But lessening the consequences for them and everyone else is worthwhile even if it only happens here and there.  That being said, riding like was in the video is just dumb. 

What's the old movie line?  "I just want to be free to ride my machine."   All we need is to be left alone as much as possible.  Riding like that will have neither pissed off cagers nor half bright legislators/agency folks leaving us alone.

"What do we want? What do we want?

We want to be free......free to ride our machines.....and not be hassled by the man!!!

And we wanna get loaded!"!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 01:13:13 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2008, 02:17:42 PM »

All true.  Nobody went 160-180 on a street bike then - at least in the crowd I rode with.  At the time it was a helluvalottafun.  After a few friends cracked up it became less so.
1986 ZX10 could hit 160.
1983/84 GPZ 750 Turbo north of 150.
They had plenty of power, it was the chassis and brakes that were scary!
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2008, 06:04:11 AM »

Gotta tell you guys a true story that happened to me about 10 years ago. I was driving my truck up north with my wife & then 3 year old daughter when 2 morons like that were doing that in front, behind & beside me for about 10 miles. I was just about to use my cell phone to call the cops when they dropped out of site. My wife & daughter were hysterical with their antics. As luck would have it I pulled into a gas station  up the road for fuel & food & the same 2 idiots pulled in as I was having a burg. They both went in the washroom together & here was my chance to have a "talk"with them. I "convinced" the slimeballs of their wrongdoings & warned them if I ever saw them do that again they would get more of the same next time. Ten minutes after I left they pulled up behind me again and guess what: they held their speed limit for the 30 or so miles I was in front of them. Afterwards, I thought what I did was kind of stupid as well because who knows if they had a gun, knife or whatever. BUT I gotta tell you, that felt good. :2vrolijk_21:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2008, 09:43:11 AM »

1986 ZX10 could hit 160.
1983/84 GPZ 750 Turbo north of 150.
They had plenty of power, it was the chassis and brakes that were scary!

My "back then" is 1970's.  Drum brakes on Kawas & Yamas that did not work all that well & did not seem to work at all when wet.  Not sure if it was tires, frame, suspension, or handlebar mounts, but felt like it was trying to shake you off & yep that was scary - but also FUN!  We figured 120+ was fast but as with most all things of my dinosaurian era, we did not known what we knew even though we were certain we knew what we did, but we didn't know so much after all even though we thought we did know it all.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2008, 04:21:16 PM »

My "back then" is 1970's.  Drum brakes on Kawas & Yamas that did not work all that well & did not seem to work at all when wet.  Not sure if it was tires, frame, suspension, or handlebar mounts, but felt like it was trying to shake you off & yep that was scary - but also FUN!  We figured 120+ was fast but as with most all things of my dinosaurian era, we did not known what we knew even though we were certain we knew what we did, but we didn't know so much after all even though we thought we did know it all.

:nixweiss:

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2008, 04:24:26 PM »

:nixweiss:

If I explained it, I'd have to kill myself first.

;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2008, 03:58:17 PM »

Can we just declare open season on idiots like this and pop them as they cly by like clay pidgeons?  whoops, was that my outside voice? :'(
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2008, 01:14:27 AM »

These guys are definitly IDIOTS!! :zstupid:

I don't care how good you are, there is a place for that!!

It does not matter how good you are, if someone else doesn't see you coming and decides to move over or whatever, then you become toast!! If someone moved over and one of those IDIOTS ran into them and got hurt, they would be crying and say, it was the drivers fault, that they moved over!!

I never want to see anyone get hurt on a bike, but if you are out there asking for it like these IDIOTS are, well then you deserve to get what you ask for!!

If this was on a track or in a place where it belongs, then it's great riding, but to see it on a public road with all that traffic around, it's not great riding!! If you think it is such great riding, tell me how great it is when one of the IDIOTS runs into someone possibly kills them, how great is that?? What if one of these IDIOTS was doing this around you or someone you know, how great would that be!! Stupid-Azzzzzzzz!!!!

Be smart people, don't ruin a good thing!!

MIKE :sauer052:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.