Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone ever had this happen  (Read 771 times)

SPIDERMAN

Anyone ever had this happen
« on: June 18, 2006, 10:20:20 PM »

Got up this morning with the idea wifey and I were going to spend some quality time on Elvis ridin the PCH. Turned the key switch, nothing , nada, nyet. Not even so much as a flicker of the dash lights. Hooked a charger to the battery and the needle was bouncin like a pimp's lowrider. Turned on the switch and all the lights were gettin jiggey wit da same rap as that charger needle.  Anyone ever see this before ? Any ideas, suggestions.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Anyone ever had this happen
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 11:23:52 PM »

Spidey;
I assume you checked the basics..tight battery cable, ect? Do you have a volt meter, and if so check the voltage with the bike off, then again with the ignition on, see what it reads...
but it sounds like your battery went for a ride to the heavens ::). These sealed gel batteries work great but when they go, they just go, no warning...

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 11:54:45 PM »

Sounds like the charger may have been on pulse, usuall when trying a high output quick charge. Best bet is the lowest trickle charge setting but it will take a long time. Regardless, unless you left something on chances are the battery checked out. Have had it happen on my Semi Tractor - no warning - rough waking up in a rest area and not even a click! - and thats with a four battery bank - seems when one goes they kill the others they are hooked up to! I love the gel batteries in the bike but went back to cheap basics in the truck just gonna change them every year need to or not, cheap insurance.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 10:13:11 PM »

OK, we have a new battery and Elvis cranks over, but will not start. Beags can hear the fuel pump running and we got spark coming from the spark plugs.  Me and Beags are thinking the ECM or SERT is somehow involved in not telling the fuel system to deliver fuel to the injectors

Any opinions ?  

Next step is the dreaded last resort - - - - - - -Elvis gets a trailer ride  ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 22 queries.