Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What size Ape Hanger/Monkey Bar to go with??????  (Read 8244 times)

Glide Boy

• Full CVO Member
What size Ape Hanger/Monkey Bar to go with??????
« on: August 17, 2012, 06:03:32 PM »

Hey Everyone,

Just got back from Sturgis and fell in love with the look of ape hangers on Road Glides.  Just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with Paul Yaffe's Monkey Bars.  I called and talked to Brady and their shop, and he was very helpful.  I am right at 6'0 tall with a 32-34" inseam, and am torn between a 10" Monkey Bar or their 12" Monkey Bar.  I feel like the stock bars need to come up and back just a hair.  I don't want something too tall, but at almost $500 bucks, I want to get it right the first time.  Are ape hangers as comfortable as everyone says?  Also, if any of you have changed them, what cables need to be lengthened? 

Thanks,

Glide Boy

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: What size Ape Hanger/Monkey Bar to go with??????
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 07:31:40 PM »

glide boy,   I have PY 12" on my RG and I'm 75' tall.  12" are NOT too much for me.  Did tons of research and found that the 10" bars werent really much difference than stock.  I did a bit of a write up here http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=5389 that may provide some help.

I wish you luck if you're doing the work yourself. The wire pull on the PY bars are cruel and unusual. I went with 6" longer hydraulic lines but the wires in the fairing are a plenty.  I'm very pleased with how they look and feel.

Glide Boy

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 07:55:06 PM »

Thanks for the info

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 10:59:54 AM »

I did the 10" Paul Yaffe Monkey Bars:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=73326.0

I'm 6' tall with a 34" inseam and they work great for me. I just got back from Sturgis and very comfortable on long rides.

With the 10" Monkey Bars, I didn't have to change anything...used stock wiring, hydraulic clutch line and brake line.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 11:37:52 AM »

18's.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

icufltrn

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 fltruse
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 11:53:56 AM »

What ever size you are thinking of going go the next size taller. I originally was going to go with 12.5 and went with 14s. I just ordered 16s though.  I have wild ones chubby apes. I am 5'10" wih 30-32 inch inseam.

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 25 queries.