Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 09 VROD Muscle  (Read 6245 times)

Pufahl

• CVO2: 2009 V-ROD Muscle
09 VROD Muscle
« on: July 20, 2009, 01:21:54 PM »

I have 09 VROD Muscle with 2200 miles and noticed a slight film of oil on the left side of the rear head that appeared to come from the rocker arm cover seal. This just developed after a 4 hrs ride on Saturday. Has anyone had the same condition? Plan to talk to HD about it, but would like to know a little more before I talk to them. Suspect this can be corrected by resealing rocker arm cover. However, this should not be happening with only 2200 miles.

Your thoughts.....

REGGAB

Re: 09 VROD Muscle
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 08:08:05 PM »

Welcome, Dale.  Was going to direct you here, but see you are already in the right place.  Search within this board and the SEVROD board, and you may find what you're looking for, since the SE models have the 1250 as well.  At any rate, not sure you'd want the chimps with tools at Rocket trying to fix this challenge.  Better to do it yourself or pay someone like Rod and rest easy knowing it was done properly.  Welcome to CVO Harley.

Henry

REGGAB

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 12:50:03 AM »

Welcome, Dale.  Was going to direct you here, but see you are already in the right place.  Search within this board and the SEVROD board, and you may find what you're looking for, since the SE models have the 1250 as well.  At any rate, not sure you'd want the chimps with tools at Rocket trying to fix this challenge.  Better to do it yourself or pay someone like Rod and rest easy knowing it was done properly.  Welcome to CVO Harley.

Henry

That's thing is running pretty good now that you've gotten that SYN III out of there and poured in some Amsoil, aint it Dale?  Fun ride today.  Just finished my 35K service save for critical fasteners.  Will do those in the morning when the bike is cold.  Hope you find an exhaust system that makes you happy.  They're out there........just be sure you get some performance data before you make a decision and pull the trigger on new exhaust.

Pufahl

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 08:15:51 AM »

Great ride yesterday! Our next ride lets hits some roads in the hills with lots of curves and sights along the way. After getting caught in the rain I'm going to buy an after market bag that I can put on my luggage rack.  Found one  will work for the interim at BAGTEC
http://www.bagtec.com/Mini-GranTourBag/ . This will work until a hard shell is available for the luggage rack.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 09:07:11 AM »

Check the breather hose @ the air box. Its hard to see but may have not been installed right.  :2vrolijk_21:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Pufahl

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 09:15:17 AM »

Thanks....will check it and let you know if it helps.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.