Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: need educating by the wireless experts  (Read 379 times)

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
need educating by the wireless experts
« on: September 13, 2019, 07:10:10 PM »

okay, so the wife and i are looking into getting bluetooth comms for our bikes.  she rides her own.  we both have 2019 road glide specials with the boombox gts system.  right now, we do not already own any bluetooth comms setups so we're starting from scratch.  because of this, we are looking at the whim, and the hd branded sena 20s system.  mostly for the ease of plug and play, and not having to do any creative workarounds.  understand that the non hd sena systems will play in mono vs. stereo when utilizing the whim.

some of my concerns are when we are local and not using the headsets.  will we still be able to use apple CarPlay and have the output come out of the speakers?  i've read where people are taking their headsets, turning them on, and then tossing them into the saddlebag.  is that necessary?  right now, we have the workaround where the gts has been flashed for the whim, without the whim being installed, so we have apple CarPlay, only without the mic functions.

so, in short, i don't know what i don't know.  and am i going about this wrong?  i don't necessarily want to be able to carry on phone conversations while riding, but i would like to be able to have comms with the wife, and take emergency calls if necessary.  i really like the 'hacked' CarPlay, but occasionally find the lack of a mic a shortcoming.

can y'all hook us up?
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 25 queries.