CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Gear Drive Cams Currently in Use in 103 CVO

(1/2) > >>

skippy49:
Has anyone already converted their 103 chain driven cams to gear drive?  If so, what cams did you use and what other mod's have you done to your engine?  A lot of talk about possibilities for cams for this engine, but how about some feedback from those who have already made the change.  Did you see an improvement?  Any suggestions for doing it differently than you originally did?   Tell us what you think!

hd-dude:
Skippy,
Some here have already gone to the bolt in Freedom cams made by andrews.:

See this thread;
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1132119717

Other, including myself are waiting for the results on the Zippers bolt in cams from DC and Unbalanced before making the swap.

skippy49:
The Freedom cam might be an alternative but when I called them they said they only install them, themselves.  That eliminates anyone living some distance from them.  I'm waiting on Zippers too, but I need to get this done by the end of Feb. and it's not looking like that might be possible.  So that's why I'd like to see if anyone has used any of the readily available cams out there now.  I may have to be my own guinea pig and see what I can come up with to try.

DCFIREMANN:

--- Quote ---The Freedom cam might be an alternative but when I called them they said they only install them, themselves.
--- End quote ---

Unbalanced:
Dawg,

I hate redundancy but to keep all the info concise and together Dan stated they havent yet worked on your bike.   Its still in line waiting to be tested.

Some other great news I picked up the Pumpkin tonight, so I am sure it will be ready for the testing.   Jim already has one cam mounted into a 2nd Cam Support Plate to help speed up the in's and outs.   We are also going to put in new bearings while we are there and will double check the cam shoes while we are in there.  

Also Dawg are they going to do any testing with your stock throttle body vs. the 50mm you have now ?

-harry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version