CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Increased RPM's??

(1/1)

Johnny:
In reading the HD catolog I noted that various SE ignition systems will increase the max RPM's to 6200-7000.  My question is that when using the race tuner does it also allow for the increase of max RPM's??  Perhaps some of you that have installed the race tuner could comment.  Am going to have the SE A/C, SE mufflers and race tuner installed on my SEEG next week and was wondering about the increased red line.  Thanks

widerider:
The race tuner will allow a higher red line . [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

starvin:
Johnny, looks like you'll have the exact same setup I have, my bike ran very lean with the base map thats on the race tuner, I had to do some tuning to make it run right. Just keep an eye on it and maybe you won't end up with a sore arm like mine from rubbing the blue away on the pipes.......yea changing the rev limiter with the RT takes two clicks of the mouse pg.48 of the manual shows you how....but just becuse you can does'nt mean you should [smiley=wreck.gif]

SERK03:
The stock cam runs out at about 5450 rpms.  No reason to go beyond about 5600 with a stroker motor.  Remember that you can't compare RPM range between a regular twin cam and a stroker.

SERK03

PCC:
I can't agree more with you guys! Every part of the valve train components is made for 5500-5700 RPM. Acceleration-wise you might be waistin time even going that high. Also, the piston rings on the 103 are thinner than on a stock twin cam by .002 or so and compacted in a tighter area due to the smaller (height-wise) stroker piston. On a stroker the piston travels farther each stroke = more heat to disipate and more friction. Get some cams that produce low rpm grunt. [smiley=laugh.gif]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version