CVO Technical > Twin Cam

New

(1/3) > >>

mfgreen:
I have an 03 SERK and would like to satisfy the need for additional power and performance while maintaining reliability.

H-D_Tech:
Goldiron,

There is a ton of power right there in your engine waiting.  If you were to simply change cams, pistons and have headwork done or replace the heads, you would have the stroker motor that you can build from the Parts and Accessory catalog and more.  The production 103's must meet emissions etc.  The production strokers are 9:1 compression.  My personal opinion is that you could either have your existing heads shaved and flowed (or buy heads), change to the forged pistons, 257, 258 or 260 cams, and have exhaust mods.  Would you believe that my mufflers were Screamin Eagle's that were modified?   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Anyhoo, then the Race Tuner loads a stroker map and you adjust fuel from there.  And, of course you would go with a larger throttle body, right?...  
Food for thought, I think it would fly.  I feel confident it would walk away from mine then...  

mfgreen:
H_D_TECH,
Does the larger throttle body have a H-D part number and is there more than one to choose from?
Will the bottom end of the motor take the additional power? or Do I have to go to Delkron cases different bearings different crank and different rods.  My point being that at some point in time the mods become overwhelming to the reliability or integrity of the OEM parts and the manufacturer (H-D) does not make these paths of modification abundantly clear due to the governmental interests in the non modification of the motors for EPA compliance.

Mike

H-D_Tech:

--- Quote ---H_D_TECH,
Does the larger throttle body have a H-D part number and is there more than one to choose from?
Will the bottom end of the motor take the additional power? or Do I have to go to Delkron cases different bearings different crank and different rods.
--- End quote ---

H-D_Tech:

--- Quote ---I have an 03 SERK and would like to satisfy the need for additional power and performance while maintaining reliability.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version