Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Riding Flaming Gorge area.....  (Read 8563 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Riding Flaming Gorge area.....
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2018, 08:32:45 PM »

Thanks for sharing JC. Miss seeing you. Maybe one day we can discuss how in your travels you find the places when you are traveling to stay and work? Glad you are still riding!

BigLew

Yes, any time you or anybody else is interested in learning about this life style (full time RVing) and/or all the short term workamping jobs that we do in various areas of the country (RV Park hosts in Buena Vista next summer is our next position....20 hrs. a week, 10 hours each.....covers our space and full hook ups for 50 amp.  I can handle two days at 5 hours each day.......we got this!    :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2018, 01:48:15 PM »

Another side benefit is that there's some beautiful country to ride around here....

Sheep Creek Geological Loop is well worth taking an hour to ride.  This canyon reminds me of the mountains of northern California. 

[img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/834/43552379232_f3cc24d44a_b.jpg[/img
Another thanks JCZ :2vrolijk_21:! Curious to know if the Sheep Creek Geological Loop is paved? It appears from your photos that at least some of it is paved and as I'm leery of loose gravel, wondering whether hard packed if there are some gravel portions.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2018, 04:02:13 PM »

Another thanks JCZ :2vrolijk_21:! Curious to know if the Sheep Creek Geological Loop is paved? It appears from your photos that at least some of it is paved and as I'm leery of loose gravel, wondering whether hard packed if there are some gravel portions.

Most of it is paved.  There is an area, maybe 100 yrds. long that is graded, hardpacked dirt road (no gravel).  As a matter of fact, it's packed to the point that I saw guys riding through there without even slowing down.  Of course, more than likely it's covered in snow right now.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

FreestateSE3

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2012 FLSTSE Convertible
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2018, 09:47:19 AM »

Thanks for posting JC!  On one of our western rides, we camped at Flaming Gorge on the way from Jackson Hole to the Dinosaur Quarry.  My wife was not amused by the road to Vernal😜.  I’m just glad we weren’t riding it at night in the rain...😱
Don
Rolling Thunder, Inc.
Virginia Chapter 1
"Never Again"
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 25 queries.