Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Headed Out  (Read 5847 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Headed Out
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2007, 09:59:50 AM »

Today’s GPS tracks. First one is from home to Big Meadows where I met up w/TC & Diva.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Hey, Gary, it looks like you took a wrong turn after you left the house and went north when you meant to go south?  Or, was there a good breakfast spot up there or somethin'? :nixweiss:

REGGAB

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2007, 10:07:15 AM »

Hey, Gary, it looks like you took a wrong turn after you left the house and went north when you meant to go south?  Or, was there a good breakfast spot up there or somethin'? :nixweiss:

No such thing as a wrong turn when riding.................just ride and enjoy.  It's really pretty doggone simple.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2007, 10:12:03 AM »

I met TC/Diva at Big Meadows Visitors Center on Skyline Drive. Meeting them there gave me more time to spend riding w/them. I could have waited for them where I entered the parkway @ Swift Run Gap Entrance (Rt. 33) or other alternative would have been to meet them at the end of Skyline Drive beginning of Blue Ridge Parkway, but it was a great day to be on the parkway and even better to be riding w/friends from here. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2007, 10:14:46 AM »

No such thing as a wrong turn when riding.................just ride and enjoy.  It's really pretty doggone simple.

Well, I was just teasin' Gary since he posted his tracks, but ask some of the guys from MV06 . . . there were some wrong turns made, even with (because of?) GPS! :huepfenlol2: :oops: :nervous:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2007, 10:25:14 AM »

Well, I was just teasin' Gary since he posted his tracks, but ask some of the guys from MV06 . . . there were some wrong turns made, even with (because of?) GPS! :huepfenlol2: :oops: :nervous:

You will notice in the picture of this track there was some "backpedaling" done...

TC and I both needed gas when we got off parkway and was going to head east to get on Rt. 29 to head back home. Once I started going east I looked for closest gas stations on the Zumo and as we were travelling east they kept getting further away and the directional arrow was pointing at me. :oops: So we did turn around and head back west to Buena Vista to get gas. After getting gas I hit "Go Home" and found I was really close to I81 and after a long day of 35 - 50 mph riding I was ready to let the :pumpkin: eat some Interstate. ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

REGGAB

« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2007, 11:03:53 AM »

That's part of the adventure...........miles from nowhere...........fuel light on...........no idea where you are...........I love it.  Yet another reason I will not run a GPS.  I prefer Old School paper maps.  It is all about the ride, finding out where this road or that road goes and committing it to memory for the next time.  Love it.  Love it.  Love it.  That is why I say there is no such thing as a wrong turn when riding a motorcycle.  :2vrolijk_21:

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2007, 11:44:07 AM »

That is why I say there is no such thing as a wrong turn when riding a motorcycle.  :2vrolijk_21:

Amen......  :2vrolijk_21:
LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!

REGGAB

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2007, 11:50:00 AM »

Amen......  :2vrolijk_21:

Yessir!  Amen!  It's all about the journey.  The destination dosen't mean chit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 22 queries.