Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing grips  (Read 1155 times)

Full Throttle

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Changing grips
« on: April 18, 2007, 10:33:24 PM »

I just went to the garage to change the grips on my bike. Bought the Kuryakn ISO Grips with throttle boss. Is there a way to remove the stock 05 grips without ruining them? I was about to wedge a screwdriver between the grip and the bar but dont want to damage the chrome.  Any suggestions on removing the stock grips appreciated.

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
Re: Changing grips
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 02:11:53 PM »

I too figured this to be an easy change.  I made the same change to an 06 SEFB.  Man I do not know what glue the Moco uses, but it sure do weld plastic.  I worked slowly and carefully until it came to removing the inner rubber slide from the grip.  Long story short left grip is a gonner.  Well I had no plans to reuse them anyway.  The Kury ISO grips look awesome and give a more secure feel.  Good luck with the changeover.  Randy

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Re: Changing grips
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 09:51:31 PM »

I just went to the garage to change the grips on my bike. Bought the Kuryakn ISO Grips with throttle boss. Is there a way to remove the stock 05 grips without ruining them? I was about to wedge a screwdriver between the grip and the bar but dont want to damage the chrome.  Any suggestions on removing the stock grips appreciated.

Full throttle,

I assume you have an 05 SE Fatboy. It is very easy to get them off they are a glueless design & only held on by the switch housing. Remove the screws on the switch housing & presto the grip will come right off (similar on the throttle side just a bit of dicking around with the cables). I assume this is the same type of fitment on other models. I had a pair of Aileron grips recently which I fitted but did not like the feel & had them on & off in a flash. I like the feel of the big fat stock grips better

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 24 queries.