Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fb frame vs. sefb frame(nevermind it is the same)  (Read 1068 times)

MikeDCMF

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2005 Screaming Eagle Fat Boy Platnum/Silver
fb frame vs. sefb frame(nevermind it is the same)
« on: July 06, 2006, 04:53:55 PM »

Are the screaming eagle fb frames the same as the regular fb frames? the reason I ask is my new rb racing pipe arrived today and the install is to be a cinch but it doesn't quite look like the mounting matches quite right. Called tech support but no one currently available. would like to do the install myself but hate getting fustrated (causes me to drink too much) Was told the softtails are a piece of cake to install.

Mike
I was panicking( there are two holes in the frame that have inserts in them instead of bolts) oh well, no tequilla tonite (maybe tomorrow)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 06:11:17 PM by MikeDCMF »

SPIDERMAN

Re: fb frame vs. sefb frame(nevermind it is the sa
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 06:17:06 PM »

Hey Mike,
            Sometimes we all need someone to talk to. We're here for you Dude   [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
Re: fb frame vs. sefb frame(nevermind it is the sa
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 07:18:03 PM »

Mike,

You'll need to remove the stock pipes and frame colored mounting arm the factory uses that you won't need anymore.  Pull out the 2 chrome plugs in the standard frame mount and that's where you'll bolt the aftermarket pipes to.  You can re-use the chrome plugs in the holes where the mounting arm was. Enjoy the tequilla.

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.