Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Corbin Seat Designer  (Read 3040 times)

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
Corbin Seat Designer
« on: January 30, 2015, 03:21:51 PM »

Hi All:

If you haven't been by Corbin.com drooling over seats lately (like me), you might be interested to know that they have a virtual seat builder.

Pretty neat tool that gives you a great idea of what the different color/material combinations look like.

Happy Friday!

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

Nemosengineer

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Re: Corbin Seat Designer
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 09:47:11 PM »

Very cool stuff, thanks for the link.

: Mike

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 08:19:31 PM »

I'm actually pretty pissed over that designer. Went and did a Gunslinger for the wife's CVO Fatboy and it spit out all the options on how to configure it for order. It showed NO BACKREST hole. She did not want a riders backrest and the ugly flap. We order as stated from configuration.

It comes in and sure enough has the flap. I call Corbin and see if they will make it right because it did not state anywhere that the riders backrest is a "standard" on all softail seats. I say it doesn't specify that on the page or the website (we did not order a backrest with it).  They say you should have looked at their beauty pics of the seat on the site.

They say of COURSE we will make it right just send us your BRAND NEW IN BOX seat and another check for $300 and we will be happy to fix it.

They were pompous and rude and I won't own another. Priori to this incident I woukd own nothing else. Pretentious jerks.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 08:21:02 PM by TIF2 »
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 09:45:09 PM »

tif, call the Florida location and ask for Sergio. Real good guy. Tell him that Ted from Mass told you to ask for him. I don't know if it will help, but he has been great to deal with. Good luck.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 10:14:09 PM »

We've read about their customer service over the phone and at best, it sucks.  I think most of the time you're talking to those girls that work in the office and not one of the techs.

They also don't know that many models of CVOs the seat is a bit different from the same base model.  ie  CVO Street Glide vs. a regular Street Glide.  They are different!

If you're going to order a Corbin I suggest you call the guy that works on CVOs daily (and lives not far from the factory where all Corbin seats are made....Hollister), Jim.  That's Jim aka hd-dude on this forum, owner of Metal Dragon in Hayward, Ca.

No consolation for you, Tif2.....but I've seen hundreds if not thousands of Corbin seats and I don't recall ever seeing one that didn't have the hole for the backrest.  Not much help to you at this point....just an observation.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 10:16:41 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 07:01:00 AM »

Thanks JCZ. I will PM Jim and see if he can help.
We ordered my Streetglide Gunslinger the same way. NO FLAP or hole.

It was their attitude more than anything that spun me up. BP still goes through the roof when I think about it.

Oh. Also forgot to mention we ordered the saddle diamond stitched to match a streetglide seat and it came in single stitched vs double stitched like my seat.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 07:08:10 AM by TIF2 »
TIF2

sygibson

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2008 Softail Springer Screamin' Eagle - CVO - FXSTSSE2
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 04:19:27 PM »

TIF2,

Really sorry you had a bad experience w/ Corbin/  I've owned two Corbin saddles.  The first I inherited on a bike I bought when living in Santa Cruz, CA - it had a custom Gunslinger w/ black leather and white leather flame stitched in...  I went in to Hollister and they took my saddle apart and re-shaped it to fit my bum.  No charge.  This was back in 1998 (I believe). 

Since then I bought my CVO Softail Springer (2008) - and the first thing I did was take her in to Corbin to have a custom Dual Touring saddle built for us.  I'm fortunate enough to be about 90 minutes away from the Hollister factory ...

I have to admit that the Corbin website is pretty ... bad.  You have to wade through lots and lots and lots of pix on various bikes to get "ideas" on what you can do.  It's pretty overwhelming when you consider all of the options.  The online configurator helps a lot.  But it still is lacking in a lot of ways too.

All of my interactions with their customer service/support people, and the techs custom building the saddle were very positive.  I know it really sucks to have a bad interaction ... first of all, receiving a product with a "feature" you don't want and didn't realize was "standard" ... and then having a poor attitude flung at you when you try and get it corrected....   

One generic suggestion I'd make when purchasing high dollar, highly customized parts/pieces/add-ons/accessories/whatevers (!!) ... spend way way more time researching it than you think you should.  Look at lots of pictures ... read as many reviews as you can ... pick at every tiny detail you see in the pix.  As far as I recall (I haven't looked with this specifically in mind...) ... all of the pix on the Corbin site have the rider seat flap shown in all of the pix. 

I know this doesn't help remediate the bad interaction or cash outlay ... I don't work for Corbin ... and I'm not trying to defend them - but I too have missed "important features" on high dollar custom stuff, and been frustrated at both myself, and at seemingly unclear product information/description, etc.  It's never very fun to deal with !!

I hope things are back together and the way you want now ... and you can go ride and fuh-getta-bout the problems !!

~~shane

BDMastiff

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 09:39:28 AM »

Subscribed.   

I've had both good and bad experiences with Corbin.  I now buy lightly used  Corbin seats on eBay & other online sites.  I bypass Corbin and save hundreds of $$$.  I understand that's no consolation to you and almost impossible if you're looking for a custom design.

I'd like to know how your experience ends.  Please let us know..... and good luck.

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 11:32:58 AM »

It ended as it started.
Their position is firm on it.
TIF2

BDMastiff

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 12:11:31 PM »

It ended as it started.
Their position is firm on it.

That sucks Dude. 

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 12:49:58 PM »

tif, call the Florida location and ask for Sergio. Real good guy. Tell him that Ted from Mass told you to ask for him. I don't know if it will help, but he has been great to deal with. Good luck.

:2vrolijk_21: Sergio is good....don't waste your time talking to the CS in Florida.

I love my solo seat...but the pillions piss me off.  If you have a light color bike (mine is Yellow) when ever you mount the pillion the  black rubber bumpers leave black rub marks!

So I took a razor and trimmed a 1/8" off the rubber and contact cemented some felt pad that are used on furniture.

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 25 queries.