Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Anyone upgrade to the new Stage II Audio?  (Read 40362 times)

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
Re: Anyone upgrade to the new Stage II Audio?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 07:17:45 PM »

CreeseHD,

Check out the CVO Street Glide forum on this site.  It looks like others are experiencing the same cutting out we are.

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2007 Suzuki M109R Limited, still in the stable
    • CVO3: 2013 Road King CVO Crushed Sapphire - Traded
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 07:46:43 PM »

Thanks dgreen, I'll do that.  Also, do you know what the harness part # is that your tech thought it needed, but no one had one in stock?

2014 CVO Limited SE Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire. Mods: TTS Tuner, FullSac DX Headers, 4" Rinehart Slip On's, SE Extreme Ventilator A/C, Chrome Laser Heat Shield, HD Lower 2.5" Daymaker Reflector LED Fogs, Custom Dynamics LED front and Rear Turn Signals, Adj Hwy Pegs, Split Vision Mirrors, Boom Shorty Antenna's, SoftBrake Brake & footboard Ext, CD Accent LED's, 10" LA Chopper Twin Peaks Bars, 9" LRS Dark Tint

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 07:56:00 PM »

This is a cut and paste from another member on HDForums:

"Bottom line CVO Limited has stock front amp with no 313 connection point behind fairing. The wiring comes out of amp and goes directly into main wiring harness. It is not the separate style harness you would find in the P&A Amp kit. It is unique to CVO Limited. So with that said, the only possible connection point is at the tour pak, near seat screw. What you do is install the 69200714 interconnect harness which comes in the kit. Then you install a 69200489 jumper harness which is sold separately and run that under tank, behind fairing and plug into tweeter/midrange connector. This takes the place of the 313 connector which is missing on CVO."

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 07:59:16 PM »

Awesome!  Thanks for the info!  I'm sure my service guys won't have a clue and take a week to try to figure it out!

2014 CVO Limited SE Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire. Mods: TTS Tuner, FullSac DX Headers, 4" Rinehart Slip On's, SE Extreme Ventilator A/C, Chrome Laser Heat Shield, HD Lower 2.5" Daymaker Reflector LED Fogs, Custom Dynamics LED front and Rear Turn Signals, Adj Hwy Pegs, Split Vision Mirrors, Boom Shorty Antenna's, SoftBrake Brake & footboard Ext, CD Accent LED's, 10" LA Chopper Twin Peaks Bars, 9" LRS Dark Tint

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 08:07:40 PM »

As a side note, how much of a difference did your mods make to your bike's power?  Did you notice much of a difference with the tuner?

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 08:48:41 PM »

It's a world of difference once I had it properly tuned.  This run was done while it was literally 100 degrees in the room.  I feel even more hp and tq when it's cool outside.
Was: HP = 88, Tq = 104
Now: HP = 98, Tq + 116
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 08:54:20 PM by CreeseHD »

Harleywild1hog

• My new ride
    • CA

• CVO1: CVO 2014 Limited
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 09:22:19 PM »

Harleywild1hog, I just had stage II boom added to my 2014 CVO limited. The dealer had a lot of trouble with install the first one they did. Tech had to call tech support many times problems with flash. Also had problems with instructions not very clear. Also the limited doesn't have the 313 harness. After talking to tech support and finding out there is no other way to make it work right with out that harness. I was lucky that the dealer had a front fairing amp kit, they took the harness out of it. Also had many errors he had to clear from radio. He than had one other problem tech support was closed after 3PM on Friday. Got the system to work on the front speakers ok but wouldn't work on woofers for tour pack. When I left the dealer on Friday night the tech was still working on it. The tech finish it on Saturday after finding that one cable from the 313 harness had to be plugged into the rear tour pack near back fender not shown in PA instructions. He did a very good job with the install very no spices at all. Also no problem with losing any settings. AVC is working ok. Will ride more this week. The dealer was very fair with the install only charge me 450.00. After working on it 3 days. I am off work because I got hit on my old Harley lady ran red light. Had three screws in my hip and leg was broken. Happen Sept 23 2014 still not back to work. So I have a lot of time.  :orange: :orange: :orange: Harleywild1hog

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 09:33:55 PM »

Harleywild1hog, I'm glad you're recovering and back in the saddle.  dgreen said the same thing.  Now, I at least know what to say when I go in the shop.  It's just a shame I have to go back to get it right.  Harley needs to make this very clear in it's instructions.  They also need to make the part readily available.

Harleywild1hog

• My new ride
    • CA

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 09:49:49 AM »

CreeseHD I hope all works out for you on your Boom stage II trip back to the dealer. Let us know what happens.
Thanks Harleywild1hog

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 12:08:34 PM »

I spoke to the service mgr today. He said they used the additional jumper harness. He said they called Harley and Harley walked them through it. They also said they did NOT splice at all. They will pick up the bike next week while I'm out of town to troubleshoot it. This weekend I will remove the faring and trace the lines myself to see if what he said he did is accurate.

Honestly, now it's even more disappointing. If they installed everything correctly and it still doesn't work, then I think I will have them pull all of it out. :( I'll let everyone know what they find after they troubleshoot it next week. If anyone comes up with a plan let me know.

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 10:26:41 PM »

The cutting out issue is complete BS!  My original system sounded good and never did that.  I'm not going to tolerate it with an upgrade that cost me around $1650 in parts and labor.  I'm going to try to drop my bike off this week also.  I'm going to show them what it is doing and may also have them pull everything out.  If Harley is willing to refund the parts, I don't think I would even argue over the labor (for the install anyways).

After reading the Street Glide forum, it looks like the issue is with the system and not our bikes.  If anyone has luck either getting their system perfect or having the parts taken out, let us know.

Here is a question....does anyone know if a new hole was drilled into the tourpak pods?  There are now two sets of wires going into the pods and my bike has two grommets with wires going through them.  I am going to be VERY much pissed if holes were drilled for the install.

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 10:53:56 PM »

The cutting out issue is complete BS!  My original system sounded good and never did that.  I'm not going to tolerate it with an upgrade that cost me around $1650 in parts and labor.  I'm going to try to drop my bike off this week also.  I'm going to show them what it is doing and may also have them pull everything out.  If Harley is willing to refund the parts, I don't think I would even argue over the labor (for the install anyways).

After reading the Street Glide forum, it looks like the issue is with the system and not our bikes.  If anyone has luck either getting their system perfect or having the parts taken out, let us know.

Here is a question....does anyone know if a new hole was drilled into the tourpak pods?  There are now two sets of wires going into the pods and my bike has two grommets with wires going through them.  I am going to be VERY much pissed if holes were drilled for the install.

I hope they didn't drill into my bike!! I won't be able to check it out until this weekend! I will completely come unglued!!! I agree, if they can't fix the issue on the intended bikes, there may be no hope in trying with ours...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:14:28 AM by CreeseHD »

Harleywild1hog

• My new ride
    • CA

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2015, 01:30:47 PM »

Hi guys. I will go by the dealer near me today, they have a new 2014 limited on the show room floor I will check and see if there are two harness out of tour-pack. I will be pissed also if they drilled holes in my tour-pack.  Also have two harness coming out of my tour-pack :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:. Also will ride :orange: mine today and make sure it doesn't loose sound and AVC works and doesn't loose any setting. Harleywild1hog. :orange:

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2015, 04:11:43 PM »

Great! Let us know!

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 05:40:31 PM »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like they drilled a second hole into our tourpak pods.  There was a Rushmore Ultra Limited trike in the service area and I took a peek.....only one wire and grommet in each tourpak pod.  My bike has two now   :'(

I got so annoyed with my Stage II system this afternoon that I just dropped my bike off at my dealer.  I went for a spin around the area to play with the system a bit.  I'm 100% convinced the Stage II system sounds worse than the Stage I while riding.....and I'm not even talking about the cutting out.  I think it sounds worse when it's working.

I told my service advisor how unhappy I was with the system and told him I wanted my bike put back to stock.  He said he wanted to see if Harley had a fix, and I agreed that is fair.  If they don't have a fix now, I'm not waiting for one to come out.  I'm insisting everything be put back to normal.  I'm not sure what's going to be done about my tourpak pods.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.