Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Anyone upgrade to the new Stage II Audio?  (Read 40364 times)

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2007 Suzuki M109R Limited, still in the stable
    • CVO3: 2013 Road King CVO Crushed Sapphire - Traded
Re: Anyone upgrade to the new Stage II Audio?
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 06:21:07 PM »

That is bad news. I agree that it does sound worse than my boom stage I. I can't even hear the thing while riding. Grant it,  i've only written it once since it was installed. I was so disgusted I parked it. I'll take a look when I get home this weekend to see if I have two holes in mine...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:57:34 PM by CreeseHD »

2014 CVO Limited SE Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire. Mods: TTS Tuner, FullSac DX Headers, 4" Rinehart Slip On's, SE Extreme Ventilator A/C, Chrome Laser Heat Shield, HD Lower 2.5" Daymaker Reflector LED Fogs, Custom Dynamics LED front and Rear Turn Signals, Adj Hwy Pegs, Split Vision Mirrors, Boom Shorty Antenna's, SoftBrake Brake & footboard Ext, CD Accent LED's, 10" LA Chopper Twin Peaks Bars, 9" LRS Dark Tint

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 09:42:40 PM »

I'm just curious, but the stock Infotainment system has been in the bikes for more than 19 months now, it still does not work right, issues with AVC, cutting out and so on.  Why would some on think, the upgrade would work as intended when the original does not?
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2015, 09:54:58 PM »

I'm just curious, but the stock Infotainment system has been in the bikes for more than 19 months now, it still does not work right, issues with AVC, cutting out and so on.  Why would some on think, the upgrade would work as intended when the original does not?

I thought the sound was pretty darn good on my stock CVO.  I figured the Stage II must be even better.  Shame on me!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 10:06:14 PM by dgreen1069 »

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2015, 10:01:21 PM »

Just trying to not stop believing and keep hope alive... lol

2014 CVO Limited SE Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire. Mods: TTS Tuner, FullSac DX Headers, 4" Rinehart Slip On's, SE Extreme Ventilator A/C, Chrome Laser Heat Shield, HD Lower 2.5" Daymaker Reflector LED Fogs, Custom Dynamics LED front and Rear Turn Signals, Adj Hwy Pegs, Split Vision Mirrors, Boom Shorty Antenna's, SoftBrake Brake & footboard Ext, CD Accent LED's, 10" LA Chopper Twin Peaks Bars, 9" LRS Dark Tint

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2015, 12:42:23 PM »

Hi guys. I will go by the dealer near me today, they have a new 2014 limited on the show room floor I will check and see if there are two harness out of tour-pack. I will be pissed also if they drilled holes in my tour-pack.  Also have two harness coming out of my tour-pack :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:. Also will ride :orange: mine today and make sure it doesn't loose sound and AVC works and doesn't loose any setting. Harleywild1hog. :orange:

Well, how did it go yesterday?

Copyless

• GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCU (close to a CVO)
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2015, 07:23:19 AM »

Here is a question....does anyone know if a new hole was drilled into the tourpak pods?  There are now two sets of wires going into the pods and my bike has two grommets with wires going through them.  I am going to be VERY much pissed if holes were drilled for the install.

I told you back  on 2/11 when you ask this question on another forum that a new 1" hole would be drilled in both pods to run the harness for the tweeters.

Harleywild, Your tech apparently doesn't know how to follow instructions, because the instructions tell you exactly what plug to use, and then if he did not know where the plug was, the CVO svc manual supplement would show him exactly where the plug is located. At least it's done (I guess it is) anyways.

I also mentioned this somewhere else, but it does not have to be spliced or the harness part ending in 489 does not have to be used (although this is the route 99% will take), the pins from the connector can be pulled and new pins put in the connector and then wired to a new molex end that will plug into the harness for the tweeters right in the fairing, this is the route I am taking. I see no reason to run a source from the fairing to the TP and then back to the fairing, when I need it in the fairing and it is already in the fairing. Doing it my way you have it right there where it originates from, and if someone ever chose to, they could pull the new pins from the connector and replace the original 4 pins that are right there, and the whole radio/amp harness is exactly the way it came from the factory. I hope if HD does do something for the CVO's it will be this, a 1 foot or so jumper with the 4 pin molex on one end and the 4 tyco pins on the other, and then the installer can do exactly as I mentioned, just pull the four pins from the amp connector and install the 4 with the new jumper.

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2015, 11:14:03 AM »

I told you back  on 2/11 when you ask this question on another forum that a new 1" hole would be drilled in both pods to run the harness for the tweeters.

Harleywild, Your tech apparently doesn't know how to follow instructions, because the instructions tell you exactly what plug to use, and then if he did not know where the plug was, the CVO svc manual supplement would show him exactly where the plug is located. At least it's done (I guess it is) anyways.

I also mentioned this somewhere else, but it does not have to be spliced or the harness part ending in 489 does not have to be used (although this is the route 99% will take), the pins from the connector can be pulled and new pins put in the connector and then wired to a new molex end that will plug into the harness for the tweeters right in the fairing, this is the route I am taking. I see no reason to run a source from the fairing to the TP and then back to the fairing, when I need it in the fairing and it is already in the fairing. Doing it my way you have it right there where it originates from, and if someone ever chose to, they could pull the new pins from the connector and replace the original 4 pins that are right there, and the whole radio/amp harness is exactly the way it came from the factory. I hope if HD does do something for the CVO's it will be this, a 1 foot or so jumper with the 4 pin molex on one end and the 4 tyco pins on the other, and then the installer can do exactly as I mentioned, just pull the four pins from the amp connector and install the 4 with the new jumper.

I remember you saying something about the tourpak pods, but I thought it only applied to the non-CVO bikes.  For whatever reason I thought the extra wire would be fished in through the port hole.  What the hell are guys supposed to do if they want to switch to something else down the road.  We now have an extra port on our speaker pods.  It's enough to piss off the Pope!  It was supposed to be a plug and play system.

Copyless

• GA

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2015, 02:41:35 PM »

You would have to do one of two things, leave the harness like it is, which is the one I most likely would do, or remove the harness and just get a 1" plug and put in the hole where the grommet is now. I know you are upset about the upgrade, and I don't blame you for being upset anyone spending that amount of money would be PO'd. Remember, I bought all of the Stage II for my CVO also, and I already had the BT equipment sitting here in the box ready to be put on, but what I'm trying to get at, is, I still say the problem is what I told you it was the first time you told me it was doing this, so for this reason (now that it is lots of people with the same issue) I will say that it is in the flash that HD uses for the system and this part will be resolved, I am sure, but at least now that I know that basically everyone has this issue, I am sure HD will get it resolved but it may take a couple of months, hopefully less. I have had a few items from HD that did not operate on initial release, I mean I was one of the first people with the iPod controller when released, me and (I can't remember for sure) like 7 or 8 others had this 4 or 5 hundred dollar item that would not even make any sound or work at all. It took us several days of working constantly on it to figure it out, but it worked, and HD made the revision to the install. Anyway I hope that it gets fixed soon, the biggest problem I see is, we most likely won't know it is fixed, until we hear from others that have the Stage II and don't have the problems you and others are having.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2015, 06:24:01 AM »

I've been reading the threads on both forums guys and something has been nagging at me about it. The new '15 CVOSG comes with this set up. I haven't read any reports of guys that have them say they are having any issues with it. Makes me wonder what's different on the SESG than doing the add on. Makes me think it's in the flashing of the amps.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2015, 09:30:02 AM »

Check out the CVO Street Glide forum here.   Guys aren't complaining about the sound, but they are experiencing the cutting out issue.

Check out this thread:  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=100211.0
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 09:36:31 AM by dgreen1069 »

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2015, 09:33:16 AM »

I've been reading the threads on both forums guys and something has been nagging at me about it. The new '15 CVOSG comes with this set up. I haven't read any reports of guys that have them say they are having any issues with it. Makes me wonder what's different on the SESG than doing the add on. Makes me think it's in the flashing of the amps.

I've been wondering the same thing. Unfortunately, I will not make it home to KC this weekend due to snow. I have to be in Denver for the week starting Monday, so I won't have a chance to trace all the harnesses and look and see if there's two holes in my pods until next weekend. Hopefully, enough people have complained to where they are at least trying to write an updated flash.  I hope this happens before riding season in KC kicks in the next 30-45 days!

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2015, 09:37:21 AM »

Check out the CVO Street Glide forum here.   Guys aren't complaining about the sound, but they are experiencing the cutting out issue.

Dgreen. Very true! The 15 CVOSG owners have had the same cutting out issue. But none of them complain about the sound itself. This is so frustrating!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:00:19 AM by CreeseHD »

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2015, 09:49:23 AM »

Check out this thread:  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=100211.0
I haven't even looked in the SG forum. Only watched the general audio threads.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Copyless

• GA

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2015, 03:41:07 PM »

I haven't read the other threads or anything, but I want to get a little more info so that I may dig into the problem a little deeper, when I do actually get around to tackling this problem. My biggest question right now is, Is everyone experiencing this on just the front speakers and not the rear speakers? So, what I need to know is that when the front cuts off (it does cut off right? as in stays off for a period of time) the rear speakers continue to play? If the rear does continue, has anyone let it play until the rear quits or until the front kicks back on? I was 98% percent sure that it was a flash problem, but I need to get these answers to follow up, because I have one more scenario, that it could be, but I need to do some testing and these answers will help a lot.

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2015, 03:55:30 PM »

I haven't read the other threads or anything, but I want to get a little more info so that I may dig into the problem a little deeper, when I do actually get around to tackling this problem. My biggest question right now is, Is everyone experiencing this on just the front speakers and not the rear speakers? So, what I need to know is that when the front cuts off (it does cut off right? as in stays off for a period of time) the rear speakers continue to play? If the rear does continue, has anyone let it play until the rear quits or until the front kicks back on? I was 98% percent sure that it was a flash problem, but I need to get these answers to follow up, because I have one more scenario, that it could be, but I need to do some testing and these answers will help a lot.

On mine, both the front and back have cut out.  Never at the same time, and only for a few seconds.  The front seems more prone to the problem than the rear, but I've experienced both.  My dealer asked me on Thursday the same question as Harley wanted them to replace one of my amps.  I told the dealer it was absolutely not an amp issue since both amps were cutting out at different times.  On top of that, my amp was functioning just fine when I dropped the bike off for the upgrade.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 3.728 seconds with 21 queries.