Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: Anyone upgrade to the new Stage II Audio?  (Read 40366 times)

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2007 Suzuki M109R Limited, still in the stable
    • CVO3: 2013 Road King CVO Crushed Sapphire - Traded
Re: Anyone upgrade to the new Stage II Audio?
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2015, 03:32:48 PM »

I'm not totally sure that it is ironed out, I'm just very confident that they have identified the problem, it was said that someone thought it was the amp, and because it was the flash part of the amp, which is what the bulletin describes and addresses. The problem was not that the dealer was not doing what they were supposed to, it was that the amp was not totally accepting it, although it was reporting that it was. This was a common problem back several years ago with other devices and such, never mind, no need for the long needless explanation. I'm going to check the date on mine, the thing I'm not totally sure of with the bulleting was if the amp was within the date specified, if it had not yet been flashed, I think it can be flashed, but if it has been attempted to be flashed it is bad now, I think this is what it says.
According to Harley, it didn't matter if you tried to flash or not. Those particular amps would not accept the flash if they tried. I'll see what happens at the end of next week. At least they agreed to pull it all out if the new equipment and flash doesn't work.

2014 CVO Limited SE Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire. Mods: TTS Tuner, FullSac DX Headers, 4" Rinehart Slip On's, SE Extreme Ventilator A/C, Chrome Laser Heat Shield, HD Lower 2.5" Daymaker Reflector LED Fogs, Custom Dynamics LED front and Rear Turn Signals, Adj Hwy Pegs, Split Vision Mirrors, Boom Shorty Antenna's, SoftBrake Brake & footboard Ext, CD Accent LED's, 10" LA Chopper Twin Peaks Bars, 9" LRS Dark Tint

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2015, 04:35:42 PM »

Hopefully it gets worked out.  Worst case scenario, you lose your installation cost....at least that's what happened to me.

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2015, 05:03:15 PM »

Hopefully it gets worked out.  Worst case scenario, you lose your installation cost....at least that's what happened to me.

True. That sucks too, but I'll deal with it not to have broken system.

2014 CVO Limited SE Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire. Mods: TTS Tuner, FullSac DX Headers, 4" Rinehart Slip On's, SE Extreme Ventilator A/C, Chrome Laser Heat Shield, HD Lower 2.5" Daymaker Reflector LED Fogs, Custom Dynamics LED front and Rear Turn Signals, Adj Hwy Pegs, Split Vision Mirrors, Boom Shorty Antenna's, SoftBrake Brake & footboard Ext, CD Accent LED's, 10" LA Chopper Twin Peaks Bars, 9" LRS Dark Tint

Copyless

• GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCU (close to a CVO)
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2015, 03:18:15 PM »

According to Harley, it didn't matter if you tried to flash or not. Those particular amps would not accept the flash if they tried. I'll see what happens at the end of next week. At least they agreed to pull it all out if the new equipment and flash doesn't work.

The very first paragraph (Purpose) says that the DTII will be updated on 3-25 to accommodate the amps, and that any amps that fall in the range of the problem amps, should not be sold until 3-25 at which time they will be able to flash the amps. If the dealer tried to flash an amp that was within the date code then that amp was trashed, and could no longer be used, because it would no longer accept a flash, so when your dealer tried to flash it, it then became useless, so they could not flash it after that, and had to get a new one or new ones. That's why the bulletin was dated 3-4 so they could try and stop some of the dealers from trying to flash the amp, and turning it into a oversized paperweight.

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2015, 03:40:07 PM »

The very first paragraph (Purpose) says that the DTII will be updated on 3-25 to accommodate the amps, and that any amps that fall in the range of the problem amps, should not be sold until 3-25 at which time they will be able to flash the amps. If the dealer tried to flash an amp that was within the date code then that amp was trashed, and could no longer be used, because it would no longer accept a flash, so when your dealer tried to flash it, it then became useless, so they could not flash it after that, and had to get a new one or new ones. That's why the bulletin was dated 3-4 so they could try and stop some of the dealers from trying to flash the amp, and turning it into a oversized paperweight.

Ah got cha. That makes sense as well. They are sending 2 amps for mine. My original amp and the rear amp. The tech from Harley on the phone may have been just saying what he thought to be the case or his interpretation of it..
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 03:43:11 PM by CreeseHD »

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2015, 06:26:51 PM »

Well, I'm not waiting for the "fix". I just don't believe it's going to work properly.  I just dropped off my bike with the Boom stage 1 to be re-installed.  Although Harley will not warranty the blown speakers, my dealer is stepping up and refunding all my money including installation.  I think it's BS that Harley will not warranty the blown speakers for them.  It's harley's fault the 1st flash didn't work. But hey, I will pick up my bike Thursday and not look back.  Soundz Customz, I'll ride up 4 hours to see you in about a month. With all the time waisted on this project, I'm just glad it's coming to an end...

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2015, 06:47:52 PM »

Kudos to your dealer for stepping up and making things right.  Make sure you let people know they did the stand up thing!

I wish Soundz was only 4 hours away.  I'd love to hear his setup.  I'm thinking I may go the Biketronics route, but I'm not buying anything until I've heard it with my own two ears.  Best of luck!

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2015, 07:00:38 PM »

Kudos to your dealer for stepping up and making things right.  Make sure you let people know they did the stand up thing!

I wish Soundz was only 4 hours away.  I'd love to hear his setup.  I'm thinking I may go the Biketronics route, but I'm not buying anything until I've heard it with my own two ears.  Best of luck!

I feel the same way about hearing it for yourself before purchase.  I've heard a lot of great setups while they were standing still; including my own Boom II.  But I want to ride one to hear if it sounds just as great on the highway... I'll still be researching until I pull the trigger.  I might just reach the end of the internet first. lol

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.