Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: Anyone upgrade to the new Stage II Audio?  (Read 40411 times)

Harleywild1hog

• My new ride
    • CA

• CVO1: CVO 2014 Limited
Re: Anyone upgrade to the new Stage II Audio?
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2015, 11:54:00 AM »

House of Thunder Morgan Hill Ca. Talk to Andrew is the service manager or Phil. Telephone # is 408-776-1900. John Langton = Harleywild1hog

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2015, 03:39:49 PM »

Thank you!  I couldn't get a hold of them earlier, but I'll keep trying.

Rkw

« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2015, 08:35:36 PM »

Gents/Ladies:

I initiated a discussion on the 2015 CVO SG forum regarding the SG stereo. The stereo sound at rest and riding is awesome on my 2015 CVO SG, but using my IPOD Nano (can't tell you if it occurs with radio/Sirius) only, I have experienced on a few occasions my amp shutting down, as if I blew it out with max volume. It would last just a few seconds, then come back on.

Someone, in response to my post, introduced me to clipping-and I believe that's the issue on my CVO SG. I researched clipping some more, and I attribute the rare occurrence to a few songs that cause this problem.

I am going to track which song/songs are playing when this occurs again.

Sorry to hear some of you having a problem upgrading your stereo, but hopefully they resolve the problems with time.

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2015, 10:10:10 PM »

Gents/Ladies:

I initiated a discussion on the 2015 CVO SG forum regarding the SG stereo. The stereo sound at rest and riding is awesome on my 2015 CVO SG, but using my IPOD Nano (can't tell you if it occurs with radio/Sirius) only, I have experienced on a few occasions my amp shutting down, as if I blew it out with max volume. It would last just a few seconds, then come back on.

Someone, in response to my post, introduced me to clipping-and I believe that's the issue on my CVO SG. I researched clipping some more, and I attribute the rare occurirence to a few songs that cause this problem.

I am going to track which song/songs are playing when this occurs again.

Sorry to hear some of you having a problem upgrading your stereo, but hopefully they resolve the problems with time.

RKW,
That was me in the Street Glide forum.   What I don't understand about the issue is that my bike never clipped when it was stock with just the Boom speakers and one amp.   I could play ,y radio at max volume  for hours without issue.  Why adding a second amp and supposedly better speakers causes the amps to cut out is beyond me.   In my opinion, Harley messed up this upgrade by not having it perfect when released.  I'm sure there are a hundred guys having issues for each one of us reporting it here.

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2015, 08:50:46 PM »

Well, that was fun  :oops:

After a total of about a month in the shop, my bike has gone full circle.  Not quite a week for the Boom Stage II install, and a bit over 3 weeks to try to get it working and finally removing it. 

It seems to me that Harley is letting this whole Boom audio thing ruin an otherwise great run of motorcycles (the Rushmore bikes).  What should be simple software fixes seem to take forever to come out.  With each new update, some problems are fixed, but new ones are created.  My AVC used to work, now I have to turn it off and on each time I ride.  My GPS used to default to Canada, but now it's back to the US (I'm glad they got that right).  The Boom I stuff wasn't killer, but it was pretty darn good.  It was good enough in fact that I was willing to give their Stage II stuff a try sight unseen.  My dealer never could get my system to stop cutting out at higher volumes.  On top of that, it never did sound as good as my stock CVO radio at speed.  Very disappointing to say the least.

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2007 Suzuki M109R Limited, still in the stable
    • CVO3: 2013 Road King CVO Crushed Sapphire - Traded
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2015, 09:55:54 PM »

Well, that was fun  :oops:

After a total of about a month in the shop, my bike has gone full circle.  Not quite a week for the Boom Stage II install, and a bit over 3 weeks to try to get it working and finally removing it. 

It seems to me that Harley is letting this whole Boom audio thing ruin an otherwise great run of motorcycles (the Rushmore bikes).  What should be simple software fixes seem to take forever to come out.  With each new update, some problems are fixed, but new ones are created.  My AVC used to work, now I have to turn it off and on each time I ride.  My GPS used to default to Canada, but now it's back to the US (I'm glad they got that right).  The Boom I stuff wasn't killer, but it was pretty darn good.  It was good enough in fact that I was willing to give their Stage II stuff a try sight unseen.  My dealer never could get my system to stop cutting out at higher volumes.  On top of that, it never did sound as good as my stock CVO radio at speed.  Very disappointing to say the least.

Dave, I Just landed in KC and saw ur post. Harley called me 2 days ago saying there's a software update bulletin that just came out. I said I could care less and to take it out. I'm going in to see my dealer face-to-face tomorrow. Now that is going to be interesting...  My bike has been in the shop with the boom 1's in the tour pack awaiting re-install since I've been out of town. Yeah, real interesting...

2014 CVO Limited SE Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire. Mods: TTS Tuner, FullSac DX Headers, 4" Rinehart Slip On's, SE Extreme Ventilator A/C, Chrome Laser Heat Shield, HD Lower 2.5" Daymaker Reflector LED Fogs, Custom Dynamics LED front and Rear Turn Signals, Adj Hwy Pegs, Split Vision Mirrors, Boom Shorty Antenna's, SoftBrake Brake & footboard Ext, CD Accent LED's, 10" LA Chopper Twin Peaks Bars, 9" LRS Dark Tint

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2015, 10:09:32 PM »

My dealer said Harley was not the easiest to deal with on this issue.   My service advisor is convinced the speakers themselves have an issue.   He suspects that's why they are now on back order.   Personally, I think it's the software.   I'd love to hear a Stage II system that sounds like it's supposed to.  Best of luck!!!

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2015, 10:19:21 PM »

My dealer said Harley was not the easiest to deal with on this issue.   My service advisor is convinced the speakers themselves have an issue.   He suspects that's why they are now on back order.   Personally, I think it's the software.   I'd love to hear a Stage II system that sounds like it's supposed to.  Best of luck!!!

Thanks. I'm going tomorrow afternoon. We shall see.

2014 CVO Limited SE Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire. Mods: TTS Tuner, FullSac DX Headers, 4" Rinehart Slip On's, SE Extreme Ventilator A/C, Chrome Laser Heat Shield, HD Lower 2.5" Daymaker Reflector LED Fogs, Custom Dynamics LED front and Rear Turn Signals, Adj Hwy Pegs, Split Vision Mirrors, Boom Shorty Antenna's, SoftBrake Brake & footboard Ext, CD Accent LED's, 10" LA Chopper Twin Peaks Bars, 9" LRS Dark Tint

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2015, 04:56:41 PM »

I picked up my bike this afternoon.  The Boom II is still in it for now.  I was able to speak with Harley over the phone along side the service manager. I was able to confirm Harley has put out a PA regarding the issue. The amps are the issue according to them.  They are going to replace both amps and the front speakers because they are blown due to the ineffective programing of the original amps.  Harley has agreed to remove and refund me if this fix doesn't work.  My bike is going back in on the 25th or 26th once the software is released and the new equipment arrives.  Once again, we shall see..  See attachment for the PA.

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2015, 05:03:56 PM »

At least it's something.  Good luck!

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2015, 05:12:04 PM »

Thanks Dave.  If they can't get it right.  I will be riding up to Sound Customz later this spring...

Copyless

• GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCU (close to a CVO)
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2015, 01:41:02 AM »

Almost exactly what might have been said in a conversation earlier in the day?  So, maybe it is fixed, and from reading the bulletin, I believe they have identified the problem, because as mentioned, that is exactly what some crazy person thought.

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2015, 07:13:15 AM »

Hopefully that is the fix, but I'm not entirely convinced it will be.  SW74 posted on www.hdforums.com back on Feb. 1, that his dealer couldn't get his amps programmed.  He had the amps replaced under warranty and the new ones accepted the flash.  That said, I don't know how his system turned out.

My dealer said they programmed my amps and HU per Harley's instructions.  I'm fairly certain they did it more than once as they said they spent a ridiculous amount of time walking through the program process with several different techs.  I hope I'm wrong and CreeseHD has better luck.

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2015, 08:09:44 AM »

Almost exactly what might have been said in a conversation earlier in the day?  So, maybe it is fixed, and from reading the bulletin, I believe they have identified the problem, because as mentioned, that is exactly what some crazy person thought.

It was great chatting with you yesterday.  I finally spoke to Bill and he's going to look into the wiring situation for me.  If I go that route, I'm thinking I will not worry about having a fader and will split the current signal going to my amp to power a 4 channel system.  I may try the Alpine Type R speakers in the tour pack pods as supposedly they fit without any adapters.  I'm not in a rush this time around though.

Copyless

• GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCU (close to a CVO)
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2015, 01:46:38 PM »

It was great chatting with you yesterday.  I finally spoke to Bill and he's going to look into the wiring situation for me.  If I go that route, I'm thinking I will not worry about having a fader and will split the current signal going to my amp to power a 4 channel system.  I may try the Alpine Type R speakers in the tour pack pods as supposedly they fit without any adapters.  I'm not in a rush this time around though.

I'm not totally sure that it is ironed out, I'm just very confident that they have identified the problem, it was said that someone thought it was the amp, and because it was the flash part of the amp, which is what the bulletin describes and addresses. The problem was not that the dealer was not doing what they were supposed to, it was that the amp was not totally accepting it, although it was reporting that it was. This was a common problem back several years ago with other devices and such, never mind, no need for the long needless explanation. I'm going to check the date on mine, the thing I'm not totally sure of with the bulleting was if the amp was within the date specified, if it had not yet been flashed, I think it can be flashed, but if it has been attempted to be flashed it is bad now, I think this is what it says.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 22 queries.