Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Author Topic: General GPS routing, Programing, Transferring  (Read 42025 times)

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
Re: General GPS routing, Programing, Transferring
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2015, 09:22:08 PM »

OK got turn by turn to work but mine was by selecting "Next turn" in main appearances. The preferences on mine seemed not to have "Turn by Turn" but offered twisty and such. I do have same software 1.8.3 (most recent). Thing I didn't like on Next Turn was the left corner info was gone, which I had set to Distance to end. I always liked distance to end to know what I have left in the day. But the Next Turn worked great, even a nice count down and red bar scale which goes down as turn gets closer.

Also found skip next waypoint. Seemed to work, but got to make new route to see if it really was correct. Sent me off in direction I didn't think it would to go past skipped on to one after, but I could be wrong there. More time on that.

Can a route be started in the middle. Like I am three waypoints in and stop. Then cancel route to go off somewhere, not just turn off bike and restart, but end route in middle.
Next day I start off in middle of route, do I load it again? does it take me to Start to begin whole route or will if figure where I am at and continue on from closest waypoint?
Will

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2015, 01:50:35 PM »

OK got turn by turn to work but mine was by selecting "Next turn" in main appearances. The preferences on mine seemed not to have "Turn by Turn" but offered twisty and such. I do have same software 1.8.3 (most recent). Thing I didn't like on Next Turn was the left corner info was gone, which I had set to Distance to end. I always liked distance to end to know what I have left in the day. But the Next Turn worked great, even a nice count down and red bar scale which goes down as turn gets closer.

Also found skip next waypoint. Seemed to work, but got to make new route to see if it really was correct. Sent me off in direction I didn't think it would to go past skipped on to one after, but I could be wrong there. More time on that.

Can a route be started in the middle. Like I am three waypoints in and stop. Then cancel route to go off somewhere, not just turn off bike and restart, but end route in middle.
Next day I start off in middle of route, do I load it again? does it take me to Start to begin whole route or will if figure where I am at and continue on from closest waypoint?

When you select the Trip it lists Start then all the waypoints. You can select the waypoint you want to start at.

To end the route you can use the voice activation and say Cancel Route Guidance or select the route options from the map and press Stop.
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2015, 09:13:41 AM »

Thanks Joe
Saw the list, just wasn't sure it would continue trip PAST the waypoint or only go to that waypoint if selected. Pretty amazing actually some of the features. Glad you worked out bugs before I started playing with this.
Will

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2015, 04:42:02 PM »

Thanks Joe
Saw the list, just wasn't sure it would continue trip PAST the waypoint or only go to that waypoint if selected. Pretty amazing actually some of the features. Glad you worked out bugs before I started playing with this.
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2015, 01:17:20 PM »

Figured out skip next waypoint.

Next question. Hit  GO TO then go into SAVED, list the waypoints like I named them in the Notes of each point....SO I figure I can skip a route and it will just take me there, yes or no?

But when riding the route and I toggle the bottom, get a list of turn by turn along with waypoints with a yellow flag, it lists them as an address, like 123 main st, but not the name like JOES SHOP....can I make it list names?

So when I have a long route, with multiple waypoints, and want to cut one off I would like to know by name which place it is, with just an address of 123 main st, I don't know what town that is..

also found a screen with DESTINATIONS while route was active, it lists a bunch of coordinates, no way I know what longatude and latitude if I don't know name...
Will

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2015, 11:44:56 AM »

Figured out skip next waypoint.

Next question. Hit  GO TO then go into SAVED, list the waypoints like I named them in the Notes of each point....SO I figure I can skip a route and it will just take me there, yes or no?

But when riding the route and I toggle the bottom, get a list of turn by turn along with waypoints with a yellow flag, it lists them as an address, like 123 main st, but not the name like JOES SHOP....can I make it list names?

So when I have a long route, with multiple waypoints, and want to cut one off I would like to know by name which place it is, with just an address of 123 main st, I don't know what town that is..

also found a screen with DESTINATIONS while route was active, it lists a bunch of coordinates, no way I know what longatude and latitude if I don't know name...

SAVED:
You can select any item from your Saved and get route guidance to your selection even if the Saved item is from a Trip.

Turn By Turn:
The turn by turn list uses the name of the waypoint not the notes. Change the name to something that identifies where it is on your route.

Destinations:
I haven't really done much with this option. When I look at mine on an active route it displays the waypoint name not the coordinates.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:37:48 PM by cvosjoe »
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

Fast FLHX

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite FLHXSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2020 Smokey Grey/Black Hole FLHXSE
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2015, 03:46:12 PM »

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2015, 04:45:11 PM »

Seems google only allows 10 waypoints and is making individual trips out of the circle created in the video, or at least that is what the responding people have said. Would be fine except I need to plan a 2 week cross country route and pass it on to friends too.

But as to Base Camp route with waypoints-Unless I am still doing something wrong in creating the waypoints... I think my waypoints did not take on the name when listed in turn by turn. I am sure of this. It used address for the list of turns and yellow flags for the waypoint just had address like 123 Main st.. When I arrived at the waypoint it would show the name if it was a business selected on Base Camp, but usually still the address, and not the complete address with town name. I have gone back and checked every waypoint, including the name and notes to be sure. I changed the symbol on some, changed name slightly or completely to remove any address in the name.

The waypoints were listed in Saved correctly I believe, just not the turn by turn during a TRIP. Is there a way to start a trip from a waypoint in the middle?
Then I could just set detination to the SAVED waypoint list, when I get there start the remainder of the trip?
Will

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2015, 04:49:01 PM »

As a side note- I had cross country trip routed in Harley Planner. It lists stops at Best Westerns as a new route or part of route as new starting point. My selection of roads with waypoints were found to be VIA POINTS and I already know VIA Points don't work when placed in bike. When I brought the GPX file over to Base Camp to see some of the sections created, no roads or anything , just a beginning point and end point for the "days" or sections the Harley Planner made of it. I deleted the entire transfer, figure easier to just make new than fix each point and section.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:18:39 AM by bakon »
Will

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2015, 01:12:48 PM »

Removed everything. Cleared all saved (which I found duplicate SAVED with same name, same address, all info looked good, Guess in importing route when I SELECT ALL it is adding all waypoints again, even if already in SAVED.

So delete all routes too. Checked route in Basecamp again, export it to thumb drive, reload into bike, SELECT ALL. Check and all waypoints in SAVED correct. Check route and let it calculate. First turn pops up correct and then check list of turns...waypoints are in correct order, roads look good, but waypoints list a number in front of name, example 3112 Joes Bike Shop.

These numbers are the numbers from the street address. All waypoints are including this. In the name and notes I have no numbers. I never entered any numbers, Base Camp put the numbers in STREET along with road. They are correct numbers and street, just somehow from Base Camp to Infotainment navigation on bike the numbers from address get added to front with name. Checking the SAVED of same location shows everything correctly formatted too.

I can decipher the location now that I know what to look for...anyone else see this with waypoints on route?
Will

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2015, 06:11:31 PM »

Do not select all just select the file that you named.

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2015, 06:23:36 PM »

Removed everything. Cleared all saved (which I found duplicate SAVED with same name, same address, all info looked good, Guess in importing route when I SELECT ALL it is adding all waypoints again, even if already in SAVED.

So delete all routes too. Checked route in Basecamp again, export it to thumb drive, reload into bike, SELECT ALL. Check and all waypoints in SAVED correct. Check route and let it calculate. First turn pops up correct and then check list of turns...waypoints are in correct order, roads look good, but waypoints list a number in front of name, example 3112 Joes Bike Shop.

These numbers are the numbers from the street address. All waypoints are including this. In the name and notes I have no numbers. I never entered any numbers, Base Camp put the numbers in STREET along with road. They are correct numbers and street, just somehow from Base Camp to Infotainment navigation on bike the numbers from address get added to front with name. Checking the SAVED of same location shows everything correctly formatted too.

I can decipher the location now that I know what to look for...anyone else see this with waypoints on route?

Bakon,
14CVOultra pointed out that you do not have to Select All when importing the route. When you import you will see a list of route(s) and waypoints(s) that you can select individually. Typically the first item in the list after the Select All is the route. Just select this one when you import. It will not save any of the waypoints/locations into the Saved. If you have waypoints on your route that you want to put into Saved then select them individually before proceeding with the import. For example you might create some waypoints or locations like a city, scenic overlook, etc, that you might want to keep in your Saved. After 14CVOultra pointed this out I find that it is easier as you only have to get rid of the Trips.

I have noticed the same as you with the number but I can not find any correlation to the name or notes. I have a city where the city name and the notes are identical and there is no address yet the turn by turn list shows 130 cityname. Don't know why it does this.

If you want to start a Trip from the middle, when you select the Trip, you will see Start then a list of the waypoints/locations. Scroll the list to the waypoint you want to start at. The navigation will route you to that waypoint based on your preferences and then the Trip will follow the remaining waypoints to the destination.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:37:02 PM by cvosjoe »
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2015, 08:18:34 PM »

I really appreciate all the help.  I did load a route without select all and the route is typically next item. I also tried select all and you are correct on when the items show up in SAVED. I was afraid I couldn't start in middle without being SAVED, but did notice the list when selecting route...guess I was hoping with more info on the waypoints the number would go away.

If you are seeing same thing with a number (number of address is what I find it to be) then I feel its the infotainment navigation processing the points and assigning it with name. Probably takes coordinates for location and figures its own street address for the point, then places those numbers from street address but not street, in front of the name we gave it... just a guess there. Bet it could be an easy fix for who programs the information displayed after the route is calculated. Looks like the system might need to know the street number and name, but we only need a name we give the point. Who ever programmed the display info added the numbers, maybe not intentional but to double check it was calculating spot correct.(Again a guess here)

reason for my thinking...I have a waypoint which has no numbers at all. It a bridge and my point is in the middle. I named it CLAIRTON BRIDGE in name and notes. It has no street address listed in Base Camp and not a recognized landmark there either for Base Camp to give it a number...

So my thinking is just as we know the exact route is not copied over, but points and infotainment nav makes its route from those points (think I am correct on this) then my waypoint with no physical number in any programming software is being given one by the bike when "route is calculated."
Will

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2015, 05:00:09 PM »

Some observations:  Loop route starting at my home. Big 75 mile circle.
1----Started route about 5 waypoints in. Directed to point fine and began route. The directions were good and the bottom NEXT TURN instructions were correct.
The instruction can be highlighted and whole list of turns and waypoints could be viewed but they were not correct after hitting that waypoint I skipped to. In fact it was listing the very first turns I had skipped. The ones close to home. It also listed the waypoints by number and street names, not the name I gave them. Turn off bike and restart route, same thing on names but directions looked good.

2---So stop again somewhere near the middle...Restart route from beginning START point. The system tries to direct me back to my home where it begins instead of starting from where I am at and completing the loop. That makes sense..so I skip waypoints until I am caught up to the point I am actually at. About 8-10 points. Have to let it recalculate for each one I skip, cant just skip real fast in a row....but I got good results, the waypoints went back to being a number before the name I gave them. Like the street address number then my name, but still easier to figure out then number and street name when dealing with multiple little towns... Alll works good.

3-- So I pick an end waypoint I have in SAVED and add it to route....never displayed the turns, distance to end or recalculated correctly... not sure what happened there. Cancel route.

4---So I go into SAVED and pick same waypoint. Routes perfect, cuts back the best and fastest way to get there, ends all good.
Quit on the high note.
Will

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2015, 09:35:49 PM »

New Route Today- waypoints listed by number (I didn't give) and name I give them. Only saved the route when IMPORT, not the points, worked fine. No skipping around today, but did see the bike wanted to take me up on a toll road for a faster route, then stay down on two lane roads between two waypoints. Base Camp Routed it staying on two lanes so I thought bike would. First time they didn't match on main route to me.

Pulled off, choose SCENIC for ROUTE PLANNING- recalculated but no change in which roads the bike wanted. Then picked TWISTIES- again no change...even stated it was recalculating. Turned bike off then back on, reselected- still wanted the toll road interstate over the backroads- figure backroads were 10 miles longer in between the two waypoints but still wanted that highway.

Way back it did take me on a cow path of sorts, to the toll road again, instead of along the river and two lane roads up. Figure about same distance. So it did find twisties, but really a worse route with half toll road interstate and the twisty would not be one I picked at one lane in parts.

Guess I need to keep on FASTEST ROUTE for ROUTE PLANNING and add a few more waypoints in Base Camp to force down on roads I want. What I saw on Basecamp needs to be checked when loaded in bike.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:39:32 PM by bakon »
Will
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 22 queries.