Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2015 RG Ultra CVO extra weight?  (Read 6342 times)

sneezy

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 Road Glide Ultra
Re: 2015 RG Ultra CVO extra weight?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 01:26:32 PM »

LOL. I am glad to here it. What part of Fla are you riding thru? I hope the weather is a bit nicer than we have had. We have had snow, ice and rain just about every day since I picked my bike up. I did manage to squeeze in a ride Saturday. Lovin the RG. I don't think there could be a better ride. I have a business trip next week to northern Alabama so I am planning to ride up the Natchez trace up to Muscle Shoals  and maybe pop into Tenn.  a bit before my meeting.
Take care.

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 03:21:26 PM »

Sneezy, check road reports prior to riding into TN.  We are predicted to have another ice/snow headed this way Thursday.  If we get some warm days early next week it will melt pretty quick.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 07:20:18 PM »

Good call TN when we left LA it was freezing until we hit the end of the panhandle bit thingy. We are somewhere in the middle heading towards key west which we will be at tomorrow night Sneezy. We will head to Daytona on fri 6th? Very warm down here.
Cheers Tom

stealth

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 08:07:11 AM »

I did not see anyone comment on this so decided I should. The only thing I would caution you about is the handle bars. Although so much better for riding, because they are a lot closer to the bike than my 2011's were I have noticed that there is no where near the leverage to pull the bike up if you loose balance. So, beware of that. If you turn the forks to get the leverage of the stops the grips are over the tank and without having legs like a giraffe you loose all leverage.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 08:26:37 AM »

I did not see anyone comment on this so decided I should. The only thing I would caution you about is the handle bars. Although so much better for riding, because they are a lot closer to the bike than my 2011's were I have noticed that there is no where near the leverage to pull the bike up if you loose balance. So, beware of that. If you turn the forks to get the leverage of the stops the grips are over the tank and without having legs like a giraffe you loose all leverage.

This is a great point. The first handlebar swap I did was for a set of Khromewerks bars that pulled back more. Man the leverage was horrible. Switched to 13" apes and it's amazing how much easier it is to stand the bike up from the kickstand.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

sneezy

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 08:52:13 PM »

Thanks all for the input. I had not thought about the handlebar change affecting the lifting point. I guess I better figure out another way to manage a tilted bike. Thanks

Arboth

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 09:39:30 PM »

Great looking ride Sneezy. My first time out just could not get over how well balanced 943 lbs is. It only gets better with time. Ride safe....
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 22 queries.