Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: What are my choices for 2 in to 1 brands that make a ghost pipe?  (Read 13788 times)

timtoolman

• never enough torque!!!!!!!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Hillside Stg 4 117, S&S 66 T.B. Woods 400-6, Rush 2-1 Wrath
Re: What are my choices for 2 in to 1 brands that make a ghost pipe?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 09:04:31 PM »

Rush Wrath 2-1 with ghost pipe, 3 choices of baffle sizes, 4 " mufflers , Stepped header, makes power

harleytuner

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • VA

• Wide Open Cycles
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 09:06:40 PM »

+1 on the Rush Wrath. I've sold aa few of them. Great pipe, great price.
110" - T-man HiComp pistons - RoederRacing Heads - GMR 577 cams - HPI 55 - FatCat - AIM clutch - Vision

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 10:05:13 PM »

Found a video of the pipe, sounds good.  Looks like the rear head pipe swings back real close to your leg.  Had that problem with the Dragula (which I head is made by Rush)  Want to stay away from that.  Kind of short legged.
2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
D&D FatCat Performance Baffle
Thundermax

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2015, 10:08:12 PM »

Found a video of the pipe, sounds good.  Looks like the rear head pipe swings back real close to your leg.  Had that problem with the Dragula (which I head is made by Rush)  Want to stay away from that.  Kind of short legged.

Yes it is and yes it does. I bet I am more short legged though LOL

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 04:52:58 PM »

If you don't like the twisty bend of the Dragula or Rush (which I don't), consider the Dragula S/C/S-4. It's is a non-stepped pipe that doesn't have the twisty rear pipe that sticks out by your leg, assumingly because it's not equal length (shorter), and is a smaller diameter (1.75" the whole way).

I've thought about 2-1 and if I did, that would be the one I would get. I don't think a stepped header is any better in the low end for our 110 engines, and I like the look of the S/C/S-4 better.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 05:05:28 PM »

If you don't like the twisty bend of the Dragula or Rush (which I don't), consider the Dragula S/C/S-4. It's is a non-stepped pipe that doesn't have the twisty rear pipe that sticks out by your leg, assumingly because it's not equal length (shorter), and is a smaller diameter (1.75" the whole way).

I've thought about 2-1 and if I did, that would be the one I would get. I don't think a stepped header is any better in the low end for our 110 engines, and I like the look of the S/C/S-4 better.

Also there is a Dragula 2 without the annoying bend.  :2vrolijk_21:

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2015, 05:25:44 PM »

Had the Dragula and it was a decent pipe no offense to anyone but from the options listed I'll wait for the Area51. 
2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
Thundermax

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2015, 06:32:27 PM »

Had the Dragula and it was a decent pipe no offense to anyone but from the options listed I'll wait for the Area51.

The pipe and sound are nice but the bend is annoying. Won't be going on again  :D

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 07:13:46 PM »

I haven't had an issue with the long bend (I expected some) except for not being able to retain the heat deflector.
Oddly, I don't recall it being excessively hot or uncomfortable. I have done several mods and am running a PV AT so that has helped a great deal.
Without a decent tune the heat would be ridiculous even with the heat shield. I am also not tall or long-legged.
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 08:41:20 PM »

I haven't had an issue with the long bend (I expected some) except for not being able to retain the heat deflector.
Oddly, I don't recall it being excessively hot or uncomfortable. I have done several mods and am running a PV AT so that has helped a great deal.
Without a decent tune the heat would be ridiculous even with the heat shield. I am also not tall or long-legged.
I've burned my chaps and ruined rain suit pants on the bend. My bike was tuned by one of the best. I'm only 5'6" though.

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2015, 10:13:47 PM »

I just looked on Drago's  website and the Dragula 2 is way different. It looks like the rear pipe is almost touching the fins, no long bend at all.
You might check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010FLHTCUSE5

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2015, 12:38:29 AM »

I just looked on Drago's  website and the Dragula 2 is way different. It looks like the rear pipe is almost touching the fins, no long bend at all.
You might check it out.

Yep he released that awhile back. I've got way too much money invested between the tune and the pipe I'm not doing it over again. This one stays on.

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

What are my choices for 2 in to 1 brands that make a ghost pipe?
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 12:28:28 PM »

Yeah that's one of the reasons that I opted for the auto tune setup. It seems to work really well through all the mods and pipes I've done.
I'm certain it's not "optimal" and I don't have any dyno sheets to post... But it runs like a scalded ape (compared to stock), so I'm happyhappyhappy.
Swapping to another pipe to try is not a problem. I might give the Dragula2 a run some time.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 01:44:35 PM by MrSurly »

2010FLHTCUSE5

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 05:04:57 PM »

Yeah that's one of the reasons that I opted for the auto tune setup. It seems to work really well through all the mods and pipes I've done.
I'm certain it's not "optimal" and I don't have any dyno sheets to post... But it runs like a scalded ape (compared to stock), so I'm happyhappyhappy.
Swapping to another pipe to try is not a problem. I might give the Dragula2 a run some time.

Surly I have the Power Vision with auto tune. It doesn't hold a candle to a real tune from a guy like Doug Lofgren. It is nice but I have headwork and cams. Needs a tune so the pipe stays.  :nixweiss:

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2015, 05:55:44 PM »

I run a TMAX and plan to make a trip to the dyno this spring.  The TMAX doesn't adjust timing so I want a good baseline to work off of.  I also have cams and head work. 
2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
Thundermax
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.